It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Representative Peter King of New York speaks out about Michael Jackson! Good for him!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Excuse me a moment while I go throw up somewhere...........

The more I read some comments, by some posters here, the more I understand why I dislike most people in this country today!! I become more, and more, disgusted daily - not just by politicians, who ignore our Constitution - but by the very people the Constitution was written for....the people of the USA.

Yes, he was aquitted, but so was OJ

Indeed!! There is a very big difference between the 2!! There was simply not enough EVIDENCE to convict MJ. Whereas, there was tons of evidence to convict OJ - they just did not!! To compare the two is not rational. Just an easy out........

holding a label upon someone who remains Not Guilty is utterly wrong, and runs contrary to everything which our Justice System stands for.

Thus the reason for my rant about the fricking people in this country. On the one hand, you shout for the freedoms the Constitution gives. On the other hand, you want to condemn someone (found innocent because of LACK OF EVIDENCE) because your opinion is MJ is a pedophile!!! What does that say about your opinion about the Constitution??

perhaps the politician ought to stick to doing his job. what he has there is a personal opinion and using the exposure and platform that comes with his office to express a personal opinion is an abuse of power

Exactly......what this man is doing is looking for votes. Anyone, nowdays, who does not understand the way media overcovers some things, and puts others things in the back ground, has not been paying attention. This has been going on forever!!

Just to note: MJ is to music is what Elvis was to his generation. Quite frankly, from the moment we heard he had been rushed to the damn hospital, and possible in a coma, they have been broadcasting everything about him!! The good - and the bad. Did no one notice?? No one has been trying to make MJ out as a saint. Just like they could not with Elvis.....or Diana.....or JFK.

Any person, who has made a major contribution to this planet, has had great points, and bad points, about their behavior while alive. That's because they ALL have 1 very important thing in common. THEY WERE ALL HUMAN!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

I would counter with the 'cult of celebrity'. It sickens me that someone who obviously was a deeply troubled individual, and very well may have been guilty of crimes against children, is given martyr or sainthood status just because they could sing and dance and write songs. Yes, he gave millions of dollars to charity, but does this forgive him for other transgressions? Does this make him so important that you cannot find any news source that is not totally centered on his death, his memorial, etc.? The largest death toll of American Service Members in one day in the Afghan war occurs on the same day as his death, and it got very little coverage.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by Champagne

I would counter with the 'cult of celebrity'. It sickens me that someone who obviously was a deeply troubled individual, and very well may have been guilty of crimes against children, is given martyr or sainthood status just because they could sing and dance and write songs. Yes, he gave millions of dollars to charity, but does this forgive him for other transgressions? Does this make him so important that you cannot find any news source that is not totally centered on his death, his memorial, etc.? The largest death toll of American Service Members in one day in the Afghan war occurs on the same day as his death, and it got very little coverage.

Yes.....and such is life!! Been going on for a long, long time and will not change any time soon. Welcome to reality and the way people in this world are.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What Rep. King had to say sounded like qualifications to run for Congress or become a man of the cloth, from what I've seen of recent past.

What Mr. King does not convey is the fact that, while many American jobs have been outsourced or insourced, America has been a world leader in entertainment, which has touched so many people in so many countries. Decades ago Elvis reached into corners of the world no political leader would go, and so it was with MJ. America continues to export entertainment and intellectual property.

I would rather have people around the world pay tribute to MJ than to Osama bin Ladin. I would rather people love the US for the entertainment of MJ, than to hate us by the words of OBL.

Perhaps Rep King would do better to spend his personal energy to advocate for America to become a world leader again in another area for export. Perhaps America can again export something the world needs besides entertainment. How about new energy ideas that would serve all the people, benefiting those who listen to MJ around the world?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I dont know about some of you, but i get very disgusted when i hear a disgusting, freaking politician, with more skeletons in his closet than we can name, spew outrageous lies and name calling, it just totally undoes me.

I keep saying, and i'll say it again. WE Americans deserve all we are getting at the moment. We agree with this degenerate, while someone who made music and brought the world together with his performances has been judged by us.

Then you all bitch about the constitution. Go figure.

Take a page from Michael Jackson, and care for humanity, and let our courtrooms and the man at the pearly gates BE THE JUDGE.

I can see his soul, and he was a good man. Lucky me!

Also, some of the bible thumpers are posting he was a pedophile. That's just what Jesus would do. Judge, pre judge and chastise, isnt it???

No wonder we're all going burn in hell.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

And what has been your massive contribution to the world exactly? Michael Jackson was certainly troubled, but with that much hounding and exposure I doubt that you would have fared much better. If, unlike most posting here, you have a heightened sensitivity, then that life combined with those unfounded allegations would make anyone go off the rails.
What’s normal to you…a hardened heart, no empathy, no sensitivity? Who would you admire…some farting, aggressive, coarse mouthed, unfeeling, beer swilling fool?
He was just too sensitive for this ugly world and had the means to insulate himself from it.
Does his giving money to charity forgive him for what transgressions? He was never found guilty of anything. Apart from one child’s scumbag father wishing to get rich, no other child has accused him of any misconduct. Maybe that’s because he didn’t do anything…duh?
Actually it’s much more of a disgrace that most obviously believed the media allegations in the first place, whilst condemning everything else the media comes up with as lies, and made that sensitive soul’s life a misery from which he could never then escape.
Rest in peace Michael, these fools can’t hurt you now.

