It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon landing anniversary = damp squib

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The anniversary of mans crowning achievement was the other day. Forty years ago last Sunday man set foot on the moon.

And I can't for the life of me work out why there was hardly no mention of it. No celebrations, no documentary on primetime TV. No reminder for those too young to remember the historic event? It's as if they want it to be forgotten.

Why no flyover showing the remains of what was left from the missions?
Not even some hi def pictures of the moon lander? Surely it can be done.

I look at the moon and I'm amazed they got there forty years ago, but can't go now because the technology they used is outdated??? I don't get that at all.

In this day of age with the tech we have, I see no reason why the moon landing hoax couldn't be put to bed once and for all.

Sorry its the 16th lol

But my argument remains the same.

[edit on Monday20092009-07-06T17:01:40-05:00pm310120097 by thesneakiod]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It was before I was born, so I don't remember the date,
I have seen some mention of it in the media, but I thought the actual date was later this month.
I am surprised they haven't made more fuss of it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I know that I won't get many replies on this, mainly because its been done ad nauseam. And I certainly wouldn't want this to turn into a "yes they did, no they never went there" thread. Its more about the general ignorance of the anniversary and why NASA fail to show us what would be breathtaking and thought provoking images.

To me the moon landing is a strange conspiracy. It's not like all the other biggies; JFK, 9/11, even all the historic UFO events. To find out what really went on with them we would need a time machine, but with the ML we don't. We just need to use today's technology.

join