It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Record low temperatures in 46 states during June

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Meanwhile, our leaders continue passing laws to combat 'global warming.'
No, they're not leaders, they're sheep.
... Or are they Judas Goats?

538 Records for June 2009 (As per NOAA)
New records: 307 + Tied: 231 = Total: 538
(See state by state totals below)

www.iceagenow.com...

Here is the NOAA link that gives the same info.
www.ncdc.noaa.gov

Meanwhile we are being taxed, over the hoax that anthropogenic CO2 causes massive warming we find that most states have been experiencing record LOW temperatures on June of this year.

Who wants to cheer for the taxes, and for the power the GW crowd have given to the government over us???

[edit on 6-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yup, the Earth is cooling...

Second line..

Mod Edit -Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's been a WONDERFUL summer so far. Today is the first day it's been 85 degrees. Up till now ... nice and cool and lots of rain. The grass is green and the air is clear and the temperature is fantastic. Great summer!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's been a WONDERFUL summer so far. Today is the first day it's been 85 degrees. Up till now ... nice and cool and lots of rain. The grass is green and the air is clear and the temperature is fantastic. Great summer!

I agree. Enjoy em while they last.

Mod Edit - Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i dont think one summer, or one part of the world, justifies deeming our world a "cooling" planet. In fact, i dont think any number of temperature readings short of a thousand years should determine any fluctuation in temperature.

we know nothing, and assume everything. Which makes an @ss out of you and me

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It's 78 degrees in parts of Wyoming now, but it is very cool. I got all my windows open and inside my home it is 71 degrees. My home is partially underground. At this time of the year it should be around 85 to middle or high 90s.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X2
we know nothing, and assume everything. Which makes an @ss out of you and me

If CO2 was the real cause of the warming, then it should be warmer now...not cooler.... That is the point of this thread.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Yes, exactly. That is why they changed it from calling it Man Made Global Warming to Climate Change.

The excuse you will hear is that its Climate change all kinds of weird stuff is going to happen. Well if we are also supposed to burn up and die by 2100 shouldn't the earth be continually getting hotter?

Then of course you have the answer of well you don't understand the science. What I say is that with any legitimate science you can spend a little bit of time and understand what they are talking about from quantum mechanics to chemistry, all it takes a little bit of time to research it.

When it comes to global warming there are nothing but a bunch of excuses, that use to explain away things that doesn't fit into their theory.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

yeah, but just because your little corner of the world is a little colder doesn't have anything to do with CO2. That is the point of my post.

you cant just say global warming isn't true because your feeling a little nippy this summer. but you cant say its true because your feeling a little hot either.

Summers have been wack lately, with Toronto hitting its highest temperature ever no more then 4 years ago. This year, things are a bit colder. Chalking it up to CO2 emissions just doesn't cut it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It was a wonderful June. We didn't break 90 degrees F all month, when last year we were breaking 100 by the end of the month. Saved me quite a bit in AC electricity.

Obama and his cronies are pushing this bill through not because of global warming, but to put more governmental control over the U.S. population. It's all about control.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It wasn't in my state. We wound up buying a second air conditioner

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X2

yeah, but just because your little corner of the world is a little colder doesn't have anything to do with CO2. That is the point of my post.

It has EVERYTHING to do with CO2, and anthropogenic CO2...

CO2 levels have kept rising, and instead of more warming all over, we have cooler temperatures all over. It is not just "my little side of the world"....

But hey Kevin, go ahead and keep cheering for global, and regional taxes on CO2 all you want...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I live in seattle, and this has been one of the best summers that i have seen in years!! By best I mean sunny and hot!

In early june we were breaking high temp records routinely for like a week straight. We had a run of something like 29 days of no rain, IN SEATTLE!!!!????

So, global warming? Maybe not. Global climate change seems more likely.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I suggest that everyone who was so quick to jump to conclusions based on the OP go back to NOAA, and change the little slider box from 'Lowest Min Temperature' to 'Highest Max Temperature'. What you see might surprise you.

