It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is finished in the UK "Well thank god for that!"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Seems you missed it also since I was obviously being facetious.

You really like facetious.

Same difference.

And oxymoron/s apparently.

No, I'm sure its how it was intended given your responses.

Touche. Well played sir, well played.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by XXXN3O

There is ignorance because people do not research christianity before posting.

And you know this how? Just 'cause their opinions of it? Are you God?

For your information, there are well over 50 different denominations of christianity all with different beliefs from each other about the subject and different practices.
If you can be bothered heres a list

And they're ALL on the decline my friend, that's what this thread is about, you so far have not in any way shape or form showed that that is misinformation, but I'd be happy to see you try.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

There is evidence from the posts in this thread and many others on this site that people think that christianity is a single denomination or small amount. You can evidently read so why arent you taking anything in? You dont have to be god to spot ignorance. Even the title of the thread is ignorant as it suggests that there is only the church of england in the UK along with thanking god.

Many people are saying they hate what christians do even in this thread, not one has said what particular denomination. How can you hate something that you do not fully understand? Another cannot even type christian yet condemns them into the ground.

The thread is about the church of england being in decline, which may well be the case, not every single denomination. Wow thats a big claim that every single part is in decline. Are you saying that you have went through every single denomination and have figures to show that every one is in decline?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Ah but you see the Christian believes in things that are considered "supernatural". While the atheist does not or so he or she claims *seems to apply that disbelief stated as complete subjectively and at times suspends it*. And it should be noted all the while taking a position that one would have to have "supernatural" powers in order to know with any degree of certainity. Both can be argued to be fools of course, but at least one fool is not being hypocritical.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

There is evidence from the posts in this thread and many others on this site that people think that christianity is a single denomination or small amount.

Could you actually show evidence instead of claiming that it exist? I have not seen one post claiming that Christianity is a single denomination.

people are saying they hate what christians do even in this thread

I've seen people saying that they dislike what some Christians do and promote. That's not ignorant or hateful. And lumping a whole thread into such a statement because of one or two posters seems dramatic.

The thread is about the church of england being in decline, which may well be the case, not every single denomination. Are you saying that you have went through every single denomination and have figures to show that every one is in decline?

The organized religions that stem from the second testament are all on the decline in the areas we are discussing, yes. I posted articles that discuss this in the west.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Ah but you see the Christian believes in things that are considered "supernatural". While the atheist does not or so he or she claims *seems to apply that disbelief stated as complete subjectively and at times suspends it*. And it should be noted all the while taking a position that one would have to have "supernatural" powers in order to know with any degree of certainity. Both can be argued to be fools of course, but at least one fool is not being hypocritical.

How is sarcasm hypocritical?
I was clearly mocking Christians supernatural beliefs, not stating that the other poster had them.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I presume you are being sarcastic when you say "Thank God for that"?

Otherwise I have to ask which god you are thanking - certainly not the Christian God, so maybe an Egyptian god with an animal head? Or some other god - a pagan god, a Greek god, which god, exactly?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

In support of the fellow who said this lovely foolish gem:

BTW, there is no god, FYI...

Though it is funny to see someone who can no more prove their claim than their opponent mocking said opponent as if they could and have.
It's a perfect example of the human love and at times unconscious obcession with absurdedly.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

What if all of them was the same being?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   

a pagan god

Seeing as how Christianity is so similar to and possibly stems from paganism he may be thanking both.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Though it is funny to see someone who can no more prove their claim than their opponent mocking said opponent as if they could and have.

You just described exactly why I replied to WhatTheory, not the person you quoted.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Actually they stold bits and peices to better absorb "Pagans" *used to be a slang word for poor backwards ignorant country folk*. That is where you got Christmas and Easter with it's bunny and eggs *originally a fertility festival*.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

He wasn't mocking. He was pointing out the outlandishness of the claim. For the same reasons I stated in my initial post to you I am sure. I just elaborated.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

He wasn't mocking. He was pointing out the outlandishness of the claim. For the same reasons I stated in my initial post to you no doubt. I just elaborated.

I think you became lost somewhere. I was touching on the supernatural power comment, not the knowledge itself. Hm. The point in a point in a point was a rather unwell stated point that contradicted itself? Meh, don't think I can state it any clearer?

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Actually they stold bits and peices to better absorb "Pagans" *used to be a slang word for poor backwards ignorant country folk*. That is where you got Christmas and Easter with it's bunny and eggs *originally a fertility festival*.

Actually I don't think of those holidays when considering the connection.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

There is probably only one God, as you say. People have never agreed on anything from the beginning so they all believed in different gods when there was only one.

