It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity is finished in the UK "Well thank god for that!"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

I, nor God, didn't say that a woman having her period was a bad or evil thing. I didn't say that being dirty was a bad thing. Dirt isn't bad.
Look, you've got dirt coming out of your vag! Excellent!
Poor sophistry...

Leviticus
15:19 And if a woman have an issue, and the issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even.
15:20-26 Blah blah blah... Anything she touches, anyone who touches her, or what she touched is unclean.
& what are we to make of the notion that this uncleanliness persists even after washing, other than that it means spiritually unclean & hence a lot worse than merely having dirt upon one's pants?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

Blame god for that too!
ha ha ha my my my there are no words.
Sadly there were quite a lot & since a great deal of them referenced something you didn't even name or link to, they made little sense.
Btw, I don't blame your god for christianity. I blame you. Not just you obviously. You christians are collectively, ie jointly & severally, responsible for its continuing existance & thus for the damage to every young child from here on who has their potential warped by your wilfully ignorant creed.
Oh how I long for the day when christianity really is dead & tho I'll probably be dead myself by then, its good to know that humanity will be that much closer to healing the wounds carried forward into each new generation by religion.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

I realize they are many who have claimed this about UFO's but when it comes to truth, the truth is, I just may be wrong and they may be right.

Believers of the UFO phenomenon don't infiltrate schools, and steadily indoctrinate children by drip method, into believing that should they not enter into dialogue with a "grey" that this particular alien will roast them in a a fire for all eternity.

I've yet to have (or even hear of) a Ufologist (for want of a better proper noun) who happens to be a teacher, tell my child that Klatu is the creator of the universe. Should my child not accept what the teacher has to say about Klatu then Klatu will kill my child.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

ha ha ah he even has a point by point profile of the "Typical Christian" and oh of course we are all stupid and depressed or needing a crutch etc. Hasn't man always done things like that to people they were about to genocide?

What is of particular interest, is that the first reference to genocide would appear to be the bibles accounts, of the Jesus god committing this very act.

Indeed, you may correct me if I'm mistaken but should I visit any library in search of the history of genocide , the earliest incident of the repugnant act was committed by the Yahweh Jesus god.

It would appear that the first mass killer of humans was the alleged creator of humans, the Jesus god, who apparently developed quite a taste for human blood.

It would also appear that this compassionate loving entity, was not satisfied with it's own blood lust, but would appear to relish in genocidal voyeurism, by instructing a select few humans to slaughter other humans en mass .

It's only quality that could be imaginatively stretched to be considered redeeming, Was to have its' accomplices in mass murder, spare little girls for later raping and subjugation and slavery.

And you would really think my children should be introduced to this ?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Believers of the UFO phenomenon don't infiltrate schools, and steadily indoctrinate children by drip method, into believing that should they not enter into dialogue with a "grey" that this particular alien will roast them in a a fire for all eternity.

whats that got to do with your double standards moocow. I don't believe a word you say anymore you have proven you're completely oblivious to the truth and no nothing about what anyone teaches. It's what YOU teach that is dangerous as you mock up images of Christians in some dungeonesque gothic church basement plannning our next door to door trac delivery waterboarding everyone into the faith using a speculum to keep there mouth open while we shove the bible down their throats like you teach your daughter about us.

I've yet to have (or even hear of) a Ufologist (for want of a better proper noun) who happens to be a teacher, tell my child that Klatu is the creator of the universe.

You're saying Christians teach klatu is the creator of the universe? WE don't teach that either moocowman so again get some education and quit talking like you think you know what you're talking about because you don't and sarcasm makes for a bad replacement to cover it up.

Should my child not accept what the teacher has to say about Klatu then Klatu will kill my child.

You can't keep your own BS straight moocowmad, you just said they don't preach about klatu let alone believe in it.

Do you ever get around to a logical mature discussion or is trying to piss people off all you know how to do?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

What is of particular interest, is that the first reference to genocide would appear to be the bibles accounts, of the Jesus god committing this very act.

Indeed, you may correct me if I'm mistaken but should I visit any library in search of the history of genocide , the earliest incident of the repugnant act was committed by the Yahweh Jesus god.

It would appear that the first mass killer of humans was the alleged creator of humans, the Jesus god, who apparently developed quite a taste for human blood.

