It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is finished in the UK "Well thank god for that!"

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Christianity is finished in the UK "Well thank god for that!"

Yeah and it's being replaced by something that is even worse. The worship of celebs, fame & fortune.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

mate i am unsure what a xtian is or jeessus,

Then obviously you have not been paying attention

I have less idea why anyone would try and have an half intelligent conversation with a some one who is a either a child or a adult child.

Do I take it that you disagree with the yawhe jesus god demanding you to "become as a child " ?

Stop trying to be funny because you fail, the surf nonsense is dribble that makes you look like a fool.

I agree the smurf nonsense is that, dribble and nonsense totally beyond understanding, this is why I liken it to xtian dogma.

I believe it was the Encyclopedia America that refered to the doctrine of the Trinity as "beyond human comprehension" , well there you go not unlike Smurf. Which makes Smurf very valid in the return post.

Rather than debate a single topic you are constantly change tack and target the individual...with provoking obnoxious dribble.

What single topic would you like to debate my friend ? And I will gladly debate with you on that topic.

This thread as you may recall was in relation to the demise of xtianity in the UK, which is a pretty broad subject. Given the different types of Christians about the place, some are true xtians some are not true xtians, some are catholic some are mormons etc. It is only courteous to address each individual on a personal basis and debatethem on their own ground, however I do try and avoid Ad Hom

Keep fishing bro you wont catch much with out a hook.

Aha, youve noticed that I am a fisher of men, indeed.

Instead of being an arrogant obnoxious insulting hateful soul once you give you life to God you could be an strong positive loving influential leader.

If your god is the creator of all that there is, how is it possible may I ask, to give a god something which could not have been seperate from it to begin with ?

Why do you assume that I am not strong,influential, loving or a leader ?

as to your mate the back slapper,

Why don't you take it up with whoever you are referring to, kind of rude to take up my space don't you think ?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Why do you assume that I am not strong,influential, loving or a leader ?

do I need to answer that?
If you are the leader of some moo surfland then hey yer you might be.
But here on earth your pure hatred is not strong it's a weakness, in hate there is no love, and you may be a leader of yourself lord of you. Being a leader you have to have people to follow, not cows.

hey bro your not a fisherman your a hobby angler of cow smurfs.

I did try and converse with you but you are not even on a level where that is possible...so be it.

You do know your major problem is now...if no one ever talked to you about God then you have an excuse, the more you talk about and argue the truth the more precarious situation you put your self in.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

You do know your major problem is now...if no one ever talked to you about God then you have an excuse, the more you talk about and argue the truth the more precarious situation you put your self in.

Talking about a god and telling me to live by a god are worlds apart.

I'm quite happy to go along with my life without the subject of a god ever raising it' ugly head ever again, cool for me.

And what truth would you have me live by? truth that presents itself or your truth ?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I flatly don't believe you could go on without talking about God, you are the most obsessed atheist I have ever encountered I can assure you of that. You are not settled into being an athiest by any stretch of the imagination else you wouldn't spend so much time talking/posting about a God that doesn't exist!

You are locked in a spiritual battle, which will probably end with the satanic spirit that has taken up residence with you heading for tall cotton one day. Where there's smoke there's fire, and you spend entirely too much time talking about God to not believe in Him. You may have some type of misplaced grudge against Him at this time your life, but you believe, oh yes, you believe.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

I flatly don't believe you could go on without talking about God, you are the most obsessed atheist I have ever encountered I can assure you of that. You are not settled into being an athiest by any stretch of the imagination else you wouldn't spend so much time talking/posting about a God that doesn't exist!

You are locked in a spiritual battle, which will probably end with the satanic spirit that has taken up residence with you heading for tall cotton one day. Where there's smoke there's fire, and you spend entirely too much time talking about God to not believe in Him. You may have some type of misplaced grudge against Him at this time your life, but you believe, oh yes, you believe.

