It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Suppressed Link between Trinity and Lung / Skin Cancer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Yes the incidence of lung cancer shot up just after the nuclear testing.

However, isn't it possible that BOTH things are true?

We don't have a huge historic record for Skin Cancer.

I don't agree that the 50,000 year half-life for such small particles is really the case. Maybe with a heavy element like Strontium -- but those are going to go to ground pretty quickly -- at a guess in about 6 years.

It's ionizing radiation that does the most damage and that isn't long-lasting. Maybe like a highly radioactive iodine.

>> I'm still not convinced about "chem trails." Most of these seem to be just your normal vapor trail, and it would be easier to catch if there was something in it -- however, as I get older, I do realize that the bigger the lie, the easier it is to support. Nobody checks on "what everyone knows."

However, it seems clear that Coal power plants, could easily be re-introducing radioactive isotopes into the air. So it isn't the "global warming conspiracy" -- it's the carbon energy conspiracy.

Half of Gasoline is a toxic waste; Benzene. Aluminum production gives us chemical fluoride -- maybe they spread that around, so everyone gets just a little -- thus making it impossible to compare with or without. But coal power plants -- they put out metric tons of mercury, lead and radiation every year.

It's so hard to distinguish sources, because someone is saving a buck or two by cutting corners and poisoning kids. Dick Cheney's company, has over 250,000 people dying of lung disease from their companies knowingly letting them and their families breathe asbestos. They cleverly got the average payout down to $200 per victim.

>> So yes, I think the nuclear testing had a big effect -- but it would NOT necessarily be around forever -- we have industry to thank for that.

>> And I don't see how a layer of mucus is good for the lungs -- you have one anyway, and it also lines your esophagus -- too much mucus is just a burden on the body. If you are healthy -- only a very thin layer is necessary. And Lungs don't come without a layer of mucus. Neither do stomachs and noses. So I don't get this "smoking is good for you" theory.

There was a lot of money spent to lie to us about Tobacco -- way before the Government got involved. The tobacco industry really isn't hurt, because our Government subsidizes its production. Give with one hand and take away with the other; a classic shell game.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
As far as I know sun is actually good for you............that's why there is this anti-sun movement and everyone tells you not to go in the sun, etc.

Skin cancer is caused through toxins under your skin and through the sun itself.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

Here's a good starting point for you. "From Battlefields in the Middle East: Depleted Uranium Measured in British Atmosphere" by Leuron Moret.

Also within the article are references to the film documentaries "Beyond Treason", and "Blowing in the Wind" which address the issue.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thegreatobserver

It is, vitamin D protects us against cancer, depression even obesity.
I read somewhere that we should try to get at least 20 minutes of full sun every day and it would be even better without any clothes on.
I am lucky enough to have an area without prying eyes to do this, I cannot tell you how great I feel after a good dose of the sun.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
great job, a star and a flag for you.

I guess the next warning that should be put on cigarette packets should be:

WARNING: The surgeon general is dead!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiredofControlFreaks

Please kindly explain this phenomenal increase in asthma despite ever decreasing smoking in the population and every increasing smoking bans? You don't even have correlation on this one - never mind causation

And yes - doctors used to treat asthma by gently blowing second hand smoke into the face of the child suffering an asthma attacks before Big Pharma developed steroid inhalers.

You know, I'm inclined to believe you because AS SOON AS my mom stopped smoking her asthma got really really bad. She's had it since she was a kid. When she was a kid she was in and out of the hospital with asthma attacks. Then she got older, she started smoking. She smoked since before I can remember until I was about 20 or so then she kicked the habit all together. I remember we used to give her crap about smoking when she had asthma. She just carried around a Primatene (sp?) mist inhaler with her and that was all the treatment she needed.

Shortly after she quite smoking (which I never really connected the dots until I read this) she started having full blown asthma attacks that landed her in the hospital just like when she was a kid and didn't smoke. She usually has to call an ambulance every few months because it gets to the point where even her treatments don't do squat for her.

This completely blows me away!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prokopio
I guess the next warning that should be put on cigarette packets should be:

WARNING: The surgeon general is dead!

Well that made my day

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
OK everyone...

I smoked tobacco & sigarretes from age 16 to 30, then switched to cigars fulltime until I met my wife (2 packs a day) and I started cigarettes again.

Now after the recent increase I switched back to rolling tobacco so I am back where I started..

I do believe that cigarettes -as manipulated with all kinds of smart chemicals- are really not good for you. You may not die of them but they sure as heck not good for you either. Remember "The Insider" with Russel Crowe & Al Pacino? Better believe it.

