It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My honest opinion on this Global warming crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Don't really post many exciting or good threads on this site, but from now i'm going to give my opinions on many topics, firstly this topic.

Global warming, just read a thread about "people being so anti-environmental"
My opinion on this, yes i am, it's not like i want us to kill this planet but every Environmental person is cutting down on C02 gases etc, you really shouldn't,

Global warming is natural, it happens every so often, the planet is going through changes.

A volcanic eruption pumps so much crap into the O-zone layer that it is more damaging than every man made polluting object out there combined, so no I'm not going to go green and i agree with people who think global warming is a scam more money for the government.

i care about this planet as much as the green people do, but i am not going to go all green peace on this, im going to carry on doing my everyday thing, GLOBAL WARMING IS NATURAL, so lets just get on with our lifes and let the planet be.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I agree with your post, the government makes it look like a serious issue and start to tax anything that they believe "contributes" to "global warming" I guess its just a way for them to make more money of the people squeeze them for anything, but well said.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
IMNSHO.

I too once thought we should cut down a little but thats Half-(Snip)ing it.

So then I figured, I'd become homeless, quit buying clothes, because the places there made at support anti-earth with there burnings of such and such.

Then Lord Obama, and Lord Gore, gave me another option! It was beautiful, I could just pay more taxes, ala my guilt is gone, and I save the country. We just need more taxes, again and again! I need to get my fix by paying taxes.

Then I figured, well the earth has been hot before, and there not making any sense, so I continued on with my life........but didn't leave that trip without even more taxes

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Agree with both of your posts i do,

Tax this that and the other, this is not just your planet its all of are, its a load of bull especially on global warming XD

Next it will be our own bodies, we have to pay tax to live getting to far this is XD

But cheers for your opinions.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
A small correction. Global Warming in not natural, global climate change is. Global Warming is a theory that states due to the increased burning of fossil fuels we will have a corresponding in crease in carbon in the atmosphere causing a greenhouse affect and those a global increase in planetary temperature. This increase in temperature has so far failed to follow any predictions based on the theory and thus the theory is flawed. End of story, anyone can argue if they like, but if it is flawed it is flawed. Make a new theory don't hold to one that isn't correct... Sorry started to rant there.

Anyway, just correcting word usage. Not your basic belief which fits into everything I know. Just using the word Global Warming makes peoples brains shut down and I think we should stop using it.

And yes I know that climates are regional and not global, I use global climate change to indicate that the different climates all over the globe are changing, as they should.

Now to add more to the discussion for fun. It has been my belief that climate change is the driving influence behind evolution. Without it none of use would be here.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I think we should live out our lives also...but there are small simple changes that we can do to help.

I recycle everything I can. I help the planet and HEY! I get money for getting rid of my garbage!

Also, I've got solar setups on all my outdoor lighting. I have motion-sensor light switches that shut off lights automatically so I can never forget to turn one off, I use energy-saving bulbs. I take short showers and wash my clothes with cold water, etc etc etc. I also do some more in-depth "greenie" things, but I'm keeping to to basics for the point I'm making in this post.

I don't think a lot of people get the fact that you can save money doing these things also. Live my life "normally," help the planet and save a few bucks while doing it. To me there is no reason for people not to be somewhat enviornmentally concious using these simple methods when it benefits them DIRECTLY (and they don't have to wait for long-term results) by keeping money in their pockets.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I completely concur with the general consensus on this thread so far.

It always irritates and frustrates me to a high degree when I hear so called "scientists" and politicians claim that we are facing "Drastic Climate Change", and that "Climate Change" is placing us and our Planet in some form of peril. The reason this terminology truly exacerbates my diatribe against the AGW community, has to do with the fact that the Climate of Earth ALWAYS Changes, as it is NEVER constant, not even from year to year (ie, El Nino, La Nina, etc.). Some actually have the nerve to state that the reason "Global Warming" is now termed to be "Climate Change" is because "Climate Change" happens to more accurately reflect the truth in the issue. Well, this IS the truth, but they then go on to describe it as man-made, which is completely unproven.

I have written papers and reports over and over again upon this topic, and I can state with emphatic glee that I am truly glad to finally witness more and more vocal doubts coming forth as to the mainstream partisan rhetoric currently being spoon fed to so many of the masses. I was involved with this subject matter before VP Al Gore became its so called spokesperson, and I have witnessed first hand the ever evolving conundrum of politics which has increasingly taken over the science behind such. It seems however, alas, that others firsthand observations have finally begun to lead a growing number of people towards a "Re-awakening" of sorts, and for this I am very glad.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Well whats interesting to me is people who point to the debate about global warming and say "hey, its not proven" and use that as an excuse to pollute the earth all they want and never take any responsibility for their garbage and destruction.

Personally The whole warming issue doesnt bother me one way or another because if things get too hot, wooptie doo, humans might not survive, and i dont really care about that. What i DO care about is a race that is so self indulgent and self centered that they can allow their lifestyle to completely destroy the air, land and sea for ALL occupants of the planet, and not care a whit of a whit.

Its strange to me that we are being told each year to eat less fish, each year more cities have smog alerts, every couple months we are finding out about more foreign and toxic chemicals being found in our waters such as prozac, benzene, excitotoxins, and yet some will sit there and say "well scientists havent proved that we are warming the globe, so i dont have to pick up after myself.".

This is just typical of the american mindset, and its people using any excuse to not care about the impact they have on those around them. I have japanese relatives in tokyo, and i can tell you that as a society they are almost the opposite. Their whole homes are models of effeciency, they reuse their own garbage and recycle everything. Their bathrooms are arranged to conserve energy and materials, as are their whole lives.

The native americans were originally much the same. Americans, however, care about nothing but themselves, not even about their childrens children, whom they are leaving a land broke and broken.

Some native american tribes in antiquity used to consider the repercussions of their actions to 7 generations down the line when making important decisions. Americans today cant even consider the effects their actions will have next year. Seems they cant see fit to consider anything other than their own comfort and money.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I hate to see people poke at the evil americans. New industrial countries pollute much more then we do. Go to Mexico City, New Dheli. Truth is we can afford to complain because life is pretty easy for the average american.

Japan is more efficient because they have to be, it is a small island. Nothing to do with being more environmentally minded more to do with being crowded and not wanting to live in filth.

Native Americans hunted the buffalo to near extinction where is the 7 generation of forethought there?

Americans do not want to pollute and waste and destroy the planet. Most of us actual do care and are not looking for an excuse to just toss our crap out windows and into the street. But when you have a company charging 3 times as much for organic as their non-organic competitors what are you going to buy? I am not wealthy. I don't have a choice. I must be thrifty.

One is no less short sighted by placing blame on others then those they are blaming

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Histopher, your wrong. The japanese, as a society, are much more aware of their impact upon people around them, and have much more of a social consciousness on all levels. They feel very responsible for all their actions as individuals, and have a very great personal sense of their integral part of the whole. The whole concept of "honor" there has very much to do with personal responsibility. Now you can point to other countries and their new practices...but most of these practices flow from the american model of corporatism and bottom line profit being the height of virtue, something we have exported quite well....further, much of their pollution is the product of the oil and manufacturing cartels that while now are multinational corporations, were first engendered here and in brittain. And finally....While they native americans may have hunted the buffalo to near extinction, they never did pointless massacre, and used all the took. Your concern is obviously for the buffalo, but their actions had little effect on the other species, or on the land around them. The water was still clean, and the air was still pure. Even today the tribes that havent been destroyed by western corporate intervention still strive to maintain balance in the land they occupy.

new topics

top topics

join