It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lakenheath-Bentwaters UFO Incident

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

LOL, okay, mine does the same sometimes, are you on a laptop? I am lol... I was going to say I think you know what I think of this case and many others. As far as my next case, well it is currently underway so we will just have wait and see.

EDIT to add: It will conclude the 50's decade though..

[edit on 7/10/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

yep, I am a laptop person. We can put a man on the moon, but we cannot fix sticky keys..lol.. I wonder if we didn't put a man on the moon if the world would be different.

"Hey Krog you upset that your keyboard has sticky keys?"

"Nope its not like we put a man on the moon yet."

Yep, the world be different..lol

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Uh oh.....This might lend credence to the Moon Landing Hoax!! LOL....

Thanks for the bump friend.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Not a problem holmes. I just cannot wait for what you come up with next, as a skeptic you keep me on my toes.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Another thing I should have added. For those of you who are interested in reading additional in-depth analysis of this particular case I highly recommend anything by Dr. James McDonald (sadly now deceased).

In particular I quite enjoyed his FSR Vol. 16 No. 2 article titled "UFOs OVER LAKENHEATH IN 1956."

The full article can be found here. Note, this is somewhat rare -- as I've yet to locate any other instances of this document online.

Enjoy!

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Thanks for the great contribution!

There is a lot of information on this case, but sadly, as I said, it is spread out. So hopefully this thread brought it together a little more.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Xtraeme

Thanks for the great contribution!

There is a lot of information on this case, but sadly, as I said, it is spread out. So hopefully this thread brought it together a little more.

The more roads leading to Rome the better.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Jkrog - marvellous thread!

Loved the graffiti.

Photograph of UFO graffiti on a control panel in RAF Bentwaters tower, 1956

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Theres a great link here which details maps, log books, pilot interviews and timelines -it also contains some pretty interesting statements like this one:

"Here we had a number of object seen coming in across the North Sea on coastal radar. It looked like a Russian mistake. Jet aircraft were scrambled. The objects were travelling at quite impossible speeds like 4-5000 mph and then came to an abrupt halt near to one of these stations not very high up. Jet aircraft picked them up on aircraft radar. The objects then simply made rings round them."

"Inevitably this led to the sort of enquiry which you would put in hand if you had any military responsibilities. Had something gone wrong with ground radar or with aircraft radar? We experienced pilots going out of their minds? Were people having fantasies? We *had* to investigate cases of that kind. Over the years - although there were not an enormous number of such cases - there were a sufficient number to persuade me, and a number of air staff friends with whom I had to work, that something was going on, sporadically, in British airspace which we could not explain."

"But we did not particularly want to make public statements about that. Not for something that we had no explanation."

Ralph Noyes,Senior Official with British Air Ministry - retired as Under Secretary of State in 1977

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Justin, you will be sorely missed by everyone with a healthy interest in the UFO subject my friend.

With threads of such high quality like this one, they'll be being read for many years to come.

Pilot Interview with Jenny Randles

1956 at Bentwaters/Lakenheath an object was sighted by several military officers on the ground while simultaneously tracked on radar at two different stations. The object moved at 4000 MPH and was monitored for several hours during which two planes were scrambled.

When the first DeHavilland Venom locked on to the object the UFO shot to the rear of the plane. The pilot tried evasive maneuvers, couldn't break free & eventually had to return to base to refuel.

The second plane encountered mechanical difficulties as it flew within range of the object.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join