It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is finished in the UK "Well thank god for that!"

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

They reveal, in a nutshell an angry guy who seems unable to give it a rest already

Well now you've noticed I'm pissed of and won't be giving it a rest, well it wasn't exactly a secret now was it ?

The big difference with us though is that I can stop being pissed off just by slightly adjusting how I feel about something.

You on the other hand cannot not matter how hard you try and persuade yourself you can.

You have a book that for whatever reason, you choose to believe it's contents, said contents instruct you to act and think in a certain way. Should you not act and think in a certain way, then you will suffer in a certain way.

You cannot walk away from your belief, not through love but through fear. It is fear that binds you to your belief system.

I on the other hand don't believe what you do, so Io can more or less experiment with opinions that I create about ideas.

I can change my opinions as often as I want to suit the evidence that presents itself at the time.

Tomorrow I may decide to accept what you believe as true, so what would I have lost up until that point ? Well nothing of course as I've lived a very happy life and I've yet to meet a christian that is having a better time of it than me.

So clearly, not believing what you do has had no negative impact upon my life, you believing what you do does have a negative impact on my life should you try and force your belief upon me, which you would clearly try and do.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
The only downside to all this are many who awaken from the grasp of religion kill themselves. I know two people who gave everything to religion and when they woke up and had that epiphany that they were conned.. they took their own lives.

Sad to here of these dudes you speak of taking their own lives that must bee total despair.

The closest I can get to understanding their plight was my experience with Amway.

What a mind funk that was, my skeptical critical nature saved my arse from some serious head problems with that cult, although some of my friends didn't get off so lightly and took a long time to recover, if at all.

It is so sad that xtianity is so insecure about itself that it has to force itself on the most vulnerable people.It would be interesting to see the results of a study that observed college graduates that had no contact with xtianity and whether they'd join the cult after investigating it thoroughly .

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

HAH HAH, Christian Britain, has never been alive. You pathetic anti -Christs still havent got a clue whats going on. You God haters and God mockers are on your stinking last legs, and I thank God for that.

They remove Christ from Christmas and made it Xmas, they're now removing Christ from Christianity and making it xianity. You can't just cross out the creator of the very universe chap. Your in for a very rud awakening, when you will go spiralling of into outer darkness like a spinning X for eterinity.

I don't hate anti-X eemmm, nah X that yes I do!!!

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Imago Dei]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

I can change my opinions as often as I want to suit the evidence that presents itself at the time.

You on the other hand cannot not matter how hard you try and persuade yourself you can.

Ha ha reverse psychology now? Ha ha ha Whether I can or not, I think YOU have a bigger problem with that than I ever will. Since you can't change me, I guess Ill just have to keep watching you piss yourself off with what us Christians think and believe

I can stop being pissed off just by slightly adjusting how I feel about something.

ok

You cannot walk away from your belief, not through love but through fear. It is fear that binds you to your belief system.

ok

I on the other hand don't believe what you do, so Io can more or less experiment with opinions that I create about ideas.

ok

Tomorrow I may decide to accept what you believe as true, so what would I have lost up until that point ? Well nothing of course as I've lived a very happy life and I've yet to meet a christian that is having a better time of it than me.

Better time at what? ranting and raving on internet boards in a terminal hissy fit because you can't accept the fact their are people who are differen't than you while you continue to whine and bitch about some imaginary "child" you claim is being forced to worship the christian god without your approval so they offer to take her out of the alleged toxic study class and then you bitch about her being discriminated against because she has been separated at your request.

So what do you do about it? You declare harrassment on all Christians on ATS as if that is going to resolve anything at your school. You don't hire an attorney, you don't talk to any kind of community advocate, you continue to send your alleged "Child" to the school regardless of the perceived unacceptable conditions and you wonder why no one has any sympathy for you?

You don't choose to take her out of that school or home school the alleged "Child" you just take out your pvt problems on people here.

And you say you're having a good time while you blame Christians for everything in your whole miserable life.

Ok

On my worst day, I am having more fun than that.

So clearly, not believing what you do has had no negative impact upon my life, you believing what you do does have a negative impact on my life should you try and force your belief upon me, which you would clearly try and do.

Wow, let me get this straight, YOU not believing what I do, has no negative effect on your life. While what I think, is having all kinds of bad effects on your life? Is this sort of like voodoo? Should I take the pins out of my moocow'smad doll?

I thought you said you were having more fun than I am? HA HA HA

I got some advice for you moo,

BE AT CAUSE

[edit on 10-7-2009 by DASFEX]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imago Dei

...You can't just cross out the creator of the very universe chap. Your in for a very rud awakening, when you will go spiralling of into outer darkness like a spinning X for eterinity.

Well it could be worse. I could end up in Heaven with all the XIANS.
So given that option... I'll take what's behind door #2. I hope it's RUD!

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Angus123]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imago Dei

HAH HAH, Christian Britain, has never been alive. You pathetic anti -Christs still havent got a clue whats going on. You God haters and God mockers are on your stinking last legs, and I thank God for that.

They remove Christ from Christmas and made it Xmas, they're now removing Christ from Christianity and making it xianity. You can't just cross out the creator of the very universe chap. Your in for a very rud awakening, when you will go spiralling of into outer darkness like a spinning X for eterinity.

I don't hate anti-X eemmm, nah X that yes I do!!!

Jesus was creator of the universe? Have you even read the book outlining your belief system or are you just that uneducated?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

My husband and I are Christian, yet we rarely attend church. Attending church and having fellowship with others is something we enjoy, but it isn't mandatory. The main reason for our lack of attendance is the economy, we simply cannot afford to go to the church of our choice.

