It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is finished in the UK "Well thank god for that!"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Most of the congregation will be dead - they are filled with mainly old folks.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

r

eligious classes are not Christian based the kids learn about every religion, be is Buddhism, Sikhism Islam or Jain and are not compulsary.

The assemblies are compulsory -

The law currently requires all maintained schools to provide a daily act of collective worship for their pupils. For England and Wales, the main Provisions concerning collective worship can be found in sections 70 and 71 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998. In Scotland the relevant provisions are found in the Education (Scotland) Act 1980.

Which particular god is worshiped is somewhat vague, like I said the responses I have received have been "Broadly Christian" whatever the hell that means. I simply take it as someone ramming the jesus yahweh cult down my kids throats.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Lot of ignorance on this thread, a lot of unjustified hate and a lot of false information given by people who do not have a clue what they are talking about.

A picture speaks a thousand words.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

Well, all wise knowing one who thinks others are hateful and ignorant and ill informed, please share your greater knowledge with us and give some specifics, I'd hate to miss out on the knowledge fest you are surely preparing for us. I hope that picture was only the first of many that will thoroughly address the topic.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Lot of ignorance on this thread, a lot of unjustified hate and a lot of false information given by people who do not have a clue what they are talking about.

A picture speaks a thousand words.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

Well, all wise knowing one who thinks others are hateful and ignorant and ill informed, please share your greater knowledge with us and give some specifics, I'd hate to miss out on the knowledge fest you are surely preparing for us. I hope that picture was only the first of many that will thoroughly address the topic.

Re read what I wrote.

Right back at you.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

You gave us your opinion of this thread and then posted a picture. You did not detail why the thread was "ignorant" or "hateful" and you did not address any of the information to show how it was misinformed, so why bother? Unless you plan on posting something with actual useful content that will contribute to a discussion?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

religious classes are not Christian based the kids learn about every religion, be is Buddhism, Sikhism Islam or Jain and are not compulsary.

First term my child had xtianity and was told contrary to my view "Jesus is real and a god" she was deducted marks and became upset because of the conflict this created between me and the teacher

Following xtianity my child then had 2 lessons about indian beliefs, now she's back on christianity. She has been at this school a year and this speaks volumes.

The law requires that Religious Education is taught in all maintained schools. For many years it was the only compulsory topic in the curriculum. The legal requirements governing religious education were set out in the Education Reform Act of 1988 and confirmed by the Education Acts of 1996 and 1998.

In all community schools and all foundation and voluntary schools without a religious character (in England and Wales), the content of religious education lessons is controlled by LEA-convened bodies called SACREs (Standing Advisory Committees on Religious Education). Unfortunately, SACREs are completely dominated by religious interests. Meanwhile, faith schools are free to teach their own RE syllabus which is permitted by law to be to be confessional and need not even mention the existence of any other denomination or belief.

Legally, if a parent or guardian requests it, pupils can be withdrawn from RE. However, particularly in faith schools where religious instruction can become cross curricular and creep into other subjects such as Geography and History, withdrawal is wholly impractical.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by XXXN3O

You gave us your opinion of this thread and then posted a picture. You did not detail why the thread was "ignorant" or "hateful" and you did not address any of the information to show how it was misinformed, so why bother? Unless you plan on posting something with actual useful content that will contribute to a discussion?

I actually said "Lot of ignorance on this thread, a lot of unjustified hate and a lot of false information given by people who do not have a clue what they are talking about."

Ignorance, unjustified hate and false information.

That is an explanation in itself.

I dont need to blow a trumpet all day to get a point across.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jon1

You make statements that are very childish and i hope that one day you will grow up and talk some sense for a change.

Is this childish -? Xtians want to be exempt from law

The Attorney General, Baroness Scotland, has told Catholic magazine The Tablet that she will attempt to help the churches introduce exemptions in the Equality Bill that would permit religious organisations to discriminate in employment against those who don’t share their faith.

