It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is finished in the UK "Well thank god for that!"

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DASFEX
The word, relationship suggests more of an intimate knowledge of between a woman and a man,. Being a person who doesn't take relationships with woman lightly I make sure I know who I am getting involved with and once I am committed to her,, all other woman I used to see, have lunch with, go out with an all that, are now kept at a distance where its strictly business if at work and if I am out or meet with a woman I used to be friends with, appearances can be taken the wrong way by the woman I am in a relationship with so I don't meet woman unless I am with another friend or colleague. If I go out with my girl friend and run into an old fling ex-girl friend etc,. I am cordial stay on topics of good roads good weather etc,. and gtg. That is what I meant by "guarded”.

I guess I'm confused with this statement.

I understand appearances can be taken the wrong way, but just because you have a girlfriend doesn't mean you should isolate yourself from all other females. That almost seems unhealthy. If they are a friend, they are just that, the sex of the person shouldn't matter. I have a few really good female friends and I would never give them up because of the way it "looks" to someone, they are no different than my guy friends. I also wouldn't expect my girlfriend to give up her guy friends, that's controlling.

I dunno, maybe you and I have a huge age difference and that's why I disagree with you.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123 reply to post by DASFEX

If you were straight you'd have never posted a long winded effeminate screed like that, lol.
Oh mate, did I lol? How I did! Star + Friend + I'm adding that to the "Classic Quotes" burial ground

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

You are actually agreeing with me - we have differences of opinion, differences of beliefs, differences of colour, differences or every sort and yet we should be united.

This is why our world will end - because humanity is so divided, and because humanity hates each other.

I cannot believe how dumb we are.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

This is why our world will end - because humanity is so divided, and because humanity hates each other.
I cannot believe how dumb we are.
Yeah, & some ideas, like religion for eg, are more divisive & dumber than others. Hence pointing this out is the only way to diminish their hold on humanity & strive for acceptance & cooperation.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

I find your signature offensive...

Why ?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

Can you tell me what I do that you hate....you don't even know me or ANYTHING I do.

Can you tell me that you do not worship a deity that would have a child killed for misbehaving ?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

The only faith that I know of that is not a religion is true Christianity....!!!

Can you define true christianity please, many people claim to be true christians here on ATS, but I've yet to be enlightened to what it actually is.

Do you just speak for yourself or do you also speak for all others claiming to be true christians ?

On what authority is the title "true Chrsitian actually obtained ?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

I can say to some one who is living wrong that it is not in there best interest

Not only is someone else s way of life none of your business, but that fact that you claim it to be "wrong" is but your opinion based on you believing the dogma within, ancient edited manuscripts written by other men claiming their writings to be the words of a deity.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

Why does 2 human beings having their lips touching make your skin crawl ?

Your religion puts a great wait into how it is a religion of love for fellow man, yet when 2 men display their affection it makes your skin crawl !! ?

According to scriptures jesus spent the night with a naked young man why does that not make your skin crawl ?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
I guess you will hate Muslims next since they seem to be on the rise there and soon you will have to abide by sharia law.

You will be begging God for Christians once the Muslim extremists take over.

Thats the thing... we need to focus our message on the eradication of all authoritarian religions. Be your own God... Mao was right... Religion is poison... Organized religion anyway

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Cool. If there is no God, I don't need to put up with jackasses I hate any more. The Law of the Jungle will prevail and I think I would like that very much.

Originally posted by Awolscout
Well I guess some good came out the recession now If we could just get people in america to throw out their mythology we'd be good to go and my family wouldn't throw bibles at me anymore, I mean literally throw them at me by the way

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Good grief what an ignoramus.

Why don't you read your history before you try to recite it?

And if you believe Wikipedia as a font of truth then you really are

Originally posted by Atlantican
It was founded out of contempt for basic christian morals, adultery and murder. It wouldn't exist if those needs of a certain king were not required.

Shhhhhhhhhh ... don't remind them of that!

Church of England's Official History According to Wiki

The Church of England traces its formal corporate history from the 597 Gregorian mission, stresses its continuity and identity with the primitive universal Western church, and notes the consolidation of its particular independent and national character in the post-Reformation events of Tudor England, and confirmed by the restoration of the monarchy in 1660.

[edit on 7/6/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It's funny. You pretend to hate authoritarian "religions" but you are not in the least inhibited from making demands on everyone else.

That's the point of you people, isn't it? You are simply envious of those in authority and power because, in your mind, it ought to be yourself.

Well I say "God Speed" because you'll be a high quality target on the day you are in charge.

Won't that be an entertaining scene?

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by DASFEX

Why does 2 human beings having their lips touching make your skin crawl ?

Your religion puts a great wait into how it is a religion of love for fellow man, yet when 2 men display their affection it makes your skin crawl !! ?

According to scriptures jesus spent the night with a naked young man why does that not make your skin crawl ?

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
you will see it fall and get your wish dont worry its in the bible, yes kill anything that has love and forgiveness ask yourself why you hate this... your being led like a child.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This would be WONDERFUL if this happened in america and EVERY CHURCH was shut down. I would celebrate and have a month long party. (I obviously don't like religion). No I don't just not like religion, I will come right out and say I HATE ALL RELIGION!

And its not just christians and catholics, I don't like ANY religion (except buddhism, but that isnt really a religion, more of a philosophy, and it makes the most sense to me out of every "religion" it doesn't preach a bunch of intolerance and hate for others)

All of you religious people are following some corrupt ancient text (the bible) and it disgusts me. And the thing that MOST bugs me about you guys is most of you pick and choose what to apply to your life out of the bible.

Is that how religion works nowadays? You can pick and choose what to believe and what to follow? I think not. I think none of you are "true" christians unless you live your life COMPLETELY by the bible. And I am pretty damn sure none of you do.