Humanity is so stupid, and that is what causes our downfall - because we cannot unite, we cannot stop fighting, and we cannot believe in a god, even if one exists.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

Originally posted by moocowman

My my you been busy

Sorry to disagree my learned friend, but if god is the creator of everything then it is god that is first cause, the cause of hate.

For someone who actively disbelieves in God as much and as often as you do moocowmao

I've never claimed that a god doesn't exist

you sure seem to have an intimate knowledge of how he does t things. God just makes the bomb, moocowmao, he doesn't drop it.

If there is a god and that god is omniscient/omnipresent, ie all that there is, then who else exactly is there to drop anything ?

I being merely a creation of a deity am merely acting in a manner that I was designed to do.

then why don't you get off your daughters neck and let her learn all the neat stuff you are telling me about God Madcow.

My children do learn neat stuff, they have learned that people for thousands of years have sought explanations to that which they don't understand.

My kids are aware that people have clung to many gods, Thor,Allah, Krishna, Dyonisis, Amen Ra etc, needless to say when is pissed down with rain for over a year they would change god a bit quick.

Most kids enjoy some history and mythology soup, it kindles the imagination, that's why Noahs ark is so popular with toddlers.

Share with us please the reasons you have blamed God for your whole miserable life so you can hate him and his followers so

I don't have a miserably life mate on the contrary I'm really enjoying my life, I live in joy, enjoy, kinda cool don't you think.

I certainly don't hate anyone sorry to spoil that for you, but I am aware that id does piss off xtians a little that I can live quite happily without the need of their jesus yahweh god to make me happy. As a matter of fact I've yet to come across an xtian who is living a life that would inspire me to want to know what his secret is.

I mean you are being serious aren't you? Or are you just using sarcasm because you can't face the truth and you think it will make you look cool.

Sometimes I'm serious sometimes I'm sarcastic depends what your referring to, but I am always cool. I am as a matter of fact so cool that my piss could well be the answer to global warming you know.

I could not possibly act in a manner that I was not designed to do as this would make god not my creator which would be impossible as you are fully aware.

Were you not designed to be serious about anything

You claim to have a direct line to the Designer why not ask him ? As far as I'm concerned I'm sometimes serious sometimes not, nevertheless I am what I am not what I am not.

or is this just going to be a one way conversation and you are only here to get stars,

Have I not endeavored to respond to your posts ? As I recall I believe I have please correct me if that is not the case I I will make extra effort to respond. Or is it that you just don't like my responses ?

respond giving your supporters high fives and other types of emotional affirmations while your interlocutors who you deride,

Interlocutors cool word dude I had to look it up, that's what's so great about these dialogues, there's always opportunity to learn should we take it.

I was unaware I had supporters my friend, however I will admit to be slightly acquainted with some like minded people.
Is that not the case for yourself ? Are you not a supporter of or supported by other christian types.

I suppose that can be a bit awkward given the different types of xtians. One thing you can be sure of my friend, from my observations at least, you can be pretty certain that atheists are pretty unanimous in their lack of belief in your god. So that's go to be pretty helpful when it comes to debating more than one at a time no?

mock and use various ad-homs dressed in bitter sarcasm as the only dialogue

Do you not feel as though the dialogues engaging enough then ?
I can't recall using Ad Hom, seeing how ashleyd is a mod I would imagine I would have got a warning don't you?

And yes I hate what xtians do, not all the things they do of course because that would be lie.

Yeah I hate a lot of things they do too,.

Cool my friend, we could well be on the same side after all, see how easier it is to find things that bring us together than separate us ?

Christians (as you are fully aware) claim that although god recommended a punishment of death for those who practiced homosexuality. When god killed or had someone else kill the homosexual he did not hate the homosexual. God merely hate what the homosexual was doing.

And what was he doing?

Who the homosexual ? how the hell do I know i wasn't there, one would assume the creation was acting in a way that he was not created to by the creator, and so the creator killed that which he designed. Not my belief system dude I just obsereve it you are the one who's supposed to understand it

[edit on 7-7-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

No, you are trying obfuscate. You said this in response to his question:

He's probably just as gifted as Christians who claim to know that God exist.
And have been attempting to justify ever since. When the simple fact of this comment is meant to hide the obvious problems with just what he said a person claiming to not believe in the supernatural while claiming to have knowledge of facts that only one with "supernatural" powers would have. You are after all the one who dragged Christianity into that particular dialogue not he.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   

I would have to disagree slightly. Our biggest downfall in my humble opinion is that we cannot accept differences in opinion.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

No, you are trying obfuscate. You said this in response to his question:

Okay, I'm fine with you thinking that.

