It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Without you we'd all be screwed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Since everything is, by definition, a whole - if any part was missing, the whole would cease to exist. Thus, if you were not here as a part of it all, then there would be nothing.

Modern science, and ancient Eastern traditions, along with some interpretations of Chrstianity uphold this concept as entirely valid.

What about people who are dead, you may ask? Well, nobody can BE dead. From the perspective of the all in all, all are alive, and nothing is forgotten, so they too are part of the eternal now, as are the unborn in potentia.

The implication of this would be a type of superdeterminism, whereby, once it's now, it could be nothing else other than what it is, and that the present configuration was in a sense chosen from the beginning.

So thank you, for our mutual existence!

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hello Omega!

Interesting post. Topics like this always give me a headache.

Not really sure what you mean, maybe you could expand your theory a bit more. Before you even begin to talk about everything as a whole, you first need to determine what kind of reality we are living in. I personally find the holographic universe theory interesting and the most plausible.

ww.mindpowernews.com/HolographicUniverse.htm

berkeley.classicauthors.net...

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yes i fink u r right... Take away one little bit of energy from the universe and it wud all disapear.
kx

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Why...You is a very misconceiving word. Let us use we.
Thank we for our consideration.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Geladinhu]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

Imagine if you will, an infinite space that is full of bubbles.

All bubbles have a glowing quality to them. Some bright, some dim.

Sometimes one bubble will stick to another for a while. (relationship)

Some are in groups.(families)

Sometimes one bubble will crash into another causing the other to burst. (murder, or accident)

Instantly another appears somewhere in that space. (reincarnation)

As you observe all the bubbles going in and out of existence you see the beauty and synchronicity of all existence.

You will also discover that nothing really matters as what you are looking at is perfection.

As far as your thank-you....right back at ya

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
And if you can envision this, now add all creatures in existence.

All flowing and bumping, all colors, winking in and out...

Hey, it works for me..

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

Love how you described this, it works for me beautifully.

Also, nobody can be dead in the OP can be better said through reincarnation.
OmegaPoint, thank you as well! Thank you for posting this as well, I love topics like these.

Zetetic_of_Truth

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Zetetic_of_Truth]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Great post, made me think (and continue to think).

Many ontological and philosophical "paradoxes" turn out to be meaningless when one shifts perspective a bit...your post is bit like this, a dash of cold water that wakes me up...good job. Star and flag fer you.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
and mighty lonely!
Um, I keep thinking of the borg, why is that?

Um,(again, helps me think)

what if...purely hypothetical here- if
there is only one "being"!
But 'it' creates another "clone" of 'itself' thereby propagating itself as a duplicate or a "twin".
Would that be a fair(strictly hypothetical) scenario based on your
line of reasoning or am I on another channel....?

What you are really saying is:
We all need each other, even if we dont get along sometimes?

Those dag nab borgs keep poppin up for some reason!

[edit on 26-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I've thought about it as a large superstructure though I found a new perspective after reading your post.

What is apparently a chain of cause and effect leading to different outcomes could be considered a particular perspective of this hyperdimensional structure of every potential much like viewing a solid object at particular angles. I guess it's in the angles, so to speak.

In the usual personal experience, one sees slices of the structure projected into four dimensions of spacetime.

And in this context, "you" becomes irrelevant. Even "we" is irrelevant. All subsets are perfect pieces. Changing any of them would disrupt the pattern.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
First, and foremost, I would like to thank you for this honor, ... I am humbled, and thankful, that this universal acadamy can come together and acknowledge my work in and around the universe.

I'd like to thank my friends and family, all of my supporters, .... and of course, the jews.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Well. You are welcome that I exist. I knew I was awesome! lol jk. I guess basic physics was right after all eh? Energy and matter cannot be created or destroyed. Just changed from one form to another.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
(as this is in the philosophy forums...)

You, OmegaPoint, are under the assumption that you exist at all.

While it is true that, without me you would all be screwed, to declare that we exist to support and add to each other, nay... that all of you exist so that I may exist, is rather egotistical and self-serving.

I do not need you to continue my existence. You, on the other hand, need me to exist.

Everything in the world that I have come across is there because it is what I needed at the time; nothing else exists outside my sphere of influence.

Nothing.

The "people" I come across, have come across, are merely reflections of my psyche. They are as I imagine them to be. The "people" whom I associate with are just representations of my various attributes... my conscious and subconscious come to life, so to speak. My wife represents my feminine side, and the strength I do not express; my children are simply visions of my childhood, relived. My father demonstrates what I am to become, what I am capable of, while my mother exhibits my extremes.

My friends? Why, they are me, of course, or different aspects and associations.

And you? As well as the others on this board? You all give voice to my reason, or display the other side of my logic and thinking.

None of you exist. When I retire for the evening, and close my laptop, so to does your being... only to emerge once again when I desire it to be so. Unless it is proven otherwise, unless the dream can become more than the dreamer... the topic Without [me] [you] all will be screwed shall stand true, but not from the definition in which you detailed.

You are screwed quite simply because you believe yourself to be independent of me, because you assume that you are alive, and exist, and co-exist with me, when in fact you only exist within me because I allow you, or need you to.

And all I have to do to prove myself (to you, aspects of my self), is...

simply...

close my...

laptop.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Well, nobody can BE dead. From the perspective of the all in all, all are alive, and nothing is forgotten, so they too are part of the eternal now, as are the unborn in potentia.

While the "dead" [since-passed] could be considered as "living on in the hearts and minds of those who remember them" ... what about the "unborn in potentia" factor in said equation?

might as well try to guess tonight's lottery numbers. (?)

potentia

- miscarriages
- abortions
- tubular ligations
- vasectomies
- some day I hope to have a son/daughter...
- etc.

How broad a scope do you wish to assign to potentia ?

... before it becomes rather irrelevant and inconsequential in the grand scope and scheme of things. (?)

just sayin' ... and just curious..

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

You are very welcome, i'm more than happy to do my part

And right back atcha

reply to post by tribewilder

I love your description, i can vividly picture it. When you come across the bubble glowing with a loving pastel lilac and pink, that's me

new topics

top topics

join