It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to give jobs to illegal aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Even the newspapers are in Spanish! Unreal.

I can understand you're upset about illegal immigration, but what's with the gripe about Spanish language newspapers?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

CVS pharmacy is huge! This is one reason Obama is allowing this to happen. The same for other large companies.

It's hard to imagine what you describe. It makes me mad to think about it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Ive spent my entire life paying taxes and getting screwed on them, doing what the FED wantes me to do...illegals get under the table money, tax free, insult us, and now thier getting freedom? I must be doing someting wrong

I feel ya, ziggy. For years I worked for $7/hr, driving 50 miles to and from work in my little Chevette and watched all the welfare moms in their Honda Accords, getting things for free that I always had to pay for. I asked myself all the time what was wrong with me!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Just aas a fun thought..while INS is sitlla round maybe as many of us shuold call INS and reoprt as many illegals as we can
in response to obamas plan
Hell were jsut doing our national duty!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Well nothing really against the newspapers. I do have a hard time trying to interperate them. Ive actually learned a little Spanish trying.

I once tried to count how many non hispanics there were in a town and only saw a handful. Most are legal and lots more are not.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I'm curious as to how you'll ascertain who's an illegal immigrant and who's a citizen. Surely you won't judge strictly by the color of someone's skin, or if they happen to seek work as a day laborer...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The only way to deal with this situation is to give illegals full citizenship.

Think of it this way, if suddenly all of the illegals were legal, then they would have to be paid a full wage. Then, they would be on equal hiring grounds as every other US citizen.

Consider yourself as a contractor now. You have the option of hiring a guy who knows how to speak fluent English, is probably more experienced and very likely has a better education, or you can hire an immigrant for exactly the same wage. Who would you choose?

I know, it seems ugly but it is honestly the only fair way to handle it. Illegals would suddenly be tax-paying citizens. They would have to seek education to succeed in the job market, as they could no longer rely on working for below minimum wage.

I have a feeling that if this were implemented, many would move back to their country of origin. Those who stayed would become valuable members of society, as opposed to leeches on the system.

Great post.....agreed....

Why has nobody else brought this up yet?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
Just aas a fun thought..while INS is sitlla round maybe as many of us shuold call INS and reoprt as many illegals as we can
in response to obamas plan
Hell were jsut doing our national duty!

Part of the problem, as explained to me years ago by the local sheriff, is that it costs $$$ to round them up and ship them back home, only to find them right back in a couple of weeks or a month later. With states and local government budgets really stretched at the moment I don't see them doing much of anything even if we did report them. *sigh*

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
Before we go off blaming and cursing all the Mexicans, I am sure most of us would do exactly the same thing they are if put in a similar situation. Who we really should be pointing the finger at is our own government who has been allowing non-citizens to take American jobs and tax-payer's money.

Edit: typos

[edit on 6-7-2009 by leira7]

It's not the Mexican's fault............It's the fault of the people who allow it to happen..They are just trying to better their and their families lives, wouldn't you do the same?

It's the fault of the people who allow it to happen in the first place....

If it is not allowed, the Mexican's ( who are smart people ) will realize that they can't make enough here and move back.........And some will stay and get an education and contribute fully to our country , which is honorable.....