It would also appear that this compassionate loving entity, was not satisfied with it's own blood lust, but would appear to relish in genocidal voyeurism, by instructing a select few humans to slaughter other humans en mass .

It's only quality that could be imaginatively stretched to be considered redeeming, Was to have its' accomplices in mass murder, spare little girls for later raping and subjugation and slavery.

And you would really think my children should be introduced to this ?

I kinda doubt you even havde any kids moocowman I am getting the idea you only use that as an excuse to justify your bitter angry disgusting hateful rants and you think you will garner more understanding but seeing how you have no intention of knowing anything more than that crap you have insisted on spreading regardless many here have explained how very wrong your understanding is.

I mean what do you care what it says about genocide when you don't believe in God anyway. If he is real and does exist then the rest of the bible would be true and as it says, the reason for said genocide. At least he had a reason and I'd say who are you to tell him he is wrong. If you knew the truth you would understand what it was he was killing.

Murdering someone and killing someone are two differen't things madcow but I know you don't want to hear about that. You only like the stuff you can scare the b'jesus out of your alleged child with whenever the witness you preaching your anti christ hatred

[edit on 8-7-2009 by DASFEX]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
reply to post by DASFEX

Blame god for that too!
ha ha ha my my my there are no words.
Sadly there were quite a lot & since a great deal of them referenced something you didn't even name or link to, they made little sense.
Btw, I don't blame your god for christianity. I blame you. Not just you obviously. You christians are collectively, ie jointly & severally, responsible for its continuing existance & thus for the damage to every young child from here on who has their potential warped by your wilfully ignorant creed.
Oh how I long for the day when christianity really is dead & tho I'll probably be dead myself by then, its good to know that humanity will be that much closer to healing the wounds carried forward into each new generation by religion.

I have no idea what kind of experience you have had with Christians but Ill take a Christian leader a Christian President , a Christian co-worker boss, scientist, lawyer over any militant athesist with issues likek you and your embellished bibliobigotry spits out in total ignorance and denial of the truth. You think we're abusing our kids? Call CPS or get off the yellow accusation if you don't have the guts to report such an egregious act knowing it is happening makes you just as guilty being complicit in your intimate knowledge of such a crime in our homes.

Its about the most personal ad-hom attack I see neo-atheist's make but like fox holes, you never do a thing about it, you won't go there and the excuses they use are even more asinine than the original inflamatory allegation . Yeah, I'm calling your bluff on such a outrageous and offensive allegation. Is this your idea of a civil discourse guy? Telling people they are child abusers? got any proof? Call the police if you think that because if I ever thought that someone was abusing there kids, I wouldn't talk about it, I'd do something about it.

Otherwise, its all talk if you catch my drift

SR

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
But of course you would, it's natural for people to associate with like minded people in order to validate their existence and beliefs and everyday ''operating systems'' legitamacity.

An old saying; ''water finds it's own level''

It goes for everyone.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SR
But of course you would, it's natural for people to associate with like minded people in order to validate their existence and beliefs and everyday ''operating systems'' legitamacity.

An old saying; ''water finds it's own level''

It goes for everyone.

Better tell them about gravity son, that is what causes water to find it's own level. The water just goes where the Gravity forces it to go in the path of least resistance

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
reply to post by octotom

Dirt is dirty. God would say that dirt causes one to be dirty. Just as blood makes a rag dirty
No, just as dirt makes a thing dirty, blood makes a rag bloody. Leave it lying around & it will become a health hazard, @which point, yes dirty, filthy etc. The same as the flesh of dead animals. Leave it lying around it becomes a health hazard, filth etc. Do you eat flesh? Call it filth as a general term?
To stigmatise menstrual blood with the generalisations "dirty" or "filthy" is to denegrate a natural bodily function & cannot but induce shame in one undergoing that function, which she can't help, thus it is misogynistic.

He was assuming you had the common sense to get the point and getting the point using common sense is why a bloody rag is soiled, dirty, no longer clean, it isn't important what is on it to have to redefine it in its now unclean state. The fact this subject is about the blood from a menstruating woman conventional wisdom and half a wit would have us assume it is dirty because there is blood on it.

