It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organic Music: True Brainwave Entertainment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Web address:
www.sciencedaily.com...
090601085928.htm
Endless Original Music: Computer Program Creates Music Based On Emotions
enlarge

Inmamusys could herald a new revolution, of sorts, in music. (Credit: Image courtesy of Plataforma SINC)

ScienceDaily (June 2, 2009) — A group of researchers from the University of Granada (UGR) has developed Inmamusys, a software program that can create music in response to emotions that arise in the listener. By using artificial intelligence (AI) techniques, the program enables original, copyright-free and emotion-inspiring music to be played continuously.

UGR researchers Miguel Delgado, Waldo Fajardo and Miguel Molina decided to design a software program that would enable a person who knew nothing about composition to create music. The system they devised, using AI, is called Inmamusys, an acronym for Intelligent Multiagent Music System, and is able to compose and play music in real time.

If successful, this prototype, which has been described recently in the journal Expert Systems with Applications, looks likely to bring about great changes in terms of the intrusive and repetitive canned music played in public places.

Miguel Molina, lead author of the study, says that while the repertoire of such canned music is very limited, the new invention can be used to create a pleasant, non-repetitive musical environment for anyone who has to be within earshot throughout the day.

Everyone's ears have suffered the effects ... Farewell to copyright payments

Commercial development of this prototype will not only change the way in which research is carried out into the relationship between computers and emotions, the means of interacting with music and structures by which music is composed in the future. It will also serve, say the study's authors, to reduce costs.

MLA Citation:
Plataforma SINC (2009, June 2). Endless Original Music: Computer Program Creates Music Based On Emotions. ScienceDaily. Retrieved July 6, 2009, from www.sciencedaily.com...­ /releases/2009/06/090601085928.htm

Couldn't find this article with the search function, and when i read it several months ago the prospect got me excited.

Imagine having custom-tailored music directed at your ears. Imagine being abel to change the tone of the music simply by evoking different emotions. The possibilities for this technology are really cool, and i cant wait to see some kind of concept model in action.

Forget brainwave entertainment, this is the custom-tailored version suited to your precise emotional state. Who knows what positive effect this could have on the mind?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Stared, where can i get this software
? would i need one of those things that sits on my head and reads my brainwaves ;O?

new topics

join