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thats another thing..welfare..MY money, YUOR money is paying so whomever it be, can sit on thier butt for decades, pumping out akid every 9 months jsut so they can get free money WE payed for. Some really need to learn what getting a job is. A freind fo mine, 10 year ago, lived dwontown here.His father, was a handyman, but also the apartmetn caretaker for low income area. The people thier, myabe like 60 or so lived on this block, we ALL on welfare. HE was telling me how hed go into a room, to repaint, and theyde have huge subwoofer ssytems and steroes, 64 inch tvs, its impossible to pay for that on welfare! It was their kids... thier kids teens msotly were selling drugs, and the state and cops know this too.
He and his son(my friend) got angry over this, caue they were busitng thier butt, trying to find work, pay their taxess, do the honest thing, and NO ONE CARES....its like they were completely taken advantage of for bieng nice, while in the meantime, the welfare recipients, were crooked and getting special treatment. That made me rethink the entire system we have. Look at all the money problems in congress alone! The BIG bankers liek madoff...well madoff got prison time, and some other dude did, who lives near me..but what about the rest? ALL the system here as made me realize, is its better to be a crook and steel, than to do what they want..because in the end, yuo will end up broke, used, abused sscraped off a shoe on the nearest corner, and left to die. If yuo yuo work against the system, yuoll be goingt o hawaii 3 time a year, know important people, and never have to worry again. JUST my observation..
So, again, what obama or the FED have in mind, i cant really grasp. Illegals and welfare recipiants get sepcial treamten and promotions for being crooked. ME, YOu, trying to make ends meet, fighing o live and take care fo what wwe have, are being pushed aside. Makes one wonder maybe what htose FEMA camps are for..get rid of US, so they can usher in the cheap labor.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

Oh yea that is an awesome line of though, It isn't the fault of the people breaking the law, it all falls squarely on the people that fail to enforce it.

It's both of their faults, more so the people coming over here illegally, they know its illegal but the do it anyway.

Granting them amnesty is only going to cause more of them to come over the boarder and hope they can hang out for a few years until we grant them amnesty again.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
OK, Luciddreamer does havea valid point..they are here to make better for thier lives and survive, That i agree wtih...What i dislike, is being degraded and loked won on, cause im not latino, ONmy land no less. Yuo come here, yuo show repsect. Ive raveled, in the apt to poland, and peru..and i total repsected everyone and never litered, out of resepct..thats us the type of guy i am. Im their as a visotr, and would like to make friends and respect their contry..not gang up with other caucasisns like me, and work against them! that would be messed up. I do know, latinos, are tight with eachother, they often think of eachother as bloodbrothers, i guess is the right word to use. Its a latino thing, which in one sense, yuo have to admire..
I duno, maybe i shuold do a madoff ponzi scheme too, Brnenke and paulson do it, why cant i? IT must be legal if they can get away with it especially coming from men who know about buisness nad law, and make them around all of us

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The whole purpose of controlling immigration, is to control popualtion numbers! the way it sounds like, obama will make it legal or every altino, eskimo, russian, africcan, austrailain, yuo name it, to jsut come over and live. NO OTHER country would let anyone do that!!! Just america. I can see it know, in the next 20 to 50 years, the only thing holding the united states to the ocena flor and map, is the weight of its people now

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The experts seem to say there are about 13 MILLION illegal immigrants working in the US but the number may be closer to 20 million.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticSky

Originally posted by wonderworld

Now they have the jobs that US citizens could be having. They are taking a free ride at our expense because they don't pay taxes, we're educating their kids and they take the money they make to send to family left back in Mexico. This does not help our economy!

There are lots of high school graduates that cant compete with low paid immigrants, therefore leaving them without a job. Is this the way to fix America?

If nothing else it should be a tax issue. US citizens having these same jobs would put more money back in to our economy and contribute by paying taxes. It should be illegal to pay anyone below minimum wages.

community.fox4kc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

How exactly do you mean that they don't pay taxes - that they are getting paid 'under the table'? Because, actually those that work at 'regular' jobs, do in fact pay taxes, but can't get their refunds or unemployment benefits because at that point they do get caught...not exactly fair either.

I'm more concerned about the Eastern Europeans that come in and get the better banking and other white collar jobs at our expense.

The ones who are able to work regular jobs with regular paychecks are those who have stolen someone else's identities and using someone else's social security numbers. People in this country have this happen to them and have the IRS coming after them and all kinds of other financial and legal trouble.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The only way to deal with this situation is to give illegals full citizenship.

Think of it this way, if suddenly all of the illegals were legal, then they would have to be paid a full wage. Then, they would be on equal hiring grounds as every other US citizen.

