It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Griswold: Humans Have Entered a New Stage of Anti-Evolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Also of interest:

Many of you are actually Neanderthals
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stephen Hawking: "Humans Have Entered a New Stage of Evolution"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It appears that Stephen Hawking is saying things that are very similar to what Alan Griswold has been saying. The difference is that Alan Griswold know what segment of the human population is responsible for the creative spark.

Modern man, his civilizations, the transformations to this planet—all can be described more elegantly than with brain modules and memes. We need only appeal to the richness contained within the environment we have constructed all around us. As man has mutated his environment—first slowly by crafting tools, mastering fire and putting on clothes, then more quickly with agriculture and metallurgy and shelters, and finally accelerating to the cascades of alterations we experience today—in the process he has left markers of his newfound knowledge everywhere within the environment, and thereby has passed along the intelligence and the ability to recreate its effects from person to person, tribe to tribe, culture to culture, generation to generation. In some cases, these environmental markers are obvious, such as with books and the massive amount of information now stored electronically on the Internet. But there are many other education-filled, tangible markers we might underestimate until we become consciously aware of them. For instance, every building is a visual lesson plan in geometry. Our system of highways and roads is a living laboratory on topics such as networks, flow and cooperation. We humans experience a continuous flood of education simply by having our five senses open to the environment that exists around us, an environment that is increasingly man-made. We can no longer take a five-minute trip to the grocery store without being inundated by the accumulated knowledge of our past and present.

It is in this way that man insures the continued and increasing intelligence of his species—by storing his knowledge and discoveries more or less permanently into his environment, and not into his brain.

Autistic Symphony by Alan Griswold
Chapter I. On the Presence of Autism Within the Human Population
autisticsymphony.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I disagree. I do not think we are stopping evolution. However, it is obvious that we are changing evolutions natural path. We no longer need to adapt to fit into a place. You can go anywhere in the world and survive with no problem. If you are cold, go into a building. If it is too hot, go outside and jump in a pool. That is, a pool that is filled with chemicals that have been pumped in so that natural selection can't take it's toll on the bacteria.

We have changed natural selection into artificial selection.

I say it all the time, isn't it funny that what made humans conquer the planet is the same thing that is going to put humans to an end?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
if this theory were true, than why do we have so much trouble understanding supposed "man made" monoliths from thousands of years ago

examples : pyramids , obelisks, giant statues, easter island heads , etc

these things baffle us to this very day

if the knowledge is encoded in the creations, why do we fail to recreate them?

either we are devolving, or they were not made by humans

and i am pretty sure humans made at least "most" of them, so it looks to me like we are devolving *mentally at least*

[edit on 6-7-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
I disagree. I do not think we are stopping evolution. However, it is obvious that we are changing evolutions natural path...

...We have changed natural selection into artificial selection.

I say it all the time, isn't it funny that what made humans conquer the planet is the same thing that is going to put humans to an end?

Perhaps "anti-evolution" isn't the best term. However, until genetic engineering is perfected, the human organism is the given and the environment is what is changing, so in a way it fits. Even most non-autistics practice intelligent design these days.

My guess is that before genetic engineering can be perfected and human genes intentionally modified, "we" will use testing and abortion to wipe out autistics. In other words, breakthroughs will stop, genetic engineering will not be perfected, and we won't be able to make the necessary transitions due to peak oil.

It isn't what made humans conquer the planet that will put humans to an end, it is the non-autistics that will put themselves to an end due to Karma/poetic justice.

I think I've just solved the Fermi paradox. This sort of thing probably happened everywhere "intelligent" life evolved.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
if this theory were true, than why do we have so much trouble understanding supposed "man made" monoliths from thousands of years ago

examples : pyramids , obelisks, giant statues, easter island heads , etc

these things baffle us to this very day

if the knowledge is encoded in the creations, why do we fail to recreate them?

either we are devolving, or they were not made by humans

and i am pretty sure humans made at least "most" of them, so it looks to me like we are devolving *mentally at least*

[edit on 6-7-2009 by muzzleflash]

If you watch "teevee" (the "tele") you've probably seen it done, albeit on a rather limited scale.

Furthermore only some of the info from the environment "rubs off" on non-autitics.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
I disagree. I do not think we are stopping evolution. However, it is obvious that we are changing evolutions natural path. We no longer need to adapt to fit into a place. You can go anywhere in the world and survive with no problem. If you are cold, go into a building. If it is too hot, go outside and jump in a pool. That is, a pool that is filled with chemicals that have been pumped in so that natural selection can't take it's toll on the bacteria.

We have changed natural selection into artificial selection.

you are merely describing the first world. Go tell Swahilians to go jump in a chemically balanced pool to cool off, or for that matter, a homeless person in New York. Not to say your post is indicitave of your complete mindset, but it sounds like you take for granted the privileges bestowed upon you.

Those of us who aren't pressed to survive day in day out, you are correct, are being led down a strange path that evolution to survive in an environment wouldn't have led us on.

Or is it?

top topics

join