It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert McNamara Dead

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I remember watching Fog of war, which I agree is one of the top 3 documentaries.

You will get no argument here . In a sort of twist on events My Mum and I watched the documentary last week . Now my Mum isnt into politics and even she enjoyed it . I think that LBJ and McNamara didn't know what to do about Vietnam and there answer ended up being to send more troops .

Yes he's a pivitol man in history.

Undoubtedly you are correct . I don't usually like to deal in what ifs but IMO it is tragic that he didn't go from Ford where he was at his best to the world Bank .

Yes, his decisions sent some to war, sent some to death and ultimately meant the bombing of cities.

Well the allied bombing of Axis city's contributed to the psychology of defeat . In Vietnam the US dropped more bombings then they did on Western Europe in WW2 and yet they failed to stop a bunch of near bare feet peasants with donkeys from keeping North Vietnamese forces resupplied .

What an amazing tale he had to tell.

Indeed . For his statics and analysis he failed to grasp what David Hackworth later concluded US forces should have fought the in the same tactical manner that the Australians did . It is worth noting that a lot of the anti Vietnam war crowd weren't exactly model citizens . The fact that he coped so much scorn and lived to the age of 93 is pretty impressive in my book .

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Could it be that the so-caleld McNamara's morons were an actual successful project ? In other words , could it be that these low IQ people or mentally deficient people actually managed to reach the post of high ranking officers in NATO armed forces thanks to their mental deficiencies ?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join