It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange dark line in the sky!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
About 2 weeks ago (24/06/09) I was walking on the Belgian coast.
As usually I was looking into the sky, looking for something interesting.
There were a lot of airplane contrails.
The unusual thing is that one of the contrials suddenly changes from white into a dark line.
I have 2 different pictures of the same thing placed below.
In real live the line was more visible than on the pictures, the color was a lot darker than the blue sky.
Never seen this before, does anybody knows what it is?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I have frequently seen those over Eastern Missouri and Central and Northern Illinois in the USA. While working in the garden and relaxing at the pool and in the backyard, I have watched them for long periods of time. I would love an good explanation for what they are.

I have wondered if they are shadows of the exhaust from the aircraft. Perhaps there is exhaust we can see from that far away but it somehow still casts a shadow? I have also watched and have seen aircraft follow these lines precisely, which made me wonder if it was some type of track.

Could they be a pollutant like barium or aluminum? Could they be a beam of energy? But that sounds ridiculous I know...but i also know all things are possible.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dope001

What perplexes me the most is how straight these black lines are. The contrails always begin to shift and modulate their shape in the air but these black lines are precisely straight. They also span the entire horizon.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
You might find the answer on page 2 of this topic. The shadow cast below the trail seems most plausible anyway.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It is strange that just one contrail have it.
If it is a shadow, then why are there no shadows after the other contrials?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
That is probably smoke. All the contrails are converging on a point (airport) which means the planes are probably descending in that direction. As they descend the contrails go away, but if a particular plane were running "rich" as it descended, it could leave a smoke trail in addition to the contrail.

A typical scenario would be that the pilot was lowering the throttle to descend and losing altitude, but left the fuel/air mixture on rich for any number of reasons. The black smoke trail is unburned fuel.

Pilots could do this to cool a hot engine head or prop, they could do it by sheer mistake, it could happen if an engine is malfunctioning, etc.

I saw a lot of these around air force bases from C130's.

Edit:
On second look it is pretty clear where the planes are losing their contrails. That is probably a certain altitude on the approach to the airport. The only one that continues is the black one, I would guess an engine malfunction, possibly even a 'blown' engine. This pilot made the most direct approach, this may have even been a "declared" emergency, if the OP would like to search the time and date the photo was taken.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
live in so. calif. whats up? this was back in 2004 i was at work on a saturday.construction site i set glass. it was break time say 9 30 in the morning. this job site was in moreno valley.there's 5 or 6 others guys hangin around. long story short. we all noticed the criss crossing chemtrails
over head.so i just threw the quest. out there, what do you guys think about that crap?
as i said that, i looked up at one of the jets
streaming this fresh chemtrail right over our heads.
i also see this dark line out in front of the nose of the jet, streching all the way across the sky.as the jet went along the chemtrail covered up the dark line. so i'm like what?not real sure if i'm seeing this right.one the guys heard me say some things before just trying to call atten. or wake em up a little bit .as i'm trying to figure out if i'm really seeing this dark line or not or what. the other guy goes " well what do you mean ?(then he looks up like the rest of us were) what do you want us to think?"
i said .
"well instead of thinkin " and all of a sudden he cuts me off, and blurtz out.
"well whatever there doing up there, we can't do anything about it . and don't even ask me what the hell that dark line is the g.d. thing is
following . because i don't even have a clue. right after he said that .
the rest of us busted up. laughin. the rest of the day when ever i saw him
i'd just stop in my tracks look at him and point to the sky. funny. that is the
one other time i have seen this. very wierd.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I have seen these before in Central Kansas. It was a dark shadow looking line that was absolutely straight! The line continued on over the horizon of the sky farther than I could see. We had been having heavy chemtrails around that time as well.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Looks like the plane has made a long clearing in some thin spread cloud. The line isn't dark it just looks like it is? It's actually blue sky whereas the rest is covered with thin cloud?
Dunno just a guess.. no idea.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I toke this pictures in the morning. I was looking to the west, so the sun was on that time on my back.
So if it would be a shadow of something, shouldn't be that something before the shadow?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

well you know you have a great theory there. but from the one i saw. there was no simple explanation for. nice theory, but definetly wrong.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dope001

a shadow has to land on something for there to be a shadow.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I did not see mention of the second dark line of smoke, or whatever it is, right next to the one that changes from white to dark.
It looks to be wider and more spread out than the half and half one, with a
larger poof of "stuff" at or near the horizion. I don't see any white with that one. Maybe it had been there longer.