It doesn't denegrate a natural body function anymore than wiping your butt does with toilet paper and calling the paper dirty because it's referring to the paper just like octo, was in the rag example. So quit using your twisted interpretation so desperate to win an argument so bad you have to make a mountain out of a mole hill

Talk about splitting hairs

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

I'm amazed how you can imagine how a bodily function can be considered to be dirty by that which created it.

I am surprised you didn't know that there were many Ancient tribal taboos including coming in contact with a menstruating women

In Hinduism, where rules of untouchability could be vast and complex, bleeding women were expected to avoid worship, cooking, and members of their own family through restrictions that were precisely proscribed; according to the Vendidad (16.4), a woman in her menses "should keep fifteen paces from fire, fifteen from water … and three paces from a holy man."

Read more: science.jrank.org...&C

The respect of taboos is one of the things common to all humans. Taboos are found everywhere, and are always aimed at preventing some form of perceived danger or misfortune. There are, however, different types of taboos, and I will focus in this article on taboos which are linked with productive activities in sub-Saharan Africa. Although I believe that the argument developed in this article could be extended elsewhere, I will limit the analysis to this region, which I know best. All over sub-Saharan Africa, most traditional productive activities (i.e. ironworking, (1) pottery making, (2) beer brewing or wine tapping, (3) agriculture, (4) rain making, (5) cooking, (6) cattle herding, (7) house building, (8) salt making, (9) hunting (10) or waging war, (11) etc.) are incompatible with menstruating women, sexual relations and pregnant women. Taboos usually aim at keeping productive activities apart from men and women in contact with menstrual blood, sex or pregnancy. Those who break the taboos not only threaten the success of the activity (the hunt or iron smelting might fail, the beer, wine or milk might turn sour or stop producing, the pots might break when they are fired, etc.) but endanger themselves (the hunter may be attacked or killed by a wild animal, a pregnant woman may miscarry, a menstruating woman may suffer from amenorrhoea, a man may lose his potency, etc.) As can be seen, the consequences of a breach of a taboo do not always affect the person at fault, but may threaten the innocent (such as a hunter whose life is endangered by the careless behaviour of a menstruating woman, for example). Such taboos are not the result of social conventions; there are no 'police' to enforce them. There is no moral consideration, either, no judgement in terms of 'good' or 'bad'. The sanction is automatic and has a mystical, not a social, nature (although social sanctions can reinforce mystical ones). Finally, although taboos are linked with 'boundary crossing', there is no aspect of contagion. People who break a taboo, and the people or activity affected by the action, do not become 'impure' and do not spread any impurity to others (Heusch, 1990; Smith, 1979). (12)

So as you can see we have lost much of the reason why,

(such as a hunter whose life is endangered by the careless behaviour of a menstruating woman, for example).

You need to quit drinking the hateraid, moocow.

[edit on 103131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 103131p://bWednesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I'm amazed how you can imagine how a bodily function can be considered to be dirty by that which created it.

With that thought in mind.

There is a reason we wash our hands after going potty.

sheeese

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

I mean what do you care what it says about genocide when you don't believe in God anyway. If he is real and does exist then the rest of the bible would be true and as it says, the reason for said genocide.

Indeed there's a quite a variety of reasons for the genocide by the look of it.

Lets' say I buy into the belief that a loving "merciful " god has a very good reason for committing genocide against the humans he created.

Ok I accept for the time being what you say, that god has a good reason and the reason is whatever it may be which is in the bibles (plural).

Can you also point out where, in your bibles I may find a very good reason where your jesus yahweh god gives , for instructing that little virgin children be taken into slavery and/or raped ?

[edit on 8-7-2009 by moocowman]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage

moocowman I always enjoy reading your post, thanks for bringing this information to everyone's attention. Christianity in all its forms will probably decline heavily soon or will considerably adapt to survive in the new age that is upon us. You'd think with everything going to hell people would turn to religion as a support blanket but I see less of that type of "escaping" these days.

reply to post by WhatTheory

You will be begging God for Christians once the Muslim extremists take over.

There's a rise in the practice of Islam, yes, but I wasn't aware that the majority of the Muslims were extremists. Thanks for sharing that with us. You seem upset that someone (in your eyes) puts down Christianity and then you go on to assume that if Islam is popular extremist will take over.
The hypocrisy among Christians is ridiculous and just as ramped as with any other religion (or even among some atheist). *sigh* This is why people just might be glad to see such things, including Christianity, slipping away, just saying.