Hmmm... if I had some wild-eyed superstitious individual telling me I was locked in a spiritual battle with an imaginary boogie man I'd revel in talking to them as well.

It is quite entertaining after all. Rather like watching the WB.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Just yesterday you asked xcowman why he bothered conversing with Christians. Now you say you would revel in it too. Which is it?

Also, WHO exactly are you referring to by wild eyed?

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Where there's smoke there's fire, and you spend entirely too much time talking about God to not believe in Him.

I'm currently quitting tobacco, I use Ecigarretes there "is" smoke with no fire. Just because I discuss something does not necessarily mean I accept it as a reality.

I spend equally as much time talking about the alien and NNE subjects, however I've yet to have come across enough evidence to validate their reality 100%.

When you use the word "Him" I''m forced to assume that you are referring to your god IE the yahwhejessus god. Although It would be the height of arrogance, for me to discount the possibility of a creative force at work in the universes. It would be downright stupid of me to draw any relationship between such, and the character Yahweh or Jesus.

You may have some type of misplaced grudge against Him at this time your life, but you believe, oh yes, you believe.

I hold no grudges period I can think of better things to do with my thoughts, I certainly cannot by any stretch of reason, hold a grudge against a bronze age deity, no more than I could get mildly annoyed by leprechauns .

I do get annoyed with many christians, and do hate many of the things that many of them do. Although I use the word hate with cautious reluctance, as it is not an emotion that I am accustom to but one that is used with great zeal by the biblical deity so I use it hopefully no less or more in the same manner than the example set in the bibles.

It would be fair to say that if my feelings toward xtianity are to be put into words then I only hate it in the same manner as jesusyaweh hates, no more no less.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

H

mmm... if I had some wild-eyed superstitious individual telling me I was locked in a spiritual battle with an imaginary boogie man I'd revel in talking to them as well.

Check out my new signature dude, that is U2U sent to me from an xtian, I may be guessing wrong here, but it's difficult to imagine the nutcase not being wild eyed when he tried to scare me with that garbage.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Just yesterday you asked xcowman why he bothered conversing with Christians. Now you say you would revel in it too. Which is it?

Also, WHO exactly are you referring to by wild eyed?

[edit on 16-7-2009 by Bombeni]

I was just attempting to annoy you. Did I succeed? lol!!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I mean come on dude, if I invented a new receptive for a good curry or needed directions to Aberystwyth I could probably stretch a few bible verses to make them fit vaguely fit.

Bob Ch. 22 Vs. 6
Lo, whilst shepherds washed their socks by night, (7) all watching BBC, (8) the angel of the lord came down and switched to S4C.

Many believe that this passage indicates Caerfyrddin as the most perforated of holies, but anyone who's been anywhere knows that if you haven't pilgrimed from Tenby to Machynlleth, you've been nowhere(not forgetting Llangibby Common of course, lol!).

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

but you need to know that some of us have training in psychology and xcowman, you're obviously very pulled in two directions.
LMAO! "Very pulled in 2 directions"! Yeah, because that's a psychological term, lol! But you, Bombeni, need to know that some of us have studied not just psychology, but sociology, psychiatry, philosophy & indeed theology.
Your whole input to this thread, but particularly that last, demonstrates dualistic thinking: ie 'if its not 1 thing, it must be the opposite'. Even the term 'ambivalance', which it seems was the word you were looking for, is now understood to mean many mutually inconsistent or conflicting thoughts &/or feelings, rather than just opposites, when used in psychological jargon & is understood to be the normal, if uncomfortable, state of the human mind; giving rise to the mistaken, yet descriptive phrase "20th century schizoid man".
I'll break it down: there is so much information available to an educated person that even a polymath genius can only retain a fraction of what they learn; thus its inevitable that some bits of info will be in conflict with others, nevermind the irrational & multiply conflicting nature of human emotion (which you, as a psychologist should know, lol!).
Therefore we can see that any certainty based on our human limitations is inherently wrong, as indeed the continuing advancement of knowledge proves, which incidentally coincides with:
To know that you do not know is the best.
To pretend to know when you do not know is a disease.
Lao-tzu, The Way of Lao-tzu
Chinese philosopher (604 BC - 531 BC)
I forget, lol, but some ancient Greek bloke said much the same thing & a fair few prominent thinkers of the christian era... Oh yeah, Descartes...
We can thus conclude that you sir either studied your psychology from 1890s books, or you are simply lying.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

