It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Drug posts are not permitted yet there are numerous posts regarding the use of drugs.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If you do a search about marijauna on this site there are numerous posts about the use and so forth. My avatar was removed including a post that I had put in the thread asking what your avatar meant. So why am I targeted? Anyone wanna answer this and tell me why? I swear this has me extremely upset since I am new to this site and I am being singled out. What part of my post was off topic as claimed by staff? Please tell me what the hell is going on?

Thank you for informing me of the mistake I made in this post regarding the email (u2u) post that I quoted. Yes I admit I was wrong after reading the toss yet again. My bad. Yes I can admit when I am wrong but the way mods handled this was wrong also. My post was on topic

[edit on 6-7-2009 by PartyToker]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
At one time such discussions were allowed with set rules. People didn't follow the rules and now they are prohibited.

Posting U2U messages is also against the law.

You keep this up and you will most likely get yourself banned.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I agree. This isn't your house, and if even if you don't believe in the rules, just be a nice guest and follow them. Okay?

I'm guessing your avatar was a pot leaf. Try to show another side of your personality rather then the drug side.

Shane

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
At one time such discussions were allowed with set rules. People didn't follow the rules and now they are prohibited.

Posting U2U messages is also against the law.

You keep this up and you will most likely get yourself banned.

They probably are going to ban me for my nickname I chose so whats the difference? If the mods would have emailed me first and asked me to remove it and sent me the link to read why they want me to remove it then yeah I would have removed it. But to allow other posts even recent posts regarding marijauna then why am I singled out?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PartyToker

Look at your name man this is like telling on your self! I am surprised that the mod's let you keep it as it suggests that you toke which is slang for smoking the refer.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

complaining about the rules is a loose loose situation.

And if you came into my house talking about drugs with a pic of an avatar about drugs, I would most likely kick you out of my house because I do not want my kids to see that kind of stuff.

I am not being rude, I am just helping you to understand what so many other people are going to say to you.

Just to give you a pointer, try posting a thread about an alien conspiracy like we are encouraged to do and leave the drugs for channel 4.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I don't recall seeing any recent threads on the subject.

The mods have better things to do with their time then to pick on you. Either you can follow the rules and have a good time here at ATS or you can play the victim, push the subject and find yourself banned.

If you feel the need to talk about drugs then I am sure there are alot of other websites you can visit and talk about how cool it is.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78
reply to post by jd140

I agree. This isn't your house, and if even if you don't believe in the rules, just be a nice guest and follow them. Okay?

I'm guessing your avatar was a pot leaf. Try to show another side of your personality rather then the drug side.

Shane

I understand this is not my house. I am trying to get an understanding here why I am singled out for my avatar yet others have avatars with pot symbols in them but are allowed to keep them. I just dont get it. There is also new posts talking about drugs yet those are still up and allowed.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Censorship on this forum runs rampant. Get used to it.

I have seen entire threads 404'ed because of one little mention of marijuana or another drug, even if that mentioning is not advocating or even discussing personal use. Instead of wiping out posts and warning users, entire discussions are axed. The mods take a slash-and-burn approach to this sort of thing.

I actually have a feeling this entire thread will get wiped as well, simply because the word 'marijuana' has appeared in it. I would comment on the surprising irony (what with 'deny ignorance' appearing at the top of my screen every time I come here), but I fear my membership would be revoked if I overstepped the bounds.

In any event, there are other forums out there to discuss such things. Google is your friend.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by PartyToker

I understand this is not my house. I am trying to get an understanding here why I am singled out for my avatar yet others have avatars with pot symbols in them but are allowed to keep them. I just dont get it. There is also new posts talking about drugs yet those are still up and allowed.

Wrong place, wrong time.

I have seen one member who has had a certain plant in their avatar for as long as I've been on these forums. However its a very old, taxonomic drawing of the plant, and I'm assuming most mods don't recognize it. Subtlety is king.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I have to say I agree with the OP a little, as this website is a terrorist website in the first place, according to the government. So it doesn't make much sense to me to prohibit talking about illegal drugs in such ways that it can help you (medical), so I really don't get it either, a lot of other illegal topics we can talk about, but not drugs. Why's that?

[edit on 7/6/2009 by bl4ke360]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
So we can discuss murderous government conspiricies but dont mention drugs as they are dangerous.Hypocrisy.Examine yourselfs gentlemen.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

can you provide a screen name to one said avatar?

or better yet a screen shot?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
You have received extensive communications from several moderators. And all of them have explained the situation to you. The bottom line is that you when you joined ATS you agreed to the Terms & Conditions Of Use. If you don't agree with certain parts of the T&C you shouldn't have clicked the "I agree" when you joined.

You are not being singled out in any way. What goes for one person goes for every single person on the board. If you feel that a certain thread or post doesn't conform to the Terms and Conditions then you can use the Alert function and the staff will take care of it.

I suggest you continue your issue(s) with the staff members already handling this. Complaining about staff enforcing the Terms and Conditions on the public boards will not solve your issue.

Please use the proper channels to solve your problem.

Thread closed.

top topics

join