It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great new satellite image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Great new satellite image over at dreamlandresort.com taken june 30 2009! That massive new hanger is completely finished and new mysterious racetrack uh thing out there. Take a peek.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanLA123

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

Normally . . . it's quite helpful . . . conventional, . . . expected . . . useful

to post at least a link

when one wants something seen.

Or are you expecting folks to telepathically ferret out the image and view it that way?

Or am I blind to a hidden link in your post?

Or . . . .???

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Could you possibly post the picture on here with some information?? When I go to the site there are various pics. Thanks

also here is the direct link for those who dont want to type it

dreamlandresort.com

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

They look like a newer member so they probably didnt know how to do it. Relax
I didnt know when I started on here and I still cant embed a video to save my life without help.. Their link was in the post just not the way it should have been. I posted it for you

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What is that ''triangular'' shape tower? And why does it need to rotate?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jigore

I was just looking at that myself and was thinking maybe it's for radar tracking or just a giant building with lots of solar panels. Area 51 has gone green!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jigore

It's an RCS tower, which is used to test the Radar Cross Section of aircraft. Northrop Grumman has one at their stealth development center.

An aircraft model is built (like the B-2) and a circular mounting bracket is placed in the bottom of the aircraft at the center of gravity. Then they lift it up on top of the RCS tower (Northrop's looks like a big thorn-shaped barb that gets skinnier as you go higher, I will try to find a picture).

Anyway, once they put the aircraft up there and bolt it in to the mount they can fire radar at it at a bunch of different angles and see what gets bounced back. Then they can work on the model and re-test it, etc.

The one at Northrop used the ring mount so the aircraft could be spun around in different directions because the radar was fixed. I wonder if the Area 51 tower spins on it's own from remote control? That would be easier than trying to manually turn the aircraft.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Here's a picture of Northrop's tower:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57fe614c8e58.jpg[/atsimg]

The aircraft is a model of Hitler's Horton 229 that was in development at the end of world war II. I saw a documentary this weekend where Northrop engineers were trying to see if it was designed to evade radar.

It was quite a remarkable plane. It was made almost entirely of plywood and had two jet engines!

(photo from National Geographic)

Hitler's Stealth Fighter

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
PS - I can't tell you how I know this, but it has been divulged to me that THIS is what the racetrack is for:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

This tower does not look like what is seen at a RCS site. This is a KMZ of the tower in question, Helendale, and Tejon:
RCS

I have a photo of the tower here:
Howland area

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Ya, I heard from an unconfirmed source as well that that is the reason

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I looked on GE the latest version, but its not been uodated yet.

top topics

join