It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Idiot's Guide - Solar Storm

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Lately more and more threads popped up relating to an imminent Solar Storm, we have memebrs reading signs in crop circles, we have others following SOHO images and constantly monitoring the Sun's activity, we had also recently some very interesting spots appearing in our Sun, also I can say that everyone agrees that weather is kinda weirder lately.

This thread is called the Idiot's guide since I am really new to all this Solar Storm thing and would like you to help me and others understand what can happen...we have a lot to discuss and tackle questions like :

What will happen?
We'll have rain of fire?
We'll have Solar Radiation?
How many people will die?
When do you think it will happen?

Also I think its important to know...

Can we prepare for it?
What are your survival tips?
And many more...

Always consider the fact that we have to do our upmost to save ourselves and our families

Kindly I invite all the guru in this matter to contribute to this thread and help saving lives also I invite the Idiots like me to post questions so we migt receive the answers

Thank You

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The worst thing will be a global power blackout. how would you be able to contact anyone to confirm what has happened, find out about emergency services. The amount of problems from a power blackout would cause so many problems.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

for how long can this blackout last?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Not long i would imagine,the basics would be up and running soon after,but in this day and age i would hate to see the end result of even two weeks with the majority of grids down in the world...no doubt there would be a bit of mayhem,probably troops deployed to curb looting and violence across major cities.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I thought this was a good article. Its got good information and it has a bit of historical data as well from previous storms that have hit.

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
so the Solar Storm everone is fussing about is just few moments without electricity?...im beginning to feel releaved...i thought it was much worse..kinda people will die

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
so the Solar Storm everone is fussing about is just few moments without electricity?...im beginning to feel releaved...i thought it was much worse..kinda people will die

The interesting thing for myself was the crop circles. Would love to see this one proven.
I also think that was why this has gotten a little out of hand. UFO/Aliens/Crop Circles/Solar Flares = can mean madness

Mind you I will admit this did have me going for a bit.....

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Seeker
I thought this was a good article. Its got good information and it has a bit of historical data as well from previous storms that have hit.

www.universetoday.com...

10q for the link...read the first bit but currently im at work so I cant go through all of it..but certainly will do later

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
The_Seeker

It got me going to

lately i was like worrying only reagrd N Korea, Iran and Israel and then all these 7th July prediction appeared of a Solar Storm....so I think we might get a bit informed right

thanks for your contribution

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

The solar activity we are seeing won't effect any day to day activities here on earth.

Here's some info on the largest recorded solar storm:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Sorry for the guys who think this will be something, but the X-ray flux is currently "less than A" (subject to change of course):

www.ips.gov.au...

Meaning it's really, really low. I've popped in one or two of these threads, but these questions are good ones... I'm not an expert, but I have paid attention to such things for a while.

"What will happen?"

Nothing. There could be an "X class" flare (a big one) or there might not be. Back in the early 2000s, the sun was shooting off plenty of these things rather regularly and no one seemed to care/notice. I remember hearing on the news that people flying in aircraft might receive a *slightly* larger does of radiation than those on the ground. Our atmosphere, not just the magnetic field, acts as a barrier to UV and all the other soups of radiation the sun is always pumping out.

"We'll have rain of fire?"

No.

"We'll have solar radiation?"

I certainly hope so, or plants wouldn't grow, the food chain would collapse, and we'd be cold and hungry.

"How many people will die?"

Theoretically, if this was a big solar storm (which it isn't) it could knock out power grids - highly, extremely remote possibility, but you can guess what could happen there. However, the only way I can see someone dying from the sun now is if they left their ham sandwich in the sun and got food poisoning, a far more likely possibility.

"When do you think this will happen?"

Certainly not this Tuesday! Solar cycle 24 isn't expected to reach its maximum until 2012, a favorite year by conspiracy folk, so maybe they should just leave it until then.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
FIRST : Earth reflects the Weather on the SUN..
Huge solar storms = very bad weather on earth.
Even worse weather on the sun, even worse weather on Earth.

I do not know how reliable Clif High from theWebBotProject is, but he claims the northern hemisphere could in worst case scenario get scorged by the sun and that is why the people that 'know' are moving South.

Clif also said when asked about this 2012 hype, he responded : I dont think any one have time to think about 2012, by april,may 2012 everyone are busi trying to not get killed by superstorms ..

Just what Clif High from WBP sayd though...

Even months without power is chaotic enuff, people will go crazy , I think that is why people are 'urged' to leave cities with one million inhabitants and move away from coastal lines.. Just empty talk if you dont read about the possibilities of these scenarios....

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
FIRST : Earth reflects the Weather on the SUN..
Huge solar storms = very bad weather on earth.
Even worse weather on the sun, even worse weather on Earth.