Have you not heard or seen the state of Muslim nations lately? Islam is a violent religion and yes Christianity used violence in the past but it was long ago. Today even moderate muslims are scary, do any of you know Sharia law? The extremist Islam is the only true Islam in the eyes and hearts of Islamists.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Can you also point out where, in your bibles I may find a very good reason where your jesus yahweh god gives , for instructing that little virgin children be taken into slavery and/or raped ?

Slavery in the ancient text is is servant and many of them were paid anyone under the king no matter what rank was a slave in that context

as far as rape, No i don't see where the Bible endorses such an act, I see it talk about it in some of the story's but the Bible doesn't always endorse everything it talks about but it uses things like that because they happen. I Think I know what scripture you are trying to pass off this way but to be clear, why don't YOU tell me where you got such an idea.

Between the arduous task it has been to explain the dirty rag issue to bunk and now your "stuff" I am inclined to agree it must be something that runs in the family and I would agree, you people should not read tghe bible without a guardian present or someone with a minimum of a 7th grade reading and comprehension level because it seems like you both are actually TRYING to mis-understand what most people seem to grasp without all this splitting hairs and my having to correct the convoluted interptretation you both seem to revel in. No wonder you think the Bible makes people so skeeeered they grow-up having night sweats and aquire telekinetic powers like the girl in Carrie. You probably watched that movie and said "See, See how christians are!" ha ha ha

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I am surprised you didn't know that there were many Ancient tribal taboos including coming in contact with a menstruating women

Yes I was fully aware of this, the point being raised was that jesus yahweh doesn't want an unclean woman in its' temple.

Apparently women who are menstruating are no longer considered unclean, as menstruating women regularly attend the jesus yahweh gods' churches.

Either yahwehjesus changed its mind or Tampax have managed to develop a product which is able to elude the almighty.

I think you missed the point of the discussion my friend, the taboo in itself was not the real issue but the source of the taboo.

Clearly the development of this particular custom/taboo could in no way have anything to do with human evolution as it is a creationists creators taboo/custom, according to those that defend it with such vehemence.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

Since you don't have any idea about him and think you got it all figured out, than may I ask wht the hell you are trying to prove? You posted your info about the State Church's denomination apostate church losing its members so be done with it already.

Nope at the moment I don't seem to find evidence of this him you mention. I doid not post anything in relation to an "apostate church " as you call it, go back to page one and you will see the article.

I, my good friend friend am trying to prove nothing, there again perhaps I am. Perhaps it's got to the point where I have to somehow prove that the jesus yahweh god (which for all it's worth appears to be a delusion) has far lower moral values than my own, so as not to have this supernatural cult forced down the throats of me or my family.

I not you have not finished responding to the slavery issue below, perhaps you would be so kind as to find a defense for jesus' encouragement to enslave children and rape them.

Slavery in the ancient text is is servant and many of them were paid anyone under the king no matter what rank was a slave in that context

Absolute garbage that is complete BS , please provide some evidence for this like a pay slip, we know damn well it was common practice to keep slaves.

Did the slaves (servants) that survived the beatings instructed by Jesus get a pay rise ?

Did the raped and abused girls get a new Barbie set as a thank you for their virginity ?

NRSV) Exodus 21:20-21 When a slave owner strikes a male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies immediately, the owner shall be punished. But if the slave survives a day or two, there is no punishment; for the slave is the owner’s property

(NRSV) Deuteronomy 21:11-14 Suppose you see among the captives a beautiful woman whom you desire and want to marry, and so you bring her home to your house; she shall shave her head, pare her nails, discard her captive’s garb, and shall remain in your house for a full month, mourning for her father and mother; after that you may go into her and be her husband, and she shall be your wife. But if you are not satisfied with her, you shall let her go free and not sell her for money. You must not treat her as a slave, since you have dishonored her

NRSV) First Corinthians 7:20-21 Let each of you remain in the condition in which you were called. Were you a slave when called? Do not be concerned about it

(NRSV) Ephesians 6:5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as you obey Christ; not only while being watched, and in order to please them, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. Render service with enthusiasm, as to the Lord and not to men and women, knowing that whatever good we do, we will receive the same again from the Lord, whether we are slaves or free

NRSV) Colossians 3:22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything, not only while being watched and in order to please them, but wholeheartedly, fearing the Lord

(NRSV) Titus 2:9-10 Tell slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect; they are not to talk back, not to pilfer, but to show complete and perfect fidelity, so that in everything they may be an ornament to the doctrine of God our savior

A paid servant is an employee

Again, you really expect me to allow this filth be taught to my kids ?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes I was fully aware of this, the point being raised was that jesus yahweh doesn't want an unclean woman in its' temple.

