It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virus Outbreak on Cruise Liner Kills 1 with many more Ill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Check this out, just seen it on the news

Link

A man has died and more than 70 people have taken ill on board a cruise liner berthed in Invergordon, Easter Ross.

Bit weird that its a winter bug during the summer?!

a cover up of swine flu? they say they are still doing tests on the deceased, i suppose its possible the symptoms may be similar to swine flu

[edit on 6-7-2009 by connelly4245]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I asked my dad about it being a winter bug, he said its just the name apparently.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It is rather unsettling that the virus is so strong in England right now during the summer. My understanding is that UV rays destroy the virus, or at least lessent it's effect, so seeing this amount of flu activity in July when UV rays are at their strongest is concerning indeed.

We can only imagine what is in store for us this fall.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
"The health board said the man who died had a serious underlying medical condition and that a post-mortem has been requested."

What a suprise, constantly using that statement underlying medical condition. The media just like to create as much hype as they can they try to install that sense of fear in people.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by connelly4245

Interesting-

Cruise ships are notorious petri dishes for bugs- almost everyone I know wo's been on one has been ill afterwards with SOMETHING- a cold, flu, etc.

Norovirus is very common- and as it is spread by feces (in, on or around food, generaly), I would check the cooking staff (as I would if it were a Hep A outbreak- also food/and feces-borne virus). I've never heard of anyone dying from it, however, (though I've not read EVERY paper on norovirus in existence)- and it makes me suspicious that it is in fact H1N1, and the cruiseship company fears negative press (=loss of buisness). H1N1 can and does cause GI problems- I've read that up to 35% of patients this spring/summer who have the novel H1N1 have either nausea, diarhaea, or both, as well as respiratory symptoms.

And yes- norovirus, like flus or rhinoviruses are exploiters of crowded environments- so I guess, until samples are taken (and if the cruiseship company and/or the government are honest) we won't know the cause of the illness. The timing is sure off for norovirus, though.............

EDIT: norovirus is more common in the winter months when people are in closer quarters (like colds and seasonal flus, etc.), but that doesn't mean it can't break out in summer. I smell a rat, though. It's H1N1 and it won't be classified as such, as the gentleman who died was already "ill", and his death will be called cardiopulmonary failure, etc. Another chance to hide the truth.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by CultureD]

top topics

join