Can you find some reports of bad weather from these dates?

October-November 2003

July 2000

June 1991

March 1989

I'd like to see the correlation between solar storms and bad weather on earth.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
for me..the Solar Strom Picture is getting much understandable...tank you all for your info..

So we can now Confirm that We dont have to fear such an event right?

Also..

Why all are fussing about that crop circle thing..i mean Aliens wouldnt care leaving a warning for an event that does nothing
, im not saying that Aliens left a message or stuff..but there are alot of un informed people still..they have to know its nothing..they are fearing a Major (as they call it) Solar Storm like i did till now

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

So, just to ask, why are scientists saying other wise ?

Apocalypse 2012: A Scientific Investigation Into Civilization's End

Don't look up. It won't help. You can't get out of the way, you can't dig a hole deep enough to hide. The end is coming, and there's nothing you can do about it.
So why read this book? Because you can't look away when not just the religious fanatics are saying we're all going to be destroyed but the scientists are in on the act too. Here's what they're saying:

We're a million years over due for a mass extinction
The sun at radiation minimum is acting much worse than at solar maximum, and one misdirected spewing of plasma could fry us in an instant
The magnetic field (which shields us from harmful radiation) is developing a mysterious crack
Our solar system is entering an energetically hostile part of the galaxy
The Yellowstone supervolcano is getting ready to blow, and if it does, we can look forward to nuclear winter and 90 percent annihilation
The Maya, the world's greatest timekeepers ever, say it's all going to stop on December 21, 2012. So, see? There's nothing you can do, but you might as well sit back and enjoy the show. You'll get a good chuckle. That's why you should read this book.
Dear Reader,

If there were a chance that opening this book could set off a chain of events that would lead to Apocalypse, to the end of Life as we know it, would you be tempted? Finger poised uncertainly above the flashing red button? How about if the Apocalypse promised to result in a new age of enlightenment, a Heaven on Earth like never before?

Personally, I'll take the security of my cozy life over a chance at nirvana. But status quo may no longer be an option, for any of us. This book will convince you that there is a nonnegligiblechance that the year 2012 will be more tumultuous, catastrophic, and, quite possibly, revelatory, than any other year in human history.

Parts of this book are best read with a bowl of popcorn: looking into the jaws of a great white shark in search of the meaning of death; touring a picturesque Guatemalan town with Mayan shaman just weeks before it is utterly destroyed. Other sections go better with a tranquilizer, such as the impending eruption of the Yellowstone supervolcano, or the mass extinction headed our way--on the scale of the great collision that destroyed the dinosaurs and 70 percent of all other species, our best scientists contend that it's now overdue. Nail-biters should beware the fact that the next peak in the sunspot cycle, due in 2012, is widely expected to set records for the number and intensity of solar storms pummeling the Earth with radiation and igniting natural calamities such as earthquakes, volcanoes, and Katrina-sized hurricanes. And that our entire solar system appears to be moving into a dangerous interstellar energy cloud.

I am not sure if this is the book I was looking for, see, I saw this guy on The Montel show last year, which got me into searching the topic.

He said that 40.000 scientists have looked at the data and agree on this 2012 not being just a new day, more like Maya think of it as a new era.
Birth of the 6th sun. Cant be that hard to see the connection..

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

That doesn't really answer my question.

If 40,000 scientists agree with Lawrence E. Joseph then there should be some papers written on the subject and the correlation of the dates I mentioned with large solar storms.

Can you point me in the right direction of these correlations?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Absolutely agreed!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Yeah, fear is a great way to sell books.

Also interesting to note is that I've noticed a localized drop in ambient air temperature after solar events. Kinda opposite of what you expect - I think it's due to the increased equatorial water evaporation combined with energy pushed into the poles that causes super cool air masses down into the jetstream - which may cause higher winds and also storms...

Also, the sun DOES affect every day-to-day activity on Earth.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
How to prepare? UNDERSTAND! Read. Learn. Study. Listen to your instincts.

Stash away $20-$50/month on a survival kit. Water, food, flashlights, radios for the family, booze & smokes (even if you're not a drinker or smoker, they're valuable..)

Have an emergency plan with your family. Teach your kids what to do in an emergency or where to go if you're seperated.

Oh yeah, and ENJOY life!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez
Yeah, fear is a great way to sell books.

Also interesting to note is that I've noticed a localized drop in ambient air temperature after solar events. Kinda opposite of what you expect - I think it's due to the increased equatorial water evaporation combined with energy pushed into the poles that causes super cool air masses down into the jetstream - which may cause higher winds and also storms...

nice intelligent post..you seem to know about this matter too..can you elaborate more on this part please ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join