Apparently women who are menstruating are no longer considered unclean, as menstruating women regularly attend the jesus yahweh gods' churches.

Either yahwehjesus changed its mind or Tampax have managed to develop a product which is able to elude the almighty.

I think you missed the point of the discussion my friend, the taboo in itself was not the real issue but the source of the taboo.

Clearly the development of this particular custom/taboo could in no way have anything to do with human evolution as it is a creationists creators taboo/custom, according to those that defend it with such vehemence.

Wow you really struggle to mince jewish laws and traditions they were to follow with the new covenant and gentiles.

Clever you left out some of the reasons this is nothing to fret about, but that wouldn't fit with your agenda to make patent your assertions about the evil Bible and The evil God, that if he IS real, regardless of your opinion, you're toast. Since you don't have any idea about him and think you got it all figured out, than may I ask wht the hell you are trying to prove? You posted your info about the State Church's denomination apostate church losing its members so be done with it already.

Or is this about egging on a fight while you continue trying your damndest to piss people off? Perhaps swing a nice post ban on one of those defenders of that evil religion eh? You've swept us all under the rug with the broadest brush and continue using sarcastic nonsense to do what?

Impress anyone?

hehe it doesn't

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DASFEX

reply to post by DASFEX

Since you don't have any idea about him and think you got it all figured out, than may I ask wht the hell you are trying to prove? You posted your info about the State Church's denomination apostate church losing its members so be done with it already.

Nope at the moment I don't seem to find evidence of this him you mention. I did not post anything in relation to an "apostate church " as you call it, go back to page one and you will see the article.

I, my good friend friend am trying to prove nothing, there again perhaps I am. Perhaps it's got to the point where I have to somehow prove that the jesus yahweh god (which for all it's worth appears to be a delusion) has far lower moral values than my own, so as not to have this supernatural cult forced down the throats of me or my family.

I note you have not finished responding to the slavery issue below, perhaps you would be so kind as to find a defense for jesus' encouragement to enslave children and rape them.

Absolute garbage that is complete BS , please provide some evidence for this like a pay slip, we know damn well it was common practice to keep slaves.

Did the slaves (servants) that survived the beatings instructed by Jesus get a pay rise ?

Did the raped and abused girls get a new Barbie set as a thank you for their virginity ?

NRSV) Exodus 21:20-21 When a slave owner strikes a male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies immediately, the owner shall be punished. But if the slave survives a day or two, there is no punishment; for the slave is the owner’s property

(NRSV) Deuteronomy 21:11-14 Suppose you see among the captives a beautiful woman whom you desire and want to marry, and so you bring her home to your house; she shall shave her head, pare her nails, discard her captive’s garb, and shall remain in your house for a full month, mourning for her father and mother; after that you may go into her and be her husband, and she shall be your wife. But if you are not satisfied with her, you shall let her go free and not sell her for money. You must not treat her as a slave, since you have dishonored her

NRSV) First Corinthians 7:20-21 Let each of you remain in the condition in which you were called. Were you a slave when called? Do not be concerned about it

(NRSV) Ephesians 6:5 Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as you obey Christ; not only while being watched, and in order to please them, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. Render service with enthusiasm, as to the Lord and not to men and women, knowing that whatever good we do, we will receive the same again from the Lord, whether we are slaves or free

NRSV) Colossians 3:22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything, not only while being watched and in order to please them, but wholeheartedly, fearing the Lord (NRSV) Titus 2:9-10 Tell slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect; they are not to talk back, not to pilfer, but to show complete and perfect fidelity, so that in everything they may be an ornament to the doctrine of God our savior

A paid servant is an employee

Again, you really expect me to allow this filth be taught to my kids ?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
True or False: In Brussels, Belgium, the capital of the European Union and Belgium, the Socialist mayor presides over a caucus that has a majority made up of Muslims.

Check out this post: genomega1.wordpress.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join