Baroness Scotland, who is a prominent Catholic, sits on the powerful Legislative Committee that examines proposed laws before they come into effect. Her spokeswoman said: “She [Lady Scotland] is confident that an acceptable way forward can be found and the people dealing with the bill will find one.”

The Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England and Wales — along with the Church of England and the usual evangelical groups — has claimed that the Equality Bill could have a “chilling effect” on freedom of religion because it would introduce an obligation to offer jobs to non-Catholics in areas such as youth work and pastoral ministry.

Stephen Pound, another prominent Catholic MP, said that he expected concessions from the Government. “I know Patricia [Scotland] has a plan to remedy this,” he said. “She is working on a way that the Church won’t be seen to discriminate.”

Richard Kornicki, the bishops’ conference parliamentary coordinator, said that inserting an amendment on the Church’s right to exclude non-Catholics from certain positions should be straightforward. “This particular issue is eminently resolvable and we would be delighted to talk further about how best to do that,” he said. “We’ve made our position clear, have had discussions with officials, and look forward to the Government’s response.”

Opposition to the bill has also come from the Church of England and there has been extensive cooperation between the two Churches over the proposed legislation. The bill was introduced by Harriet Harman, the Equalities Minister, and brings together all existing equality law under a single act. The source of the Church’s restriction in employment comes from the bill’s narrow definition of religion, which is “… leading or assisting in the observation of liturgical or ritualistic practices of the religion, or promoting or explaining the doctrine of the religion”.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Parents can withdraw their children from assemblies. But only a small minority do - in the culturally mixed London borough of Newham, for example, only five children were exempted in 2001-02
Teachers who have a moral objection to the daily act of collective worship can also ask to be excused ex]
Sourcet
www.tes.co.uk...

Jehovas Witnesses do not allow their children to attend religious classes or assemblies.

My sons school has an assembly once a week it is not religious.

Pupils over 16 can opt out without their parents permission since 07

Edited to add you are talking balderdash.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by dizzylizzy]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I dont need to blow a trumpet all day to get a point across.

You didn't get any point across. You're like the kid who interrupts a debate with some shout like "Your argument sucks!" then runs away instead of explaining what is wrong with that argument.

edit: going to bed, don't expect a reply for several hours, night

[edit on 6-7-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
In the last days many will fall from the faith. There is salvation only with Jesus Christ. And true Christians must contend for the faith. Realize your enemies are not flesh & blood. Be a light to this dark world. There is no salvation in any other religion.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
[mo

Teachers who have a moral objection to the daily act of collective worship can also ask to be excused

Unless of course if the Head Teacher is an xtian and the Deputy Head, is an xtian along with the head of year , several form teachers and the odd RE teacher and members of the board of governors and the Locla Education Authority.

Let me ask you this, do you really think a christian Headteacher would employ a teacher who was against religious worship in schools ? Come on don't be so naive .

You mention Jehovahs' witnesses being exempt fro assembly, well this is the point isn't it. Because a child happens to not be of the same religious persuasion as the teaching staff they are then ostracized and tucked away in a little corner of the school missing out on part of their education and being victimized.

My own child now faces this totally unacceptable dilemma and has been very upset by it, pray to the jesusyahweh god or be put in a corner away from classmates to feel ridicule, embarrassment and DIFFERENT!! In a school that claims to embrace diversity !!!!

British parents need to wake up to the harm this so called harmless practice is doing !!

If you want your child to learn your delusions then teach them yourself at home, don't force them on other peoples kids.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
Legally, if a parent or guardian requests it, pupils can be withdrawn from RE. However, particularly in faith schools where religious instruction can become cross curricular and creep into other subjects such as Geography and History, withdrawal is wholly impractical.

if your child is in a faith school then stop whinging, you can't expect a school run by christians for christians not to have a slightly chistian slant ffs. what did you expect?

if your child is in a non-faith school and you have such a big issue with religion, you should have exempted your child from day one.

and by the way, your child wouldn't have a dilemma if you weren't indoctrinating your child to your beliefs. don't be such a hypocrite. most christians would call you delusional, what makes your opinion superior?

