It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is finished in the UK "Well thank god for that!"

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni
[

I have no clue why a mortgage or pension would rile you up, but you need to know that some of us have training in psychology

I'll take your non answer as a conformation that you have a mortgage for the next 5 years or more and also a pension for when you retire.

So tell me bearing in mind you have planned your material life well in advance, why are you (and xtians generally) harping on about the end of the world and the end days being now.
Clearly this is not the case if you intend paying your mortgage for the next 5 years or so. Or continue to make contributions to your pension policy.

I bet you have health insurance as well don't you, never mind xtians claiming of prayers to jesus healing the sick, I bet most xtians have health insurance just in case Yahwhejesus don't heal them so they'll get big pharma to do it instead.

What a joke,

Why exactly do I need to know that some xtians are trained in psychology ? Some atheist are trained in balloon modeling, so what ?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

It wasn't a non-answer, it isn't any of your business though WHAT I have, but, yes I have a mortgage, and I thank God that I was able to have a decent home over the heads of my children and myself. So, unless we wear rags and are homeless, we aren't truly a Christian now? xcowman, you stoop to the most asinine levels in your quest to turn people against God. I gotta tell you pal, someone needs to tell you, you are in very dangerous territory. Not believing in God is one thing, but the active blasphemy and antichrist spirit you are encouraging is painting you into a corner. I don't know what God will say to those who didn't openly profess Him yet didn't go out of their way to blaspheme Him. But someone like you who oozes antichrist, you are going to be in a real jam when asked why you spent your time to turn others away from Him also. Why do you do that? Explain your identity as one who hates God so much. Bring us up to date on how you came to this bitter place.

1 John

20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. 22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. 25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. 26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Bombeni
[

I have no clue why a mortgage or pension would rile you up, but you need to know that some of us have training in psychology

I'll take your non answer as a conformation that you have a mortgage for the next 5 years or more and also a pension for when you retire.

So tell me bearing in mind you have planned your material life well in advance, why are you (and xtians generally) harping on about the end of the world and the end days being now.
Clearly this is not the case if you intend paying your mortgage for the next 5 years or so. Or continue to make contributions to your pension policy.

I bet you have health insurance as well don't you, never mind xtians claiming of prayers to jesus healing the sick, I bet most xtians have health insurance just in case Yahwhejesus don't heal them so they'll get big pharma to do it instead.

What a joke,

Why exactly do I need to know that some xtians are trained in psychology ? Some atheist are trained in balloon modeling, so what ?

Dude, why even respond? These types are very good at circular logic: The Bible is the true word of God. Really... well how do you know? Because it says so and that proves it. And around and around we go!

My dog used to chase his tail too... it provided him with hours of amusement, but the poor old pup never accomplished much in life, lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Christianity won't be finished, once society crumbles and other minority religions, paganism and even Satanism takes hold expect a backlash to drive out the menance to society once people wake up from the politically correct delusion.

I'm sure they used to say that about Zues. He was worshipped for thousands of years too.
And humanity grew out of believing in another form of adult Santa. The same will eventually happen with all religions.

Well, I have to go let the dog in. It's raining outside. And the bible says that the stars are the windows that let the water above in to fall as rain.

We've had enough rain this week... do me a favor and ask your god to close the stars?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Why respond? Did you really ask xcowman why he would respond to a Christian? Haha. That is what he lives for. You missed the whole forrest for the trees, DUDE.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Originally posted by The time lord
Christianity won't be finished, once society crumbles and other minority religions, paganism and even Satanism takes hold expect a backlash to drive out the menance to society once people wake up from the politically correct delusion.

I'm sure they used to say that about Zues. He was worshipped for thousands of years too.
And humanity grew out of believing in another form of adult Santa. The same will eventually happen with all religions.

Well, I have to go let the dog in. It's raining outside. And the bible says that the stars are the windows that let the water above in to fall as rain.

We've had enough rain this week... do me a favor and ask your god to close the stars?

Since Genesis time there was no rain during the day, meaning the signs of rain would come when the stars were out. We know this because of the Noah event when the first rainbow was formed.

If people today were bothered to read the Bible a bit more they will see the connections and why.

Also the Bible and the Ancients knew about Jesus from year Zero that is why there has been counterfeits along the way and will still continue to have counterfeits too.

QUOTE: What the Bible says about the stars;

"He suspends the earth over nothing" (Job 26:7). This is an accurate description of what it is like to view the earth from outer space, from any direction.

