It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A response to the current Goldman Sachs corruption.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I read the thread “A Case Of Quant Trading Sabotage About To Destroy Goldman Sachs?” www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=479098, and I decided to post my own thread here in response.
It's funny (in the not so ha-ha way), that what is happening with GS is just further proof that the world economy doesn't really require money. Rather people who are willing to steal from their own flesh and blood manipulate the markets which never quite fail as long as there is a positive number influx to their coffers.

Literally, if the federal reserves continue to print money, and people continue to work at fast food franchises et al, this system could limp on for hundreds of years. What runs this system is the belief in the system. The only reason GS still has customers, is because there are people who are willing to believe that fortunes can still be made without working for those fortunes.

Our great-great grandfathers in a situation like this would still have mattresses filled with silver dollars and a great contempt for the way industry and exchange have been manipulated to fill the stomachs and pockets of the grand-children of the visionaries who actually knew their industries inside and out.

Now, CEOs and CFOs (chief financial officers) are mirror images of pre-revolution France, who live the life of luxury yet possess little real working skills to contribute to the health of the company or economy. They remove the dissenters, and GS (as the primary example) bilks millions of their customers and shareholders, when there hasn't been real money in years.

That is how the executives maintain their lifestyles, this program simply allows GS to steal and anyone who has this code and the basic resources (namely middle class individuals who will give you their money) can replicate the effect. Now, however the problem is the faith based monetary system we now possess is losing the faith of the peasantry (US!). You cannot maintain a feudal system without peasants to grow the crops and build the social infrastructure, and without people continuing to buy into a debt based society, the truth of what already is (there is no money) becomes threatening and will only further the progress of the break down of Western society.

All of this is connected and GS can spend 10 trillion in six weeks just like the government does and it means nothing. Yet, if one too many Wall St. executives feel the fear, all hell breaks loose as they scramble to collect the illusion of wealth that never truly existed. The system isn't broken, it does exactly what it is supposed to do, bleed us dry in terms of labor and services rendered as a slave force, and the taskmasters don't have to do a thing and reap the rewards. Pretty simple.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Right, it all means nothing.

GS didnt die today. Not even close. Their stock dropped early on but it went right back up after noon.

for instance, this morning when the market opened, i decided to do a little expierment

GS stock was at 143.54 when i shorted 25 shares

the market closes in 10minutes, and so far on the GS short , since the stock went back up this afternoon, i have lost .93% on my short (32.25$)

now thankfully, this is with fake $, and i did not actually invest real $

but it was a neat experiment, because it shows that the market is either ignoring GS or simply does not know about it yet

Or, that the stories we are being told are complete BS and GS is doing great with their fake financial products lol

I will go ahead and leave this short up for the week, to see how things change

i mean my god GS stock is at 144.87 now, how on earth can they sustain that?

my gut instinct tells me someone is going to sell simply because the time is ripe to make profits

144 $ a share, that is simply outrageous for a company that pushes silly paper as a product

today has been a bad day tho, did u see those massive sell offs this morning before noon - wow someone was seriously selling

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I didn't see those selloffs, but I think that this is also a part of the larger picture. What if the responsible parties already understand the failings of this system, and are shoring up by selling off their inviso-stocks then reappropriating them to actual resources, like land and minerals.

Since I typically avoid the stock markets in general, have you seen a spike in purchases of land and other potentially valuable resources that are not wholly dependent on the market? Aerospace tech would also seem to be a good investment to these people, for if there is change coming then the rats will be the first to leave the ship.

This also bleeds into a whole host of seemingly unrelated conspiracy issues like underground bases (hoarding of resources), or who knows what else. Yet, I bet the trends of buying and selling on the market are very telling and might just hold some deeper answers as to the nature of these resources (anything being bought over being sold, then comparing to the market say 20 years ago).

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
well this one organization will not escape the eyes of the Grand Jury and can assure you... it appears gs has been calling the shots in WDC for quite some time now... sort of makes you wonder if this isnt the GSSA instead of USA...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Well I would agree with you and just simply change the term to the ISA. The Illuminated States of America.

