It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final rules out for government stem cell research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Final rules out for government stem cell research

hosted.ap.org

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The government is creating a master list of which embryonic stem cells qualify for taxpayer-funded research, now that President Barack Obama has lifted restrictions on the field.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I am all for stem cell research. Some people feel that it is playing god in some form or fasion, i strongly disagree. There are so many good things that can come of using stem cells in medical treatments. The medical breakthroughs that will come from this "new" medical technology are almost endless.

This is probably the one good thing to come from the new administration.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The National Institutes of Health already had said it will fund only science that uses cells culled from fertility clinic embryos that otherwise would be thrown away, not cells created solely for research.

This is good news. I'm glad to see that they're finally going ahead with this research, and I'm really glad to see that they're doing it in an ethical manner.

We can have the best of both worlds. I imagine many of those who are against stem cell research, for one reason or another, will one day have their lives saved by this research. We can also use this knowledge to vastly improve the lives of those born with degenerative disorders that could otherwise be fatal.

The positive implications of this research will be far-reaching indeed.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There are plenty of non-govt institutions which will make a hefty profit from stem cell research knowledge and breakthroughs. They would do the research anyways. Why should our broke govt pay for it?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I just clicked on the link because of the 'Final Rules...' wording. Nothing is ever final when it comes to any government rules.

top topics

join