It wasn't until the invention of the telescope that people realized that the number of the stars was huge ...in the countless millions. The Bible didn't make the mistake of saying that the number was merely a few hundred or thousand, but rather, in about 600 BC, the prophet Jeremiah says the number is "countless as the stars of the sky and measureless as the sand on the seashore" (Jer. 33:22). Also, from the year 1500 BC, the same concept comes from Genesis 22:17. And this is correct, because we now estimate the number of stars to be approximately 10 to the 26th (which may also be a fair estimate of the number of the grains of sand on all the earth's sea-shores), but the actual number is "countless" for us to attempt to precisely count. ---However, God, who is infinite in knowledge, knows the exact number, as the Bible says, "He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name" (Psalm 147:4).

The Hydrologic Cycle

In a good brief description of world-wide air movements and the hydrologic water cycles of the weather, we read, "The wind blows to the south and turns to the north; round and round it goes, ever returning on its course. All streams flow into the sea, yet the sea is never full. To the place the streams come from, there they return again" (Ecclesiastes 1:6-7). In similar manner, Job 36:27-28 says, "He (God) draws up the drops of water, which distill into rain from the vapor; the clouds pour down their moisture and abundant showers fall on mankind," which is a statement from 1500 B.C. ---It wasn't until data and measurements were taken all over entire hemispheres of the globe in our modern era that such an understanding of the hydrologic cycle and world air-currents was achieved, and then once again, the Bible is confirmed as correct.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

It wasn't a non-answer, it isn't any of your business though WHAT I have, but, yes I have a mortgage, and I thank God that I was able to have a decent home over the heads of my children and myself. So, unless we wear rags and are homeless, we aren't truly a Christian now?

There you go then, you have a mortgage, seeing how mortgages run on average for 25 years, you clearly was not expecting jesus to come back and end the world within that period.

Now if you still have 5 years plus left on your mortgage then clearly these are not the end days, as only a dumb ass would put themselves and their families in debt to the "demon" Banks when the end the world is here.

So with a mortgage for a house comes buildings and contents insurance, are you seriously going to tell me that xtians need insurance? Why ? are xtians expecting another flood ?

No doubt your financial sensibilities run to a good pension to see you through your old age, and a sensible thing that is I agree.

But not if your an xtian, that seems like a dumbass thing to do, you know the world is coming to an end any moment and you go putting your hard earned wages into the "demon" Banks' " long term" pension plan.

And of course we cannot forget that when you take out a mortgage you normally have to shell out to the "demon" Banks for "Life Cover" .

Why in gods' name does a christian need life insurance ? does the yawehejesus god not take care of his own ?
Did he not say "Care not for the morrow ---?"

xcowman, you stoop to the most asinine levels in your quest to turn people against God.

I'm not trying to turn anyone against anything if that were true I would be conceding to the reality of what you claim I am trying to turn you against.

Just because I think your belief is a dumbass delusion and your gods are imaginary. This does not give me the right to try to deny you your right to believe what you will and live how you wish as long as that does not impinge upon me or my family.

I gotta tell you pal, someone needs to tell you, you are in very dangerous territory.

No I'm not, that's silly, I'm not afraid of your boogeyman that lives in the sky, besides jesus is supposed to be (according to many xtians) pure love and compassion. So if he did turn out to be a real god then he can show some compassion and forgive me.

Not believing in God is one thing, but the active blasphemy and antichrist spirit you are encouraging is painting you into a corner. I don't know what God will say to those who didn't openly profess Him yet didn't go out of their way to blaspheme Him. But someone like you who oozes antichrist, you are going to be in a real jam when asked why you spent your time to turn others away from Him also. Why do you do that? Explain your identity as one who hates God so much. Bring us up to date on how you came to this bitter place.

1 John

yeah yeah some people wrote some books to keep other people enslaved through fear , to an imaginary deity, been happening for centuries.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Since Genesis time there was no rain during the day, meaning the signs of rain would come when the stars were out. We know this because of the Noah event when the first rainbow was formed.

Oh, for goodness sake ! That's like claiming smurfs are real because the shoe makers elves get regular orders for soft little booties.

I wonder what colour a Smurf turns when you strangle it ?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

xcowman, you may not be aware of financial strategies, you most likely are a lifelong renter from what I can surmise, of course, that doesn't make you a bad person.