[edit on 6/7/09 by pieman]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

if your child is in a non-faith school and you have such a big issue with religion, you should have exempted your child from day one.

I sent my child to a secular school, I was completely unaware they were conducting religious ceremonies wt the school.

Nevertheless, the child would still be discriminated against an d ostracized because of it not having the xtian label attached to him/her.

and by the way, your child wouldn't have a dilemma if you weren't indoctrinating your child to your beliefs. don't be such a hypocrite. most christians would call you delusional, what makes your opinion superior?

I don't have any beliefs to indoctrinate my child in to my friend my children are doing fine using reason and critical thinking skills which demand evidence, which is not available from religions.

Christians have called me a lot worse things than delusional my friend, nevertheless I don't have invisible friends that live in the sky so delusion is not one of my weaknesses..

Is it not good enough for you, that when my child says that the teacher said that there is a god called jesus that lives in the sky I respond that if that his true then Jesus will contact you personally in due course, until then ask the teacher to keep his/her beliefs to himself.

Is it not good enough for you that I inform my child that if there is a yawhe jesus god it will speak to you personally, no introductions needed.

Xtianity is truly afraid of the loss of its' core membership, indoctrinated little children who believe everything their told

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I agree!

Thank GOODNESS for the end of Christianity.

No more hypocrites!

No more holier-than-thou judgment and "hating of sins"!

No more fear!

No more Western fundamentalism!

No more illogic!

No more cult behavior and worshipping!

No more gay children made to feel inadequate and sinful!

No more reading of ONE book written ages ago!

I say the UK is well on its way to a peaceful, more civilized and thinking society!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Exactly.

When people ask me why I don't believe in God, I reply them simply:

"I don't believe in a God because that God hasn't spoken to me yet. Has he spoken to you?"

Good for you if he has.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300
In the last days many will fall from the faith. There is salvation only with Jesus Christ. And true Christians must contend for the faith. Realize your enemies are not flesh & blood. Be a light to this dark world. There is no salvation in any other religion.

You are very creepy. And the fact someone starred your post... is creepier.

There is NO salvation, PERIOD.

Jesus Christ will not return to Earth. All the dead won't be resurrected. God won't save you. In fact, if such a God DID exist, I would think he would save himself first, since he clearly didn't have the power to stop Judgment Day.

I love how you say "true Christians must contend for the faith". In-fighting. Brilliant. More trouble for you guys.

Go forth, and kill each other.

Wow. Okay. You are a VERY CREEPY person.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by KarlG]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

In your signature you state you dont hate christians you just hate what they do. To be honest you could change the christian part to muslim, jew, satan worshiper, JW etc. All religions are the same, they have some very pious people who worship in their own time and live good lives and do not forces their religion on others, then you have the crackpots where their entire lives are about their beliefs and hating anyone who believes diffrently.
I have no time for any religion and if they all failed the world would be a better place. You however seems to be in the crackpot variety and only seem interested in singling out Christianity, you seem to have some deep issues with this faith and you may need to seek some professional help.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

first off, you do teach your daughter things regarding god, like the belief that if god existed he would personally contact her, so get off your high horse.

secoundly, take some responsibility instead of abdicating raising your child to the state.
your child is upset because of a conflict between you and the teacher.
you are allowing your child take part in the lessons but you are telling her that what she is being taught is wrong.
you are creating the conflict.
you need to reconcile it.

honestly, demanding that everybody else conforms to your rules so that you can do the right thing by your child and your morality is just childish.

decide weather shes better off fitting in and being allowed to undergo the influence of those evil christians or being outcast for your beliefs, then stick by your decision. it's called being an adult.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KarlG

Why is it creepy for someone to have a little faith or belief in something, is it that what really scares you is that you have none and feel empty inside

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join