It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Idiot's Guide - Solar Storm

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
However, the only way I can see someone dying from the sun now is if they left their ham sandwich in the sun and got food poisoning,

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jacqua

Originally posted by mattguy404
However, the only way I can see someone dying from the sun now is if they left their ham sandwich in the sun and got food poisoning,

Yeah! Hey Jacqua, how about you strip and stand in the sun unexposed at noon for about ... 15 minutes, then come back and post.

And to Heineken, thanks - I think I covered most of it in my thread in my signature "Is recent solar activity causing abnormal weather on Earth?" really, it'll be months before I understand those interactions more..

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
so the Solar Storm everone is fussing about is just few moments without electricity?...im beginning to feel releaved...i thought it was much worse..kinda people will die

Then I would suggest you do not watch the movie 'Knowing'. It's ugly.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueShaman

Originally posted by heineken
so the Solar Storm everone is fussing about is just few moments without electricity?...im beginning to feel releaved...i thought it was much worse..kinda people will die

Then I would suggest you do not watch the movie 'Knowing'. It's ugly.

That movie is a serious mind----, as for all this solar storm stuff, I remember a few years ago.... maybe more than a few heck I dunno really but solar flares were making the news, I am in Ohio and we had auroras. Actually it was halloween so whatever year there was a big solar flare on halloween. Anyway, no one died so what class was that? A, B, X? I remember them saying something about flying but I don't remember what it was. IF and I mean IF there is a solar flare tommorrow it would have to be mega huge to cause disruption if the one i remember years ago didn't... just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Do you mean in 2004?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
Do you mean in 2004?

yeah I think so! I remember I was trick-or-treating with my kids, looked up and would have FREAKED if I hadn't known before hand exactly what it was I was seeing. I have been wanting it to happen again ever since.... auroras are phenomenally beautiful!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Maybe over the course of the next few years we will have another episode.. I'm kinda hoping! I've never seen the aurora with my own eyes ..

Also the 2003 blackout may have been due to solar induced induced ground currents... But like I said, since the data is censored for national security reasons - I guess I have to accept the fact that a squirrel shut down the entire northeast power grid..

I mean, the two last Hydro-Québec solar induced transformer failures (literally melted the buggers) were reported, but ... It'd scare too many people to attribute the NE blackout to the same cause, even if it's friggin obvious.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Good post! There are a number of other posts lurking around ATS with a similar type of theme and i was about to ask what these flares and storms were all about and how they would affect and/or impact us.

In a few posts back, someone mentioned that they would interfere with radio waves - so aeroplanes would surely be at risk too?! In another thread, they talk about solar flares tomorrow, on 7/7....

Forgive me if I am asking irrelevant questions...just something that interests me, that I know nothing about but would like to learn more!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sarahko

Here is a partial list of solar effects:

(biological, human)
-blood pressure changes/acute cardiac morbidity
-effects on regulatory systems and cholesterol levels
-electrocortical effects
-situational anxiety, and emotional distress
-headaches, dizziness, others
-immunological deficiency
-cancers

(environmental, Earth)

- meteorological: hurricanes, tornadoes, el nino/la nina
- seismic and tectonic
- volcanic
- magnetospheric
- atmospheric

(technological)
-satellites, national security & communications including commercial and military GPS including weapons guidance system
-power grids and transmission lines
-HAM/radio frequency issues

Also solar cycles correlate with economic effects globally.

And those are a *few* of the things that solar activity impact on Earth.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
oh what a lovely list! I have high blood pressure and anxiety EVERYDAY! SO I guess inevitably the sun could kill me.... wonderful...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

There is a difference in the anxiety.

It's completely different from General Anxiety Disorder (GAD), as the anxiety response seems to be situational.

If something happens, you will be more prone to an anxious response (which you can overcome).

If you're always feeling anxious, I recommend a psychologist and cognitive therapy (not meds, as they change the electrochemical activty in your brain..) unless you really REALLY can't control it.

Cure, worse than disease, etc..

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sarahko
Good post! There are a number of other posts lurking around ATS with a similar type of theme and i was about to ask what these flares and storms were all about and how they would affect and/or impact us.

In a few posts back, someone mentioned that they would interfere with radio waves - so aeroplanes would surely be at risk too?! In another thread, they talk about solar flares tomorrow, on 7/7....