For many it isn't so much their faith in Christianity that is failing but their faith in the church and its ability to continue on the proper path. Once a church starts deviating and allowing things that have always been taboo, it's only right that the people should turn away from it.

See ya,
Shea

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by StaringBack

Jesus was creator of the universe? Have you even read the book outlining your belief system or are you just that uneducated?

You tell em guy, I mean anyone who is "THAT" uneducated, it is a foregone conclusion they haven't read "outlining your belief system"

PfffT Ill bet 99% of the people on this board never read it, are they all uneducated too?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheaWolf

My husband and I are Christian, yet we rarely attend church. Attending church and having fellowship with others is something we enjoy, but it isn't mandatory. The main reason for our lack of attendance is the economy, we simply cannot afford to go to the church of our choice.

For many it isn't so much their faith in Christianity that is failing but their faith in the church and its ability to continue on the proper path. Once a church starts deviating and allowing things that have always been taboo, it's only right that the people should turn away from it.

See ya,
Shea

EXACTLY! I left my church when it started becoming politically correct. Moo here thinks just because the pews are empty means they are giving up there faith. NO they are giving up the liberals running the church who think having tolerance was a good idea. Well those who were asking we be more tolerant were the most intolerant of us and wasn't working anyway. The big mistake is we haven't been fundamentalist ENOUGH! and need to remove all our kids from public schools enmasse and let geration x's generation next the children of the grave continue to learn all about transgenderism, contemporary gays sex lifestyles in, regular visits abd guest speakers from planned parenthood, while they coninue to sell methamphetamines and xtasy thinking we all came from the primordial slime and that life is just what we observe in nature and if ya see a monkey doin it in public, we know its ok for us to do too.

Online church's are growing exponentially and what is really encouragiing is we are seeing people being led to Christ this way where a drive to a church infront of a big crowd wasn't working out for these kids but the online churchs they like. The Church of england was always Bogus Christianity, now that it is dying, maybe it won't stand in the way of real progress spreading the word of the lord in the U.K. like we were never able before.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I would certainly care about people and animals.

I am what you might call a bleeding heart. I feel other people's and animals' suffering deeply. And it is not nice.

I have joined Jesus simply because He cares about everyone and everything.

It is not an easy road.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DASFEX

You tell em guy, I mean anyone who is "THAT" uneducated, it is a foregone conclusion they haven't read "outlining your belief system"

PfffT Ill bet 99% of the people on this board never read it, are they all uneducated too?

You just took me way out of context.

He called us non-believers "pathetic", when he doesn't even have the facts straight on his own beliefs.

I was merely pointing out the fact that according to his beliefs, God created the universe, not Jesus. I refuse to be called "pathetic" by someone who doesn't even understand fundamental things about his religion.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

I was merely pointing out the fact that according to his beliefs, God created the universe, not Jesus. I refuse to be called "pathetic" by someone who doesn't even understand fundamental things about his religion.

I'm just butting in... but in Christian theology, God is a Trinitarian entity. Jesus, as part of the Trinity, existed eternally, the same as the "Father" and "Spirit". It is meaningless to make a distinction between Jesus and God in this way. Jesus was there, one God, creator (big bang, continual sustainer, whatever way it all happened). Christian theology puts Jesus at the creation as well.

Refs:
John 1
John 17:24
Colossians 1:16-17

Not trying to argue a point, but am making clear that there is no internal contradiction in the statement made that you have decided to ridicule.

Cheers.

Rob.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DASFEX

You just took me way out of context.

He called us non-believers "pathetic", when he doesn't even have the facts straight on his own beliefs.

Ahh I stand corrected with my apologies

- Das

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by d60944

I'm just butting in... but in Christian theology, God is a Trinitarian entity. Jesus, as part of the Trinity, existed eternally, the same as the "Father" and "Spirit". It is meaningless to make a distinction between Jesus and God in this way. Jesus was there, one God, creator (big bang, continual sustainer, whatever way it all happened). Christian theology puts Jesus at the creation as well.

Refs:
John 1
John 17:24
Colossians 1:16-17

Not trying to argue a point, but am making clear that there is no internal contradiction in the statement made that you have decided to ridicule.

Cheers.

Rob.

When you say "Christian Theology", you assume that all Christians hold value or importance in the Trinity. The Trinity is just another detail of Christianity that not all Christians can agree upon. So while what you say may be true in his case, it also may not be.

In a literal sense, could you point me to the part of the Bible that says that Jesus created the universe? Regardless if Jesus was "there" in some sort of spiritual or non-physical way, it was God who created the universe, not Jesus. There is a distinction, otherwise Jesus wouldn't be the son of God.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by StaringBack]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I cannot believe that anyone took their l

life because of religion.

How very sad, and how wasted.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

I cannot believe that anyone took their l

life because of religion.

How very sad, and how wasted.

C'mon guy, you never heard of a suicide bomber? What do you think they are doing that over? Religions are philosophical worldviews. The Christian religion doesn't endorse suicide but I know of two cases where the guys committed suicide because they just couldn't face life in there new delusional state of materialism.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

Yes, religion has deluded multitudes of people.

Jesus isn't about that. He gets damned, but He shouldn't.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

By the way, if you can't tell I am a woman, may the Lord help you in your relationships with women.

How dumb is that? You think that a man would be so sensitive?

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

But it doesn't take much to be Christian. Just going to Church every Sunday, have a Holy Bible, and pray/think hard of God.

Not everyone who goes to church is a Christian.

And for the non believer, why oh why do so many equate belief in the Christian God with personal sanctity? It is not the believer who is without sin! I find church goers who proclaim to 'be good' to be very distasteful.

We are all flawed! Whatever our beliefs.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Oh yes!

A lot of churchgoers are total hypocrites.

And a lot of simple people are protected by angels.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join