It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member, New Idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Greetings ATSers. I have been tuning into ATS for half a year. I am fully awakened. However, I have tired of all the theories, ideology and passive complaining. I believe it is time to actually DO SOMETHING about the current American crisis. We can speculate, assume, fear and prepare for whatever is thrown at us, but nothing will change until we take the proverbial bull by the horns. What would the IRS and TPTB do if we convinced every enlightened American to simply maximize exemptions on their W-2 withholding statement, so that very little tax is withheld UNTIL the government acknowledges our demands for government accountability, fiscal responsibility, a flat and fair tax, and an accounting of where our money goes? We have to tell the government where our money is derived from and where it goes...shouldn't we demand the same? Nothing is going to change until we make a stand that demands the attention of our government. Personally, I have no problem paying 30%, but I can tell you over 68% of every dollar we make in my household goes to some sort of taxation. I believe most of us will never achieve financial comfort until we are allowed to keep at least seventy percent of the fruits of our labor. We are oppressed by double (and triple) taxation, taxes on every activity we partake in, and we have no voice. Our voice should be a flat out refusal to pay more than thirty percent of our income TOTAL. What are they going to do imprison all of us? Just a thought. Complaining, denying, and peaceful demonstrations do absolutely nothing. They swat at us like flies, but when we impact their ability to spend, waste and hide funds we hit them where it hurts. I am too afraid of the IRS to take them on myself even though I know they are fraudulent and do not have the legal right to tax personal labor...but together we could really make a difference. Uncle Sam gets 30% and not a damn dime more. If you make under 25k you simply don't pay.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by lostviking]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

Welcome aboard. Well someones got to complain, or there would be no topics

Regards; The Doo

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
welcome aboard!!

I really like this idea

join