It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsworthy stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Why do people always complain about the fact that news services don't always just publish news that really matter? I understand well that there are issues that should be covered but aren't, but that isn't the problem I want about.

The thing is, some people simply do not seem to grasp the concept of mental picture that news offices give about our world. What do you think will happen to people if mental atmosphere of news are negative for a fifty years without any meaningless fun stuff? They will go insane, it already happened, and now they are trying to fix the problem. That's what happening, not conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Not sure I am "getting" your post. If you are saying that news programs don't publish (or televise) all the important national news because it will drive people crazy. Instead, they also publish (or televise) alot of trivial things in order for people to not go crazy. I believe most of the news is propaganda anyway, except the trivial stuff. No national news is ever positive, it is always negative and that is of course to keep the people in a state of fear, its been going on for a long time. I don't think there is any reason to publish (televise) OJ Simpson trial for nine months or any of the other freak shows, because that is not entertainment to me. It is merely a way to get soap opera freaks onto something else except what is really going on.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
My guess that maybe the news in your country is run little bit differently than at least in the U.S. I don't know for sure, so please excuse my ignorance on that for I have only an idea of what other countries do for their news. After seeing how different commericals are in other countries than the states is where I come to this conclusion. Here, nothing sex related is acceptable to have in a commerical. But it seems that in Europe, it's just as common as a coke commerical and isn't thought of as a big deal. My guess would be that the news is a little more cheery over there.

The U.S news is pretty depressing. It's all death, destruction, chaos, and celebrity problems are the sprinkles on the icing and a celebrity death is the cherry on top. It's so bad that when a news station has the nerve to put a feel good story on the air or in the paper, you hear people complain about how fake and stupid the news is, but then complain about all of that death and destruction stuff. If there's a car chase on headline news or CNN, they will be on it until it ends and if no one dies, crashes or anything like that, the report ends their and they sound disappointed that everything ended ok.

Same goes for a hostage situation or an plane having to land in an emergency. If everything has a good ending, then they can't even hide their disappointment good enough. Then you also have a lot of biased news on the mainstream media that makes people over here, and particularly on ATS want to vomit. I do pay attention to the regular news, but only online. You can only be reminded of hearing how bad your neighnorhood is on tv so much.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Yeah we have it very different here. People don't really want to get their enterntainment thorough other people's deaths, although we have our tabloid-type magazines as well. Reporters are not allowed to interfere with police action either, so you are not going to see any live footage. It is however allowed to broadcast such footage afterwards, when there is no possibility of criminals in question to get provoked by coverage anymore.

We have ethics laws for reporters, specifically and they are forced to follow those or face fines and/or getting fired. It works fairly well here.

Currently, a debate is going on whether it is even allowed to report about personal private life of politicians on media. My guess is that politicans will win, as in science, personality does not tell about your capabilities very well.

top topics

join