It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to give jobs to illegal aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Obama to give jobs to illegal aliens

community.fox4kc.com

Mr. Obama is effectively de-criminalizing the hiring of illegal aliens.

Who will not be willing to risk the piddling fines, when you can save much more money by hiring illegal aliens? The Obama administration has yet again postponed implementation of the rule that most federal contractors use the E-Verify system to screen out illegal aliens. I guess they're going to wait until most of the porkulus money is disbursed before they make a show of implementing this commonsense rule.
The Eighth Circuit upholds a municipal ordinance requiring businesses to use E-Verify to maintain their b
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I’m all for LEGAL Mexicans working in the US. It has always been thought that whatever work that Americans didn’t want Hispanics were the next option. In some cases that would seem true, with hispanics taking lower paying jobs.

Now they have the jobs that US citizens could be having. They are taking a free ride at our expense because they don't pay taxes, we're educating their kids and they take the money they make to send to family left back in Mexico. This does not help our economy!

There are lots of high school graduates that cant compete with low paid immigrants, therefore leaving them without a job. Is this the way to fix America?

If nothing else it should be a tax issue. US citizens having these same jobs would put more money back in to our economy and contribute by paying taxes. It should be illegal to pay anyone below minimum wages.

community.fox4kc.com

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It would be kind of difficult to fully destroy the U.S. if you actually provided jobs to U.S. citizens.

By providing jobs to illegals, he has managed to keep money and security out of the hands of actual American citizens.

Haven't you noticed that his stimulous bill was supposed to provide or save more than 500K jobs...yet nobody seems to know where they are or who has them. Saving jobs is easy...all he has to do is use his usual speech: "by not doing such and such, this would be so much worse..."

His 2009 agenda seems to be complete government takeover of the entire United States. Followed by...well we all know what comes next.

It's much easier to do that if you have as many citizens as possible unemployed, completely broke, and desparate for whatever he's willing to give them.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This is not going to help slow the rise in unemployment, its going to make it worse.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

Now they have the jobs that US citizens could be having. They are taking a free ride at our expense because they don't pay taxes, we're educating their kids and they take the money they make to send to family left back in Mexico. This does not help our economy!

There are lots of high school graduates that cant compete with low paid immigrants, therefore leaving them without a job. Is this the way to fix America?

If nothing else it should be a tax issue. US citizens having these same jobs would put more money back in to our economy and contribute by paying taxes. It should be illegal to pay anyone below minimum wages.

community.fox4kc.com

How exactly do you mean that they don't pay taxes - that they are getting paid 'under the table'? Because, actually those that work at 'regular' jobs, do in fact pay taxes, but can't get their refunds or unemployment benefits because at that point they do get caught...not exactly fair either.

I'm more concerned about the Eastern Europeans that come in and get the better banking and other white collar jobs at our expense.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The only way to deal with this situation is to give illegals full citizenship.

Think of it this way, if suddenly all of the illegals were legal, then they would have to be paid a full wage. Then, they would be on equal hiring grounds as every other US citizen.

Consider yourself as a contractor now. You have the option of hiring a guy who knows how to speak fluent English, is probably more experienced and very likely has a better education, or you can hire an immigrant for exactly the same wage. Who would you choose?

I know, it seems ugly but it is honestly the only fair way to handle it. Illegals would suddenly be tax-paying citizens. They would have to seek education to succeed in the job market, as they could no longer rely on working for below minimum wage.

I have a feeling that if this were implemented, many would move back to their country of origin. Those who stayed would become valuable members of society, as opposed to leeches on the system.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Yes the more people broke and dependant on the government the more control they have.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Yea Reagan did that back in the 80's when he first got into office. All it did was cause more illegals to come flood over the boarder.

Amnesty was tried and it didn't work. It created the much bigger problem we are now dealing with.

We have to be tough on the issue, because if we just keep giving them citizenship status for breaking the law they are just going to keep coming over.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

The illegal’s will be highly employed they don’t track them for unemployment numbers. They also don’t pay in to the social security fund. That is almost wiped out. It seems mischievous.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticSky

You would think our leaders could sit down and come up with a plan. It's easier to let it slide and pretend the problem isnt there.

If they work under the table taxes are null and void.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Its big business and corporate corruption. It is driven by greed. They won’t make them legal for tax purposes. I think there are lots of political kick backs going on. It happens where I work.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I have already lost jobs to illegal aliens from Mexico living in FL. It is really bad here. They cram 15 people into one house which is ILLEGAL as well, yet nothing happens. I have seen this in many different areas where I have lived in FL. It is way out of control. Everyday CITIZENS are losing their jobs here because some illegal will do it for less. My friends husband lost his lawn maitenance job to two guys here illegally from Mexico City because they would work for less and 7 days a week. He worked 6 and asked for Sunday's to have for his family and his boss used that as an excuse to get rid of him. He was there for about 5 years! I get really annoyed when I cant find a job yet they are getting them cause they will work for less and I mean below minimum wage. This is not helping us it's hurting our economy here. We have a one of the highest unemployment rates and it's just getting worse....sorry for my rant but this is one topic that gets to me.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Who benefits from hiring illegal immigrants?

Ask yourself that.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Any company hiring illegal immigrants benefits. They put the money saved on labor in to their pockets.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Before we go off blaming and cursing all the Mexicans, I am sure most of us would do exactly the same thing they are if put in a similar situation. Who we really should be pointing the finger at is our own government who has been allowing non-citizens to take American jobs and tax-payer's money.

Edit: typos

[edit on 6-7-2009 by leira7]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Where i work a CVS pharmay, they hire illgeals. The women, look for a single guy to marry. The thing is, ive been harrssed, folowed home, and bullied by illgals, and the company, an american pharmacy, will help them but not me! and im a alw abiding taxpayer...im not the smae as them, hispanic, so i get raw treatment, outside of having to listen too thier racist words and views abuot blacks is messed up too...
Why, why does it seem like we, taxpaying law abiding americans, are being persecuted and flushed down the toilet, in favor of illegal aliens? Cheaper labor? I think obamas plan, is to creat news alrigth, for cheap workers..its like the fed or obama, whoever wants to get rid of us salary payed people..
I wonder how INS and immigration feels about this, knowing they might end up without jobs too soon.. dont overlook how i portray things..im not racist, nor was i raised to be...i developed a different view of people, over time that all. Its the system i guess. I mean, in order to survive, ide have to spend tons mroe money and get more loans to re educate every so many years! or for anyone...
I do wonder what obamas plan is...All i hear at work, is how much the illegal do nto like us americans.they like the country adn all yes..but the people US are lazy, stupid and gringos.. gets me angry time to time

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I see how rampant it is when I travel. Here in my state we dont see a lot of it, well I take that back the Tri-Cities is full of it.

A lot of businesses in my state have moved South for cheap labor.

When I travel to L.A or San Francisco I see it. Even the newspapers are in Spanish! Unreal.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Ive spent my entire life paying taxes and getting screwed on them, doing what the FED wantes me to do...illegals get under the table money, tax free, insult us, and now thier getting freedom? I must be doing someting wrong

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

It's so far out of control it wont change. Figure hiring a US citizen for 3.00 more per hour times 30 employees and the company feels a hit. It should have never happened to begin with.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The govenments (state and federal) benefit as well, because as I mentioned above, those employed in 'regular' jobs get taxes and SSN taken out of their pay checks just like any other employee, but can't collect any of it later on. Typical greed and hypocrisy!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join