There are more than twice as many record high temperatures recorded than record lows. 691 record highs for the month of June '09, 307 record lows for the month of June '09. OP you shouldn't have posted the NOAA site, it directly contradicts your "claims".

Face it, the planet is heating up. I, personally, don't think its entirely due to anthropogenic causes, as this is a cycle that is repeated every 1500 years or so. But to deny that it's happening is outright ignorant.

It's easy to only report half of the story, to enforce your point. But it is disgraceful, and eventually someone will call you on your bull#.

***Disclaimer*** I do not support cap and trade nor do I support emissions trading, or any of the other asinine attempts our government has come up with in their effort to combat global climate change.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

erm... i specifically stated that your wrong, and that global warmings wrong too. You think a fraction of a fraction of a percentage of the total CO2 in the atmosphere has anything to do with a 1% temperature fluctuation over the past 150 years... in comparrisson to the massive natural temperature fluctuation that has occurred over the past millions of years in a fraction of the time that this 1% change has occurred?

The planet will heat and cool sparatically with an extremely general trend: general being over hundreds or thousands of years depending on the shift. Just because this year is colder doesn't mean next year wont make up for it in spades with more heat. You have given no evidence to back your claims besides saying how chilly the states has been lately.

Oh, yes. your a genius. mystery solved! you know exactly which direction this planet is moving in... you should write a book.

honestly, just stop trying. your embarrassing my species.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
In Utah, we've had record low temperatures for the month of May, June, and July, and this year we're actually reversing a 20 year drought with watershed levels being up to 160+%. In the summers here they have environmental teams that roam communities and give tickets for things like watering your grass in the day, leaving the hose on while you're washing your car, and I've even heard of people getting tickets for their kids playing on a slip'n'slide, and since I've been back I haven't heard a peep.

I'm crazy about environmentalism and most of you know that, but just the word "climate change" makes my bull# meter spike. Reminiscent of "The War on Terror" and "The War on Drugs." The wealthy are heavily invested and are about to reap the rewards of something that cannot be stopped and is caused by the most powerful force known to man - mother nature.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I work for a company that makes raw materials to make freon for air conditioners. Our sales are down about 65% this year.

To all members of the church of AGW: It's the Sun, Stupid!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Meanwhile, our leaders continue passing laws to combat 'global warming.'
No, they're not leaders, they're sheep.
... Or are they Judas Goats?

538 Records for June 2009 (As per NOAA)
New records: 307 + Tied: 231 = Total: 538
(See state by state totals below)

www.iceagenow.com...

Here is the NOAA link that gives the same info.
www.ncdc.noaa.gov

Meanwhile we are being taxed, over the hoax that anthropogenic CO2 causes massive warming we find that most states have been experiencing record LOW temperatures on June of this year.

Who wants to cheer for the taxes, and for the power the GW crowd have given to the government over us???

Must be Global Warming !! lol

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

All the "lower" temperature is nothing new. To my asian brothers that understand lunar calender, you guys know this year there are 13months, so we have May twice. What that means is Summer is not officially start until August 23. This has been the same cycle over last 4900 years... lol

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Climate is more than just specific temps on one day in one place.

Anyway

Hottest June on record in Houston

Hottest June since 1951 in Beijing

Highest temperature since July 2006 in Britain

Heatwave sparks protests in Delhi

Heatwave blasts through China

In the USA Central heatwave blamed for at least 4 deaths

Many die in acute Indian heatwave

Heatwave devastates remote Nepal regions

Hottest temperatures ever recorded in Southern Florida

I could go on. But hopefully you get the point. Some places have bene cold. Some places have been hot. As has been the case every year in history. It all proves nothing except that we get weather.

What matters if whether there is any multi-decadal trend toward more frequent/regulat cold or warm periods. One month means b*gger all. One year means b*ggger all. One dacade means we maybe start to wonder.

I had my coldest June day on record. But the month as a whole was above average. And just into July had had my second warmest night on record.

But it means nothing in terms of climate.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Essan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join