You can OWN a nice property for about half of what you would pay a landlord for the very same property. Does that make sense to you or do I need charts and graphs? Why would anyone pay a landlord, and put money in their pocket when they have excellent credit as I do, and could purchase? I could not care less whether I live 10 more years, 50, or even 1 more year, because I know better than I know the sun will rise tomorrow (it may rise and again, it may not) that Jesus Christ is Lord and when I leave this dumping ground earth I will be in Glory. But you do try, and you have imagination and I like that. Bless your heart.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Dude, why even respond? These types are very good at circular logic: T

Beats the hell out of stealing cars.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Let me continue by saying there is no danger whatsoever of you turning people like me against God The Father, but there are people out there struggling to find the truth and you are doing everything in your power to keep those type people from it. I have a feeling you are going to seriously regret that unless you repent and ask Christ into your heart. This spiritual battle you are in with Satan doesn't have to be the story of your life. You can find Christ and be a testimony against Satan. I think you would be one of the most successful evangelists if that were to happen. Do you know what being evangellized means? It means falling in love with Jesus Christ. Do you think we Christians are believing out of fear? You are wrong, so wrong. Of course I fear God, He is GOD for crying out loud, but as much or more than I fear God, I love His Precious Son with a love like you don't experience with anyone else. It is the one and only love in your life where you know without any doubt that He will never lie, betray, misuse your love and trust. You don't even have that with your own children or spouse. I pray you find it. It is a love that surpasses all understanding.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

xcowman, you may not be aware of financial strategies, you most likely are a lifelong renter from what I can surmise, of course,

You surmise totally wrong,

that doesn't make you a bad person.

I was led to believe that not believing in your yaweh jesus god makes me a bad person, not that I give a crap.

Does that make sense to you or do I need charts and graphs?

I'm pretty conversant with mortgages thanks, needles to say you have the insurance against god and a pension because you are confident that yaweh jesus isn't popping in till way pas your old an wrinkly time,

I could not care less whether I live 10 more years, 50, or even 1 more year, and when I leave this dumping ground earth I will be in Glory.

If glory is so important to you, why not kill yourself and go get your medal?

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Oh, for goodness sake ! That's like claiming smurfs are real because the shoe makers elves get regular orders for soft little booties.

I can't understand this mortgage non sense...what point are you trying to make? I can't see the difference between electricity bill, phone bill, or internet bill that I pay...some like power and phone are in debit due to the fact I have to use an amount for them to work out how much to charge me some are in credit due to a set amount...So a home loan is like rent, or power or.....So what if I had a 100 year loan if the accepted here at ats, dec 2012 dead line comes then whoo hoo I not only die, go to heaven, but I also dont have to pay any more loans....

The thing you forget we are all stuck here in earth, in a a human vessel, so too experience life and live then we ALL have to do certain things like eat, drink sleep...I dont want to sleep under a bridge...and if I want my little girls room pink and green then I dont want to ask a landlord if I'm allowed to paint.

Land ownership is some thing God gave us, as well as dominion over all the things on this earth. Due to evil we now have to pay for the gift God gave us.

Mate I rather not boast about anything I do, and I am not...I am explaining this is what you can do this is what I do...
but it's easy to give away clothes you dont wear..yer? rather than flogging off a old playstation on ebay why not give it to some kid some where in a country less fortunate than your own...etc this is not boasting it is just a very tiny example of things we all can do , rather than thinking OH it's too hard to help others and throw your hands in the air. The pair of footy boots I gave away would be super special to some one that is lucky to have shoes.

as to the smurfs...LOL

.. for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth,...

But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Your science is as infallible as us humans, and theories developed as fact are being disproved by scientists all the these modern days, and in turn providing more evidence that the Bible is right....

Even some of the more seemingly more whacked out theories like altered DNA by alien sources etc is all in the bible....
They are the FALLEN ANGELS, NEPHILIM that took (Gods perfect man), daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

The book of Jasher, which is mentioned in the Bible in Joshua 10:13 and 2 Samuel 1.18 says, "After the fallen angels went into the daughters of men, taught the mixture of animals of one species with the other, in order to provoke the Lord"

(4:18). The Book of Enoch says that fallen angels not only merged their DNA with women, but that "they began to sin against birds, and beasts, and reptiles, and fish" (7:5; 6)

Again any form of religion is bad....
Christ was against the Pharisees and their religious ways too!

[edit on 14-7-2009 by 297GT]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

If I was drinking a glass of milk, that would have made it come out my nose, LOL!
There was no rain during the day... we know this because... signs... nighttime... rainbows... MUST... MAINTAIN... FANTASY.... (* neck begins to smoke and spark, head explodes*)

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

. Due to evil we now have to pay for the gift God gave us.