Now, PURE tobacco in any form: Pipe, Bong (lol, Cigar or Rolling is NOT dangerous, provided you use moderation and common sense.

If you like Churchill smoke those large mothers all the time, sure, you will develop heart and other problems. But does this not apply to everything like alcohol?

A small quantity of alcohol daily is actually good for you. I say a small quantity of tobacco is also good for you.

Time will certainly tell, because in the end noone will be smoking and STILL the deaths caused by lung cancer will increase...

"Not A Cough In A Carload" Remember that?

The time when doctors were selling Luckies (Stanford Library)

RaRa.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I never heard of a trinity, can someone tell me what a trinity is? This identity in the sentence below is off topic of what the trinity that you referred to is.

I do know that Isis Horus Seth is NOT what you are talking about. That is thee trinity of the Catholic cult.

Trinity means, "3 things in combination joined together."

Your topic of a particular trinity is?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I would like to say that I too believe you are talking a lot of sense, OP!

Our daughter worked in a bar when she was in college and there was still no smoking ban in public places.

Since she was 5 years old she has had serious asthma.

However, for the 18 months she worked in a bar she NEVER got flu, chest infection, asthma attacks or any kind of chest illness. She was very well and barely needed her inhalers.

When she stopped breathing second hand smoke every day on leaving the bar to start her full time job, then she started to get sick with her asthma again.

You talk a lot of sense and the jigsaw is beginning to take shape!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
However, Truth4Hire, I do have a question.

Surely the Elites who plan these outrages against humanity must suffer the same bad effects as the rest of us humans.........unless they are NOT human, of course?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Elliot]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

Elliot, you have just asked the bazillion dollar question.

Either "they" a) aren't human (just like you said)

or b) have access to far better medical care than we can even dream of

I'd love to hear any other reasons. Really. Because I'm stumped.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Symetra

Symetra DO be a dear and re-read the original post. The part where there's an external link to the Trinity Nuclear Explosion in bold might help.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

or.... They Smoke, hmmm

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

Personally, I don't believe that self obsessed psycopaths who rule the world would ever take such a risk with their own 'human' lives.

Hence....my conclusion is that Lizards do NOT get cancer! Thicker skin, and all that!

If there is a vet 'on board' ATS, I'd like to know if cancer is a disease of lizards and I want to know this even though it makes me sound like some stark raving bonkers idiot. (Maybe I am a stark raving bonkers idiot, but I still want to know).

Enquiring minds are waiting, Veterinarians!

Do lizards get cancer or if they do, is it a rare, rare disease of the species?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SEEWHATUDO

Cigar smoking lizards!

Cool! I'd like to see that!

I can see them all green and scaly in their tuxedos and evening dress after dinner passing round a cigar!

Makes sense to me and I ain't 'taking' or 'drinking' anything weird either!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Elliot

As I said a few posts up, my mom had the same reaction to smoking/not smoking as far as her asthma was concerned.

It's really strange isn't it? As soon as she quit her asthma got extremely horrible. It was the same when she was a kid and didn't smoke.

I don't exactly think smoking is good for you. But some of the things in the OP really do seem to make sense.

I think that maybe it's just like everything else. Take it in moderation. It's the excesses in life that have an ill effect on your well being. That always seems to be the case. Just like drinking red wine is good for you, as long as your not a wine-o who drinks a bottle a night

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There are numerous reasons why smoking is bad for you. For one, nicotine is twice as deadly as arsenic is. You are constantly poisoning your body when you smoke, not even starting on the various other chemicals in cigarettes and such. Second, inhaling smoke is horrible for your lungs. Most deaths from indoor fires come from smoke inhalation. What you have in a cigarette is essentially a small dose of that.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The no smoking rules only apply to people like us. The laws do not apply to the lawmakers.

U.S. Congress, exempts itself from the rules. Smoking is still permitted in lawmakers' offices, in two designated smoking rooms in the House office buildings and in a small, concrete room in the Capitol's basement.

www.jointogether.org...

EU parliament is also exempt.

euobserver.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symetra
I never heard of a trinity, can someone tell me what a trinity is? This identity in the sentence below is off topic of what the trinity that you referred to is.

I do know that Isis Horus Seth is NOT what you are talking about. That is thee trinity of the Catholic cult.

Trinity means, "3 things in combination joined together."

Your topic of a particular trinity is?

Symetra, this link should get you started Trinty - The World's First Nuclear Bomb Test

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join