It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Neil Armstrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

A hero to millions, Neil Armstrong has consistently shunned the limelight. To mark the 40th anniversary of the first manned Moon landing, author Andrew Smith travelled across America to discover why the man who first set foot upon the Moon remains such an enigma.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Hi everyone I thought I would share this article from bbc new magazine, which discusses Armstrong’s reluctance to speak about the landing and his choice to shun the lime light in favour of the quiet life.

I feel this adds credence to a lot of the conspiracies regarding the moon landings, be it they never happened or the recording of astronauts seeing alien craft during the landings.

Something has never sat right with me about Armstrong’s attitude after the landings, it is as if the weight on his shoulders of what really happened is too much to bear and he does not want to discuss it, whereas aldrin seems to thrive in the attention.

Another part of the article that really stood out was

"Ordinary man or gentlemanly genius, maybe Armstrong's most celebrated act has been to remain - certainly in many ways - a man of sizeable mystery."

Hope you all take the time to read the article and discuss

Cheers

[edit on 6/7/09 by On the level]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Neil Armstrong was a very quiet and private person even before he went to the Moon. It's not like he went to the Moon, then suddenly became private.

In fact, Armstrong was chosen to be the first to walk on the Moon because of his quiet, calm personality and small ego. NASA thought that the American people would easily identify with the "quiet hero" type -- the type that does heroic deeds without calling attention to the deed afterward.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Here is a interesting article from 1999 where "friends and colleagues offer these glimpses of the personality of the first man to step onto another world":

www.enquirer.com...

From what I have read about the guy, he is just a quiet man who dislikes being in the spotlight. And in my opinion he has more dignity than Buzz Aldrin, who now uses his Apollo fame to sell overprized handbags...

www.luxuo.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Something has never sat right with me about Armstrong’s attitude after the landings...

Pure speculation on your part.

..what really happened is too much to bear...

Again, this is just seeing things without basis in actual personal experience, or facts.

...whereas aldrin seems to thrive...

Well, there's your answer!!

Two men (three, really...no one seems to remember Michael Collins!) with differing personalities. I don't see a 'conspiracy'.

Some pilots have humility, and shun the spotlight and adoration, others are flaming horse's butts!! Compare Armstrong to other famous record-breaking pilots of note. Chuck Yeager comes to mind (modest) and John Glenn (down-home, Earthy...former politician, though) and Frank Borman (flaming horse's rear, former CEO of Eastern Airlines at one time).

ANYTHING that Armstrong and Aldrin may have 'seen' would also be known by Collins....and all of the other ten men who landed and five men who remained in orbit in the CM. Yet, no one focuses on them??

No wonder Armstrong shuns the attention.....

(tags)

[edit on 6 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It is not pure speculation on my part as I have read hundreds of threads on this very site inculding recordings of armstrongs voice when he was suprised by alien craft. I just think that he reacted badly to what he saw. There is a massive amount of evidence that all is not what it seems on the moon and therefore I theorised that the first man to walk there had taken what he saw badly.

I can accept that he was a quiet man before he went however a lot of stuff stinks to high heavens about NASA and their missions.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I always did wonder, if Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon.

Who held the camera videoing him?

I would guess it was dropped onto the surface or there was another craft?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I know Niel and have met him many times (through family friends) He is as people describe him to be, quiet and contemplative. Plain and simple.

Efforts of the ignorant to take his personality type and fold that into their conspiracy fantasies is just plain silly, and an insult to an American hero.

Oh yeah, the recording of him talking about alien spacecraft, LOL...please...... Look into that for a few minutes longer and you will feel silly for asserting such complete hogwash.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

I always did wonder, if Neil Armstrong was the first man on the moon.

Who held the camera videoing him?

TV cameras used on the Apollo missions (and later Apollo-Soyuz Test Project and Skylab missions) varied in design, with image quality improving significantly with each design. A camera was carried in the Apollo Command Module. For each lunar landing mission, a camera was also placed inside the Modularized Equipment Stowage Assembly (MESA) in Quad 4 of the Lunar Module (LM) Descent Stage, so it was capable of broadcasting the first steps of the astronauts as they climbed down the ladder of the LM at the start of the first moonwalk/EVA. Afterwards, the camera would be detached from its mount in the MESA, mounted on a tripod and carried away from the LM to show the progress of the EVA.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Thanks for that, I always did wonder, I thought it would be something like this.

I wasnt implying anything along the lines of conspiracy in case anyone was wondering.

[mod edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 6-7-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I am sooooo sorry that I dare to question something that has been asked on this site many many times
I believe that there is something going on, on the moon, I think that there is a cover up and highly doubt that you would be privy to the full story after meeting "NIEL" several times through family. Some people do not know what their own parents are really like I am just saying he knows something, NASA knows something, Looks at Mikesinghs threads on doctoring going on in the lunar pictures and missing rolls of film and recordings, look at all the evidence and tell me there isnt the chance of a conspiracy

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Sorry man, I have not yet seen any "doctoring" that can't be attributed to many other things besides some "secretive NASA photoshop team" LOL.

Perhaps one day I will become paranoid enough to see what many on here claim to be religious fact, but until then I am perfectly happy to rely on logic, reason and common sense.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Fortunately for you, you haven't seen THIS thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ooops....now I've sullied your day, sorry.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So no one thinks there was life threatening mk ultra conspiracy
to make sure no one said there was no moon landing?

If one was told the moon landing would cause radiation poisoning
and doing it in orbit was the only safe way they would have to stay quiet.

The results of the remote landers found excessive radiation and
the program could not be stopped.

Well the results were kept secret and given to the astronauts
before launch.

Von Braun was disappointed but realized he could not risk the
lives of the astronauts.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

You should do a bit of research around ats on the subject then as I can assure you is a lot more than paranoia
There is a vast amount of evidence that nasa has doctored pictures of the moon, and also video and audio transcripts do not match the real time audio picked up by ham radio operators at the time.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
If someone is quiet that is the way it is, not everyone wants that popular culture thing.

Whatever happened, he has experienced something we have not, and left the earth.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

...and also video and audio transcripts do not match the real time audio picked up by ham radio operators at the time.

With such an incredible assertion one would think there is supporting documentation, or there are links to show??

Before we get too excited, recall also that there were multiple frequencies in use.

AND,,,"video" transcripts?

Really...a lie that is repeated and touted as 'truth' is still a lie.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Sorry for the late reply weedy however I meant that there is videos on youtube with subtitles over the original audio picked up by ham radio operators, they list the santa claus comments and also the suprise in the astronaughts voices saying stuff like look at the size of them. They are all covered in Mikesinghs numerous posts.

top topics

join