Many (but not all) xtians maintain that right now this very moment is the end times and jesus is coming any minute to destroy the earth (not all maintain that bit) and kill me according to prophesy.

So the prophesies relate to now and I should tske my kids to church and get them wet before jesus comes any minute.

The same people that are claiming this and looking forward to my demise, for some reason have or are taking out 25 year mortgages with life cover and buildings insurance.

Needless to say, one would not expect an xtian who is protected by the juju of a deity to need insurance, and clearly yaweh jeseus can't becoming as they wouldn't be dumb enough to hand over their money to the evil banks when they could buy a church bus and spread the word.

I also find it somewhat amusing that xtians go around claiming that praying to jesus causes miracles and heals the sick etc. Yet these very same people are struggling to pay Iluminati health insurance.

You got to be a right demented bastard to tell my children that they should go to church and watch the pastor cure a cripple but still pay health insurance to the very people that are claimed to be working for the devil.

I see very little difference in xtian reasoning and that of Smurf reasoning, other than Smurf do not claim to have any place in reality.

Humans have found that replacing ordinary word with the term "smurf" at random is not enough: in one adventure, Peewit explains to some other humans that the statement "I'm smurfing to the smurf" means "I'm going to the wood", but a Smurf corrects him by saying that the proper statement would be "I'm smurfing to the smurf", whereas what Peewit said was "I'm warbling to the dawn". So "I'm smurfing to the smurf" is not the same as "I'm smurfing to the smurf

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

LOL!! Hysterical man! If I go to a church, I don't want to see some preacher make a cripple walk... too easy to fake. I wanna see him crack some old bitty in the forehead and shout... "YOU CAN FLY!"

And if grandma proceeds to hover about the room I'll take back everything I said, lol.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Angus123]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
We know ancient earth had a rich atmosphere because today scientists think so through various tests which they say caused the dinosaurs and other plant life to grow a lot bigger, it was a different environment then and maybe with Genesis when comparing notes have more in common in terms of previous earth climates. Things lived longer and so did humans then because unlike today the earth was more stable and cleaner.

But the Bible does not find that the most important subject, us humans are the focus and our salvation not how the mechanics of the earth works even though there are some clues in there it is not there to interfere with our own progress it seems to help us technologically, not even God agreed with the tower of Babel, it was not a rocket but a portel to heaven and earth which was againsts God's plan and far too early for mankind to activate.

People can try and explain here on this thread but the only people that want to be here are people who agree with the threads title and in a way it is sometimes better for those to discuss it who agree to find out for them selves, I am sure there are plenty of opposite topics to this thread too so I am not bothered by the negativity, just broading the conversation.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Great! The UK is rejecting Christ and replacing Christianity with soccer hooliganism.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

mate i am unsure what a xtian is or jeessus, I have less idea why anyone would try and have an half intelligent conversation with a some one who is a either a child or a adult child.
Stop trying to be funny because you fail, the surf nonsense is dribble that makes you look like a fool.
Rather than debate a single topic you are constantly change tack and target the individual...with provoking obnoxious dribble.
Keep fishing bro you wont catch much with out a hook.

Instead of being an arrogant obnoxious insulting hateful soul once you give you life to God you could be an strong positive loving influential leader.....

as to your mate the back slapper, dude forgive...it's the only way you will be free. Forgiveness doesn't mean it's a magic pill that allows you to forget the things that passed, but allows you to cut the ties that bind you and free you from that time and move on.
it is obvious to me that you still harbor great hurt and resentment to your parents...they only acted they way they were conditioned to, while their acts are awful you need to be bigger than that and honor them (and by honor I mean the biblical meaning of honor, -research it-) and not reciprocate the same errors they did to your future.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Great! The UK is rejecting Christ and replacing Christianity with soccer hooliganism.

many xtians act no better than soccer hooligans and amny hooligans happen to be xtian.

Check out my new signature, it's an excerpt from a U2U sent to me by a nice xtian suffering from Fragile Faith Syndrome (thanks Jax for that).

Needless to say he also claims to be a "true christian" as I recall

You are obviously unaware that unlike what xtianity has had a habit of doing, a football hooligan will never try and beat you to death in order to make you support their team.

Not once in my life ha a Milwall supporter knocked my door trying to raise money for a new stadium roof.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join