I see the dark lines alot in my area and don't live anywhere near a major
airport. Iv'e seen both the light and dark trails at night also.
You don't want to know what I think the trails are for.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

I didn't mention the other line to, thanks for telling this!
But what do you think they are for?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by dope001]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Excellent!

Thanks for posting!

There is also another recent thread on this phenomenon entitled, "Black Line Phenomenon *images*

This is just one of many what appear to be “novel” natural phenomena, but which just don’t seem to fit what we understand about nature.

First of all, there are no straight lines in nature (even the persistent jet streams curve and twist).

Even if we were to, for convenience sake, call these black lines “contrail shadows” the fact remains that the black lines not only remain solid and straight as an arrow even while the contrail twists, turns and dissipates, but these black lines also remain stationary even as the contrail presumed to have caused them moves, they show up on the “sunlit” side of contrails, sometimes “ahead” of the contrail, or even at times when no contrail is near, or present.

I have seen a black line (as shown in these and the linked thread photographs) appeared at a 15 degree angle, descending down to the planet’s surface, and with a width of about fifty times the width of those shown in these photographs. There were no contrails, or clouds present above this “black beam,” so these explanations just don’t hold water.

I consider these black lines to be either manmade, some ET technology, or tied into these hyperdimensional bleed-throughs.

They are abnormal, and they are a new phenomena. Something we seem to be experiencing more and more these days. Every day there seems to be the discovery of something that absolutely defies logic, but which is passed over with hardly a comment (if any) from the scientific community. Really though, they are at a complete loss for much of what we are experiencing.

How does NASA explain a hexagonal storm at the north pole of Saturn? They can’t. In fact, the article on this anomaly doesn't mention the physical impossibility that a storm, given our current understanding of phsyics, can actually maintain this geometric shape.

Who can explain this? Richard Hoagland and David Wilcock have actually gone a long way to explaining thathe Saturn pole phenomenon…

What is happening here is just as much a mystery as the hexagon at the north pole of Saturn; something David Wilcock (DivineCosmos.com article) considers an example of hyperdimensional physics.

So regarding the black beams and these other novel phenomena, What’s next?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by dope001

You said the Sun was at your back, it was morning. Would it be safe to say the Sun was low in the sky?

An airplane travelling West bound is moving away from the Sun. The Earth's surface is rotating towards the Sun.

The Earth is a globe (for the most part). As the airplane continues West, it leaves a contrail in partial shadow, because of the curvature of the Earth.

The darkness is the Earth's own shadow, on the bottom of the contrail!!

The contrail may have been formed hours before you saw it, and lingered, drifting with the upper winds. If the air at altitude is relatively stable, and has enough moisture, the contrail will remain. If the air is unstable, or has a lot of conflicting currents of air up, down, or sideways, the contrail will be disrupted and dissipate more quickly.

edit: Also, folks, it was morning. LOOK at the contrails, all nearly parallel. Wanna know why?? LOOK at a map. MOST trans-Atlantic flights to North America leave in the mornings. They head West by North West. As they leave their destinations in Europe, they are routed over certan points on the Western coasts of Belgium, Netherlands, France...depends on point of departure. They may pass over the UK, again funnelling to certain points to begin the over-water portion across the Atlantic. OR, if headwinds are very strong, they will fly a more Northerly course.

NOW, if everyone wants to think that the OP's photos show some sort of 'spraying' over the English Channel, then go right ahead and believe that.

LOOK at a World Map!!!! Study how airlines operate! Learn meteorology!

[edit on 6 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Maybe, I don't know.
It could be a good explantion, I just don't know what it is, it lookes just very strange.
There is also another thicker line right of it, but you can't see it very well

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Dark matter or dark energy nearing the Earth?
Descent of linear and planar singularities?

Funny, terrifying, inspiring?
I sure as hell used this idea in my writings, but had no idea there is such a match in observable nature right there!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have seen these occasionally here, without contrails being anywhere near them. They are usually angled, not staight up and down, they seem to begin 'nowhere' but end in the horizon. I wondered if it were possible they are shadows caused by sattelites?????

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Simple explanation being a ex-aircraft spotter myself. What your seeing is basically a shadow being cast upon a Contrail upon humidified air, the reason the effect doesnt occur with the other contrails is because they are already inside the airmass and thus the contrail wont cast upon the mixed air-layer because obviously you need something solid to cast the shadow upon (which in the other contrails cases will be the ground.)

This one seperate Contrail is most likely FL350 and well above the humified airmass (in the clearer air) which it is casting the shadow upon. I hope that makes sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join