Consider yourself as a contractor now. You have the option of hiring a guy who knows how to speak fluent English, is probably more experienced and very likely has a better education, or you can hire an immigrant for exactly the same wage. Who would you choose?

I know, it seems ugly but it is honestly the only fair way to handle it. Illegals would suddenly be tax-paying citizens. They would have to seek education to succeed in the job market, as they could no longer rely on working for below minimum wage.

I have a feeling that if this were implemented, many would move back to their country of origin. Those who stayed would become valuable members of society, as opposed to leeches on the system.

That has been done before. The result? Even more illegal alien invaders coming in and stealing jobs and demanding amnesty as well.

Why reward the invaders? They do not belong here. There are thousands of people paying and doing things the legal way. The invaders just want to take over and force their culture on everyone else.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Youre right I hadnt thought about that for a long time. I know 2 people that have weird things on their credit reports and have gotten letters from people they dont know.

They should heavily punish those who steal social security numbers and ID's.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well, this is just wrong wrong wrong.

I am sick of everyone being so politically correct and catering to the needs of illegals (disclaimer: I am not racist and I am not picking on Hispanics, but all who come into this country illegally).

Where I live there are so many migrant workers and so many people out of work, but the illegals are working. My other half has been out of work for 9 months. I am working 2 jobs to make up for what unemployment and his lost salary is not covering. I have worked 29 years and paid my taxes. I can not get any help with insurance or medicaid for my daughter. I have other friends out of work that don't qualify for any assistance because their unemployment pay is just above the level to qualify. It sickens me to see the people, Hispanic and Ukranian that come into the store where I work using WIC, food stamps, etc., that can not even speak English. There are more of these people using the state benefits than local people. All because they are having children in our country. I mean most even have more than 3 or 4 kids and are obviously working on another. I am sick of having to read English signage posted below Spanish signage in public places. We have had factories here busted for hiring illegals and to fill those jobs they are overwhelmed with applications from American citizens. With all the road construction here you can drive by any of the places and the workers I'd say are at least 75-80 percent hispanic and I can name at least 8 people that would love to have that job. Then they are all in the store on Friday evenings lining up to wire their money back out of the country.

My grandparents were immigrants, they came here legally and went through the process, they learned the language (English), took the test, became citizens, they worked hard and made a life for their children. I have no problem with anyone who comes to this country through the proper channels, until then, they should not be hired and the companies profiting from them should be fined to the point that they will think twice.

Another strike for Obama in mho. Sorry for the rant, but I see too much of it in the area where I live.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

I hope I dont get yelled at but I agree with you 100%. It's simply not fair. Those who work have no insurance and those who dont have almost 100% health care.

High school graduates cant get a job at any fast food joint or hotel. They are all taken by illegal workers, rather most are illgal. I'm mad too!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticSky

Originally posted by wonderworld

Now they have the jobs that US citizens could be having. They are taking a free ride at our expense because they don't pay taxes, we're educating their kids and they take the money they make to send to family left back in Mexico. This does not help our economy!

There are lots of high school graduates that cant compete with low paid immigrants, therefore leaving them without a job. Is this the way to fix America?

If nothing else it should be a tax issue. US citizens having these same jobs would put more money back in to our economy and contribute by paying taxes. It should be illegal to pay anyone below minimum wages.

community.fox4kc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

How exactly do you mean that they don't pay taxes - that they are getting paid 'under the table'? Because, actually those that work at 'regular' jobs, do in fact pay taxes, but can't get their refunds or unemployment benefits because at that point they do get caught...not exactly fair either.

I'm more concerned about the Eastern Europeans that come in and get the better banking and other white collar jobs at our expense.

ummm no, even illegals who work in restaurants are paid illegally and do not pay taxes. at least in the good old mini usa, california.
it sucks because i actually live here and get to experience it longer than all of you, but, welcome to my nightmare. lol (though it really isn't funny, is it?)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join