Any politician making comments like that should be instantly locked away before they cause any more damage as they, like most, are totally unfit to hold office.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by oneclickaway

Thank you for articulating my feelings better than i could have.

And thank you for being a sensitive human being

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It was two children, two separate cases, both settled out of court and gag orders attached to them, forbidding those children from ever speaking of it again. Since the only reason to settle those cases is because you are losing, this to me does not signify an innocent man. And in the criminal case, the victim was put on trial, as usual, by his high priced lawyers. Add this to his very visible unhealthy attraction to children (instead of candy, he had a frakkin' amusement park to entice the kiddies with), and it's enough info for me to believe that he was a sick and twisted individual! Sorry, but I'm not drinking the Kool-aid with this 'cult of celebrity'!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

It was two children, two separate cases, both settled out of court and gag orders attached to them, forbidding those children from ever speaking of it again. Since the only reason to settle those cases is because you are losing, this to me does not signify an innocent man. And in the criminal case, the victim was put on trial, as usual, by his high priced lawyers. Add this to his very visible unhealthy attraction to children (instead of candy, he had a frakkin' amusement park to entice the kiddies with), and it's enough info for me to believe that he was a sick and twisted individual! Sorry, but I'm not drinking the Kool-aid with this 'cult of celebrity'!

And if your child were molested what amount of money or legalities will make you pretend it didnt happen?

As for the politician, its attention grabbing and desparite. Hanging onto, even in death, the coat tails of man with more influence then he could ever have. As for the allegations there are none so pure as the purified.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Majestic23]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think he actually made a fool of himself. It is in very poor taste to make a public comment like that right after someone has passed away.He was found not guilty.None of us know what happened or did not happen .Believing everything you see or read in a magazine or watch on Tabloid T.V. is really ,really,sad

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

No, thank you!
It was your post that made me post something. Nice to meet you!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I am gald that he is speaking out against this Crap. This is exactly what the government wants. To distract everyday idiots with this MJ crap while they work behind the scenes to take away more liberties. Did you know they had a moment of silence in the house for this pedophile? Vote hime out? You are just as ignorant as everyday americans who do not pay attention to anything but their cell phones. All news channels have been talking about is this hybrid pedophile and how greatly he will be missed by all you pedophile lovers.
It was news worthy for a time, like a day or two, but that is it. It has been dragging on now for how long? Time to get over it. Lets focus on the important things like the economy, the cap and tax crap, and the newest from of a tax increase and government control called socialized medicine.

Wake up.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by bakednutz]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic23
And if your child were molested what amount of money or legalities will make you pretend it didnt happen?

There isn't enough money in the world! It wouldn't even make it to court! I would be the one needing a lawyer! But that's just me. Some people actually trust the Justice system.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Oh sorry, you obviously were in the courtroom and have complete knowledge of everything that went on, before and during the case…or did you get your info from the mainstream media perchance. Case closed.
The first charge settled out of court was so obviously a total scam by a twisted father who will undoubtedly be very sorry one day.
Let me enlighten you as to the attraction he had to children. Although his actions were extremely unwise in a world so pathetically out of touch with reality that it even sees a hug between relatives as sick and criminal, I believe that what he saw in children was not just a wish to construct his missing childhood, but also that he saw children as totally innocent and unsullied. That innocence is something that is rarely found in adults. He was an artist, a highly skilled and accomplished artist. Real artists often have a hard time fitting into the harshness and savagery of the world as they are often more in touch with their spirituality and whatever is beyond this world. Children are still half in the beyond, until adults destroy their bubble and force them into this reality. I think that too was the attraction in being around kids. The ‘sickness’ and ‘perversion’ is often in the mind of the beholder than actually real or true.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

There isn't enough money in the world! It wouldn't even make it to court! I would be the one needing a lawyer! But that's just me. Some people actually trust the Justice system.

No you arent getting me. Its not about the courts. If you had a child, and he or she was molested. Would you settle out of court for money?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Majestic23]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

So, I guess you were his psychoanalyst. You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. And just for the record, the MSM sugar coated the hell out of the criminal trial!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic23

I wouldn't, but that's just me. I did get your point. Factor in the high priced lawyers and such, plus losing the criminal case in the case of the second child, they just probably followed the advice of their lawyers. On the other side of the coin, if you were accused of child molestation, would you settle out of court if you were innocent? I sure as hell wouldn't! Especially if I were that much in the public eye!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Michael was totally unjaded.

It gives me the creeps to be posting and trying to reason with such evil as there is on these boards.

But what happened to respect and dignity. I dont know.

I guess its gone, just like everything else.

So much for the compassionate ATS i once loved.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Majestic23

I wouldn't, but that's just me. I did get your point. Factor in the high priced lawyers and such, plus losing the criminal case in the case of the second child, they just probably followed the advice of their lawyers. On the other side of the coin, if you were accused of child molestation, would you settle out of court if you were innocent? I sure as hell wouldn't! Especially if I were that much in the public eye!

Or maybe he couldant take such allegations anymore and paid for them to go away, maybe he couldant trust the courts either. We dont know if he was a peado or not, all I know for certain is that if my child was molested I would want for the worst to happen to the culprit. Money wouldant even come into it and the courts wouldant stop me.

Is your sig meant to be ironic or something?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Is your sig meant to be ironic or something?

Not at all. Read the OP in that thread. I may not care for the man, but I did find some of his music inspiring, even after his death. And the 'Thriller' video is still da bomb!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join