It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

END22!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
END22.com

On January 6, 2009, Congressman Jose Serrano introduced legislation in the House of Representatives to Repeal the Twenty-Second Amendment.

This should be ALL OVER MSM! This movement could repeal an act that keeps tyrants in check! Our last bastion against repression by a lone despot! Yet, I find nothing about in the MSM! Why? Heck, I couldn't even find it here!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Introduced Jan 6, 2009
Referred to Committee View Committee Assignments
Reported by Committee ...
Voted on in House ...
Voted on in Senate ...

This resolution is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills and resolutions first go to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills and resolutions never make it out of committee. If this joint resolution proposes an amendment to the Constitution, three-fourths of the states must ratify the proposal. A joint resolution, if not amending the constitution, may also be signed into law by the president. [Last Updated: Apr 18, 2009 3:19PM]

www.govtrack.us...

This is where it is presently........this is going to be one of those type of bills that will not be able to stand alone but will be added to another as an admendment...........There will be an attempt soon to push this through.........

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I would like to apologize, there is a thread regarding Serrano's move to introduce this bill. However, I have been unable to find anything about end22.com.

This has to be stopped or we will feel the true yoke of tyranny!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Calm down, it would take a constitutional convention to repeal the 22nd amendment. They can't just introduce a law to amend the constitution.

It has to go through a whole huge process. And from what I understand this guy has introduced this legislation at the beginning of every new term.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

It's a grass roots movement and we've never seen anything like that take hold now have we?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
< insert uncontrollable laughter here >

Okay now that I have caught my breath I can type again. This guy ain't even through his first term, most certainly hasn't been re-elected (and probably wont be either) and this moron wants to give him a 3rd term??? By the time election season rolls around for the big chair I suspect Obama won't have a shred of support except for the truly naive among the Democrats as hes already done a bang-up job of screwing this country up. If the story about the sponsor always introducing this bill is accurate then he needs to take a seat with ole Charles Rangel who's been trying to get the Universal National Service Act passed for a good long while now with no real results.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
For the convenience of the reader who may not know the text of the 22nd ammendment -

Twenty-second Amendment to the United States Constitution

Section 1. No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

Source : Wikipedia

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Is it not three fourths of the state legislatures who have to ratify constitutional amendments?

new topics

top topics

join