Forgive me if I am asking irrelevant questions...just something that interests me, that I know nothing about but would like to learn more!

thank you for mentioning the flying commercial planes...i read something about that too..is it true?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

It's completely different from General Anxiety Disorder (GAD), as the anxiety response seems to be situational.

If something happens, you will be more prone to an anxious response (which you can overcome).

If you're always feeling anxious, I recommend a psychologist and cognitive therapy (not meds, as they change the electrochemical activty in your brain..) unless you really REALLY can't control it.

I so don't beleive in therapy.. those people get paid to sit and listen to my problem... yeehaw! I got friends for that, I do take a medicine only one and it seems to work.

I think I understand what your saying now though about the anxiety... so when solor storms are happening I'll just keep my butt away from people and try not to get ticked off LOL. Seriously though what does a solar storm do to someone with a pacemaker? My mother has one...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Sarahko

Here is a partial list of solar effects:

(biological, human)
-blood pressure changes/acute cardiac morbidity
-effects on regulatory systems and cholesterol levels
-electrocortical effects
-situational anxiety, and emotional distress
-headaches, dizziness, others
-immunological deficiency
-cancers

(environmental, Earth)

- meteorological: hurricanes, tornadoes, el nino/la nina
- seismic and tectonic
- volcanic
- magnetospheric
- atmospheric

(technological)
-satellites, national security & communications including commercial and military GPS including weapons guidance system
-power grids and transmission lines
-HAM/radio frequency issues

Also solar cycles correlate with economic effects globally.

And those are a *few* of the things that solar activity impact on Earth.

WAIT A SEC !!!!

im considering you till now our best point of reference regarding these Solar Storms...now i was relaxing a bit on the matter since before we concluded that this is no harm...but your list isnt really what you call Christmas Father Wish list...so basically..we cannot consider this harmless at all right?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul

I so don't beleive in therapy.. those people get paid to sit and listen to my problem... yeehaw! I got friends for that, I do take a medicine only one and it seems to work.

I think I understand what your saying now though about the anxiety... so when solor storms are happening I'll just keep my butt away from people and try not to get ticked off LOL. Seriously though what does a solar storm do to someone with a pacemaker? My mother has one...

i admire your respect towards your mother...and this is a must for everyone..lets get informed we might help our loved ones...that is the real purpose of my thread...thank you

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Well, if you're not ready, you're not ready.

Hopefully one day you will be. I have post traumatic stress and anxiety issues and cognitive therapy has worked wonders and increased my quality of life and understanding of myself and the world.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

"""I so don't beleive in therapy.. those people get paid to sit and listen to my problem... yeehaw! I got friends for that, I do take a medicine only one and it seems to work.

I think I understand what your saying now though about the anxiety... so when solor storms are happening I'll just keep my butt away from people and try not to get ticked off LOL. Seriously though what does a solar storm do to someone with a pacemaker? My mother has one... """""

I am not attacking you, so dont take it personally - but I think what you said is rather presumptuous....A lot of people have many friends but still dont feel like they can talk to them about everything. Some others, dont want to burden their friends and prefer to turn to a therapist.... In addition, for certain particular problems, therapists sometimes have more insight and experience than simple friends can have. And some of them help you overcome your `problems` and totally get rid of all medication....which appears that you are still taking.

I agree that some people are addicted to therapy, that some therapists are total charlatans, but just because you seem to have so many `friends` doesnt give you the right to put down those who go to therapy.... ANd Im not in therapy at the moment so Im not even trying to defend myself!!!

Anyway, we`re straying off the subject here!!!

Now, with all these solar storms expected to happen soon...how long do they last? How much in advance can they be predicted? how to protect oneself?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Sarahko]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I will post an "information package" of all the data I've collected (about a gig and a half) as soon as I get it compiled and on a webserver.

It's disorganized and I don't have time to go through it but I'm sure someone will make sense of it or at least take something from it and I encourage everyone to think about doing the same. Working on a central repository.

Gimme several hours.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
in the meantime can someone provide answers for the following ?

Are the following effected by the Solar Storms :

pacemaker
Airliners

?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
wrong post sorry folks

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Estharik]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join