And have been attempting to justify ever since.

No, I was having witty banter, witty banter is not worth "justifying" on a message board.
I was simply trying to explain.

the supernatural while claiming to have knowledge of facts that only one with "supernatural" powers would have

You like stating the obvious? Again I already knew this. *sigh* I was poking fun at the poster for willfully playing into the redundancy instead of simply stating this.

You are after all the one who dragged Christianity into that particular dialogue not he.

Did it kick and scream while it was dragged?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by XXXN3O

There is evidence from the posts in this thread and many others on this site that people think that christianity is a single denomination or small amount.

Could you actually show evidence instead of claiming that it exist? I have not seen one post claiming that Christianity is a single denomination.

people are saying they hate what christians do even in this thread

I've seen people saying that they dislike what some Christians do and promote. That's not ignorant or hateful. And lumping a whole thread into such a statement because of one or two posters seems dramatic.

The thread is about the church of england being in decline, which may well be the case, not every single denomination. Are you saying that you have went through every single denomination and have figures to show that every one is in decline?

The organized religions that stem from the second testament are all on the decline in the areas we are discussing, yes. I posted articles that discuss this in the west.

Evidence?

I DON'T HATE CHRISTIANS, I JUST HATE WHAT THEY DO

Then clearly xtians hate homosexuals

Most of the congregation will be dead - they are filled with mainly old folks.

It's okay if he has faith and belief. In fact I think we all should have a bit. But the issue with Christianity is that it IMPOSES its beliefs on others.

It may appear on the case of it that I am singling out xtianity but I assure you I'm not.

It jut so happens that where I live makes this particular religion (xtianity) stand out .

I have NOTHING against Christians - in fact, so many of my friends are. I just have something against CHRISTIANITY. The religion, not the people.

But it doesn't take much to be Christian. Just going to Church every Sunday, have a Holy Bible, and pray/think hard of God.

Only time will tell dude, don't know about the US but the xtianity appears to be imploding in the UK.

hey that sounds just like the queer hating fag bashing jesus yawhe god, it's not them he hates but what they do.

As for the rest of the site, if you use the search option you can find plenty already. I am not going to spend all day digging up every shred.

The articles you posted discussed the Church of England. I might have missed some but as far as I have noticed you did not post any evidence that every denomination of christianity is in decline.

Saying they hate what christians do is ignorant of the fact that many christians have different beliefs and practices. That is as ignorant as saying something as bad as all blacks eat KFC. Clearly not the case. The created thread clearly is made of ignorance of christianity read the title!

[edit on 7-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snisha

Originally posted by moocowman

I don't hate anyone my friend, and I'm certainly not susceptible to xtian paranoia in relation to Muslims.

If I may be so bold, why is it that you say Muslims and not Xuslims?

Perhaps I have incorrectly discerned(after reading many of your posts on ATS) that you are of the opinion that the concept of God is false.

If this assessment is correct, why the compulsion to heap a little more derision on Christians exclusively by affixing an "X" in place of their deity's name?

Do you harbor a bit of apprehension that intolerant Muslims will declare jihad on what they perceive as yet another infidel besmirching the good name of their prophet?

Or do you derive a secret joy from passive-aggressive modes of communication?

I am not speaking for moocowman, but I am guessing it's because it's more convenient to type? Xtians as opposed to Christians. X'mas as opposed to Christmas? It's a shorthand Internet thing - don't give it any more meaning that it has.

And in case some of you wanted me to clarify what I meant by "imposing", here it is:

Matthew 18:3
"Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Dominating much? "SHALL NOT?" I've had many a kid whine and complain for fear they would not go to a good place in the afterlife just because they're not Christian.

I tell them, "Everyone has a 'good place' they can go to. Just not 'the kingdom of heaven'. What do the texts in YOUR religion tell you?"
They reply, "But the Bible is the truth. My friends all say so."
I tell them, "Do they? Well, tell them that is not the case."

And you might say those are only "a few" of many Christians - true, I believe so - and thus not everyone imposes their beliefs on others. To many Christians, they don't believe that a person won't go to heaven just because he is gay, and likewise, they will not tell another that the Bible is THE TRUTH.

But all too often, THIS IS THE CASE. Which makes me wonder, what is being taught at churches to make so many Christians speak like that to instill such fear and dispute?

Plus Matthew 18:3 is but a scriptural reference, and there are many others. Who knows what different kinds of lessons are taught to Christians who DO study their texts, such that they can use them in discussions to obtain a sense that their are more superior, or greater (because they get to go to Heaven, etc.) than their non-Christian counterparts?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join