Actually no, thats not what most bugs me, what most bugs me is you guys who PREACH YOUR VIEWS TO EVERYONE! You guys who tell people they are going to burn in hell just because they don't believe in your god, you guys who say gays are abominations, you people who say black peoples skin is a physical manifestation of a "sin" whatever the hell that means (I have seen people say this).

Those are REALLY the people that disgust me. I hope I am still alive the days your guys' little precious religion disolves into nothing.

God DASFEX, you really need to calm the hell down. You seem like such a high strung angry individual. I am seriously worried for you, you are going to have a heart attack over something you read on ats one day I think. lmao.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

[edit on 13-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

reply to post by 297GT

I can say to some one who is living wrong that it is not in there best interest

Not only is someone else s way of life none of your business, but that fact that you claim it to be "wrong" is but your opinion based on you believing the dogma within, ancient edited manuscripts written by other men claiming their writings to be the words of a deity.

apart from your other 50 post replies...LOL

Can I ask what have you done or are dong to help some one else in this world that is in need?

We all know the difference between right and wrong..it is like breathing.

Just one example....
I had a mate that robbed 7-11's to feed his habit...I CAN and did say to him with complete safety that htis is wrong - stupid but I didn't not judge him...is actions were a by product of of lots of things....yes it was wrong, but only he could stop is habit and thus change his actions.
there was another occasion that a girl I worked with used to play around on her boyfriend and even she said he didnt deserve it, but she just enjoyed screwing around....but after he said no more she became a super bitch and held the kids as a ransom to get one over him....Now I couldnt careless about her lifestyle but I CAN and DID safely say to her that her behavior and actions was harming their kids and she should not use these innocent little things like chips on a poker table...I didnt judge her she was a good person that had issues from her childhood......
I had another friend who use to spend like there was no tommorow...got in massive debt...I can and did say that they should stop and think of putting food on her childs table before buy new this and that and even offered to buy out her debt to keep her child in her custody and safe....

As you can see there is just 3 examples...there is hundreds more....but like every other agnostic zealot you would presume what I was referring to was homosexuality, abortion and the such...

No I dont agree with homosexuality, but it's not for me to stop any one I had one flat mate hang himself after contracting hiv, I lived with a 55 old man and his 18old boyfriend, I even told them I dont agree with their lifestyle...And again it's none of my business to judge them...they actually respected the fact I told them and how I still accepted them unconditionally as friends.
I dont agree with abortion...it's just so brutal, if you have ever seen a baby dismembered and hacked to pieces as it is removed or sucked out, it would make you sick. But if a woman is raped and has this procedure, then I can totally understand...if it;s used as birth control then its just sicking...but again lump love on these people rather than hate and religious judgment.

There is to much to say, back to you but your eyes are closed and your own ranting is louder than your ability to listen...Ego is to proud to bend, but trust me, there will come a day where you will weep when you see all the road blocks that God put in front of you to understand, and in your benevolent ways jumped side stepped and smashed thru, and see the pure and utter hatred you spewed along the way over people... I only hope the day your eyes open come before it's too late for you.

Although you will see this as a victory, I wont reply any further to this thread as my time is much more valuable than debating truth vs your hatred.

You dont hate me but you hate what I do...
like offering help to the needy, feeding the hungry and clothing the poor...and offering support to people than need some...and donating lots of money... even though I am not 'wealthy'

OK...you win!

My most religious thing I do is watch the F1. and have my morning coffee.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 297GT

I note with interest you ddidn't (or couldn't) answer the questions I asked you, which speaks volumes.

This however, is not out of charcater with many xtians, yap yap yap like nasty little terriers at ones ankles then runaway.

The sad thing is you have to threaten me with your god before you run away, let's thank the god of reason that people like you no longer have bigger guns or you'd probably revert to the time honoured xtian tradition of killing people to make them partake in your delusion.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The day Aliens introduce themselves will be the day religion is finished.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by knell1906

I don't think so mate, there's many a deluded xtian claiming that aliens (that's right some claim their real) are demons.

Needless to say, many people currently claim they are in contact with aliens are considered delusional, and amazingly I heard xtians try and incorporate this delusion into their own

Xtianity is a make it up as you go along religion, so if ET showed up and he's a good guy, then he's obviously a messenger from god whether he likes it or not.

If he turns out to be the bad guy, then the big xtian finger wagging starts along with the "I told you so" and "This is the end prepare for jesus"

Insecure bald monkeys will always worship something, no doubt an ET that is advanced enough to get here will know this, and may well take advantage of the bald monkeys' handicap.

Who knows ET may have already done so thousands of years ago which gave rise to religion to being with.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by knell1906

I don't think so mate, there's many a deluded xtian claiming that aliens (that's right some claim their real) are demons.

Needless to say, many people currently claim they are in contact with aliens are considered delusional, and amazingly I heard xtians try and incorporate this delusion into their own

Xtianity is a make it up as you go along religion, so if ET showed up and he's a good guy, then he's obviously a messenger from god whether he likes it or not.

If he turns out to be the bad guy, then the big xtian finger wagging starts along with the "I told you so" and "This is the end prepare for jesus"

Insecure bald monkeys will always worship something, no doubt an ET that is advanced enough to get here will know this, and may well take advantage of the bald monkeys' handicap.

Who knows ET may have already done so thousands of years ago which gave rise to religion to being with.

My parents were fundies dude, and since I was a small boy they insisted that aliens and UFO's were real... but they were demons trying to trick us into thinking they're from another planet.

I fear if contact ever does come, the xians and others like them will see their crutch of religion kicked out from under them.

And trust me... they will go to ANY lengths to prevent that and maintain their deluded beliefs. Even though... deep deep down... they know it isn't true.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join