Yet, your mentioning of the Grand Jury is interesting. Some legal checks and balances do seem to be functioning, even in the financial sectors, but how well are they functioning? Could they be a ruse, or is it like a cached antivirus program that runs, but fails to notice the burned out hard drive? It will work, sort of, and anyone who just looks at the running program will believe that what it is catching (the thieves who 'stole' the GS program) is the source rather than the symptom (GS using the program in the first place is the source).

It is a big mess.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
when 300 million speak - washington - well - had better listen ... these Yahoo's are being kicked out of their doublewides, and if moma aint happy - no,one is gonna be happy... I expect a rash of homeowners - whacking thier bankers ... when we start getting news like that -- then we are almost coming out of the funk ... (social news cycles)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

You know, I really wish that were the case. People actually deciding that the long earned and deserved reputations of politicians being corrupt and isolated was grounds to stop following the system.

It's habit. 300 million people should do the trick to bring lasting, positive change, but just like with 1984, all you have to do is to encourage the population to participate in their own slavery, and typically they will do the job for you. Just like the overarching concept of the Matrix, the people dependant on the system will contribute to and will defend the system, no matter how enslaved they are. That is a part of the enslavement.

Goldman Sachs is the example. Where are they getting the money in the first place? ETs aren't giving it to them, mostly it is the middle class, possibly upper middle class who are contributing to their own bankruptcies. Where did all my invested money go? There is no money and for trusting us, you can be poor too (if you weren't so stupid we wouldn't be able to steal from you "or so it seems to go").

I just don't believe that at this time, there are enough people who are disconnected/disenfranchised from society enough to take a stand where it counts. Those 300 million souls are still willing to take what is given as long as there are lawns to mow and golf courses to play.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
How can so much money be put into 'toxic assets' to cause such a
failure in the financial system.
There is more to it than houses.
Obviously cars became too costly.
So homes and car sales stiffed the market.
There must be something else.

Anyway thanks for the financial topic but I'm not that knowledgeable.

I do know now that ENRON had no assets after some one told me and
my $80 stock went to $8.

And "Asset Backed Securities" had no assets.
Yup, in name only.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Toxic? Indeed.
The real problem is that the people in charge of making sure that the books balance (in whatever industry you choose), are no longer concerned about the health of their companies and are continuing to spend money on worthless commercials that don't sell products (look at the new GE commercials), increase their salaries when they are losing money, or continue to attempt to demand what their customers want, rather than actually sell products that are valuable to their consumers (that requires companies to value their customers, rather than think they are mindless dependants).

Then when these companies are 'defrauded' like Goldman Sachs or the music industry, they unfurl their legal cannons and attempt to blow everyone and anyone they can out of the water (after wasting even more millions such as is the case with illegal downloaders) for a mere pittance of what they are losing on a daily basis due to sheer incompetence.

This stems from a lack of connection with the real world. Corporate CEOs hide in their board rooms dreading the annual shareholder meetings, politicians simply do 'their thing' without understanding the consequences of their votes (or lack thereof), and this list continues endlessly.

This is far less about housing prices, or quality automobiles than it is about accountability, efficiency, and honesty. What is good for the customer and voter is good for business. You don't have to be experienced to see that this system is failing in a real way, but all we need is to put people who are more concerned about doing their jobs than making money in these powerful positions, and the economy would naturally right itself.

Unfortunately that ain't gonna happen.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is an important issue and I'd like to kick it around a little.

In many cases the SEC didn't even do their job.
The Madoff whistle blower was stifled many times.
If one man could do it then each person in the SEC
should have.
How many times your boss says to look at this.
Then you give your assessment.
100% should have been the SEC score.

He said the SEC was full of lawyers that pick up the pieces and
profits after the collapses.

So what is needed is a new SEC and a watch dog agency to
to prevent the ball of wax from rolling again.

new topics

top topics

join