It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sahimo Electric Car: 568km on 1 Liter of Hydrogen!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Ok, let me see if I got my math right...

1400kg car, accelerated to 80km/h =

80km/h = 22m/s

1400kg * 22m/s = 30.8Kw seconds (30.8Kj)

So, you would need 30Kj capacity for a start/stop from 80km/h

Now, I have seen 1 Farad capacitors (1VA/s = 1 Joule)

And they are not small. (soda can size)

How would you fit 30 thousand of them on a car?

-Edrick

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Now, I have seen 1 Farad capacitors (1VA/s = 1 Joule)

And they are not small. (soda can size)

How would you fit 30 thousand of them on a car?

-Edrick

Don't have to

en.wikipedia.org...

are electrochemical capacitors that have an unusually high energy density when compared to common capacitors, typically on the order of thousands of times greater than a high capacity electrolytic capacitor

More recently they have become a topic of some interest in the green energy world, where their ability to soak up energy quickly makes them particularly suitable for regenerative braking applications

[edit on 7-7-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Ah.... Newtech, eh?

I got ya beat on that one...

www.treehugger.com...

By replacing the porous activated carbon used in ultracapacitors with tightly bunched nanotubes, Schindall believed that the ion-collecting surface area could be increased by as much as five. Since current ultracapacitors can store around 5 percent of the energy in an equivalent-size battery, the addition of nanowires could bring this up to 25 percent. “And you can also operate [the ultracapacitor] at a higher voltage with the nanotubes, and that’s about another factor of two in energy,” he says. “We are hopeful—we haven’t proven it—that we can get up somewhere between 25 and 50 percent of a battery’s energy. At that point, it becomes a compelling device for many applications.”

Yes, Future of Automobiles looks bright indeed.

Now if we could only break the Oil cartel's monopoly on Portable Energy... We would be set!

-Edrick

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick
Now if we could only break the Oil cartel's monopoly on Portable Energy... We would be set!

-Edrick

Their days are numbered! The ones we've discussed are rather cutting-edge but practical technology, which allows otherwise full-sized vehicles to be made highly energy efficient, than resorting to unattractive alternatives like what's posted in the OP - no offense

Mechanical flywheel regenerative technology is actually in use today, popularly in the 2009 Formula One season. But IMO, mechanical systems are less reliable and more expensive compared to the electronic counterpart but they can actually be more efficient due to less waste heat generated.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
Man, they could up size this and make it meet US safety standards and sell it. Even if was to consumer 5 liters of hydrogen, you could easily get that out of an electrolizer.

Their are MUCH cheaper ways that are not being mentioned to
most of the public via the mainstream.

Biological Hydrogen production

Some small mention was in wired and a few science magazines.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Isn't that amazing?

Now you need something the size of Texas to meet world demand... We could use the Sahara Desert!

Probably more feasible with one-world government...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Screw that little disposable snap-together roller skate!

Give me something with power and style like the new 2010 Camaro with the 426HP V8 engine:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97cf8e028bf4.png[/atsimg]

NICE!!

I would rather tear round in that and burn some cash on the fuel than tippi toe round at 30mph in a roller skate just to save a few quid!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Screw that little disposable snap-together roller skate!

Give me something with power and style like the new 2010 Camaro with the 426HP V8 engine:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/97cf8e028bf4.png[/atsimg]

NICE!!

I would rather tear round in that and burn some cash on the fuel than tippi toe round at 30mph in a roller skate just to save a few quid!

Great minds think alike

No doubt crusing around in that work of art will get your blood pumping.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

NICE!!

Half of the particle pollution we all enjoy today is created by conventional cars, so when you die from cancer, you'll know why.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by aaa2500]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GerhardSA

what is exspensive to make? the fuel, or the car? the fuel is so easy to make these days. i use to work for a company called entegris corp. that made the fuel cell. water goes thru this flat peice of special material that has many lines going thru it. it is very brittle and is sandwitched in the machine. you can pour water in one end of the engine and at the exhaust you can litterally drink the water. they made this engine run a generator. the generator made enough power to run 1/2 the building. the mayor was there, the inventor was, congressmen were there, and others i did not know. pour water in one end and at the other was hydrogen. hydrogen is very explosive. more exsplosive than gas. this hydrogen powers pistons in the engine. sort of like car engines now. the thing is, car companies want the seperator not to be on the cars. you see this way then they can charge you for the hydrogen they make with the seperator. the seperator, takes the hydrogen out. where in a car all you get is the engine, not the seperator. if we all had seperators we would need no gas. all we would need is a gallon of water in the trunk. this is how the elite control you, by taking out the seperator. it is a small lite thing. i do not know the material for the seperator, but the rest is plastic. the seperator is less than a foot long, five inches wide, and only 10 milimeters thick when compressed. this company went to malaysia. gee , who would guess. not here, not america. this engine and car together would revolutionize the whole world and totally clean up the environment problems. what is wrong with these people. oh, i know. it is called greed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join