God is good & the devil is de evil; I love good, er God, so I'm good. Only good is right, so I'm right, cuz de evil is wrong. And and and to love God I gotta love the only right I know, er I mean God, cuz there's only one good, er God. So I love God and and and and you're wrong cuz I'm rightious, cuz I'm right, cuz I love God.
You'll all see it my way in the end cuz good always triumphs over evil, so God must win. Cuz its a battle. Cant be any other way. God vs Devil. Right vs left. I picked the right; you didn't, you's wrong & gonna lose.
Just get to fork, will you?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
When the fighting kicks off, the losers will be the ones fighting and the smart ones will be the ones sitting on the fence laughing their asses off at the idiotic losers.

Maybe Christianity isn't dead after all. He's back in a big way..err I mean she's back, or is that he/she's back....Jesus has decided now's the time to come out.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

[edit on 17-7-2009 by kindred]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

yes I have a mortgage, and I thank God that I was able to have a decent home over the heads of my children and myself. So, unless we wear rags and are homeless, we aren't truly a Christian now?
Typical christian dualistic thinking. If one is not like the speaker, so has no mortgage, necessarily, one must be the most perjoritive opposite: homeless & in rags, lol: not like me=not good, must be de evil!
Personally, I have been homeless & wearing rags (I still proudly wear some of them now). I've also been homeless & quite well off (prioritised spending: its a real bitch for market analysts). I've also had 2 mortgages, partially overlapping. Btw, I've never been even vaguely rich (by European standards of course, so forget trailor parks), let alone wealthy.
Currently, I'm renting a roof that my kids (19 & 21, both @ university) can stay under whenever they're in town, & frankly, in this financial climate, I'm glad I dont have a mortgage (went through that extortion in the 80s/90s).
I am a bit ragged, true. This is my lifestyle: dress to depress, lol! I own 4 suits, 2 tailor-made, & a variety of posh togs for any venue from here to here, the former being a far better laugh!
I'll bet my left teste that your sartorial choices are limited to jeans & t-shirt, chinos & shirt, or 1 or 2 off-the-peg suits/ jacket & pants.
For off-the-peg, I prefer Armani: they make conservative look flamboyant & suit my broad shoulders. I'd guess I could have bought a decent car for the money I've spent on Armani & Brooks Bros., but you know? Somehow, getting out of a plain old taxi, looking like James Bond on crack, beats the p!ss out of conventional.
What designers do you prefer? Or are you like most christians I've met: too ugly &/or ashamed of their bodies to strut some funk even if they were parachuted onto a catwalk?

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Dude, its Zeus, not Zues!

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum

Dude, its Zeus, not Zues!

My bad, lol... think I'l be struck by lightning? I'll keep marshmallows in my pockets, so if I meet an untimely demise, you can enjoy a toasted treat!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I thought this went along with the OT.
Russia upholding a ban placed on preaching and religous publications in some of its provinces.

www.forbes.com...
www.seattlepi.com...
www.msnbc.msn.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Blimey, talk about thread necromancy! Why the sudden urge to resurrect this beasty?

The Para.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Christians are freaks anyway, because they need a God and a book of rules to tell them how to behave within the world they live in without causing mayhem. They dont have enough heart and consciousness to figure out a liveable code of morals and ethics for themselfs. As soon as they distance themselfs even an inch from their God and their book of rules, they automatically behave like lunatics and many of them dont even have to distance themselfs to behave as such. Aint it true?

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join