It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just had two black cats fighting on my side porch.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
At first my wife thought my son was crying cause they wern't making usualy cat noises and I thought it was some kids outside. Well I open the door and two big black cats are just sitting facing each other laid down on the porch making these noises, I don't really like cats and something had been getting in our garbage anyway so I was going to shoot them but my wife wouldn't let me.

I am pretty sure at least one of them crossed in front of my door so now I don't wanna go out of it. Can anyone shed some light on this. I did not hurt either of them in any way but it weirded my out and I am kinda superstisous like that.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I wouldn't be to worried about it seems some cultures look at them as a good omen and some look at them as a bad omen..

en.wiki

It is pretty freaky the sounds they make while fighting like that. I'm not sure about any rituals like the throwing of salt out the door or something along those lines..I'm sure someone on this site will have a better answer for ya!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lighter78

It is pretty freaky the sounds they make while fighting like that.

I have a giant gap under my house, and every night I am woken by cats fighting underneath my bedroom. It sends me through the roof

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Scooby Doo]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

HAHA I bet!! As a child I use to cover my head under my blanket and shiver, I've heard some pretty intense fights.. Now I just throw a beer can at em and they scatter.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
2 Black Cats fighting in front of your door?

This Scares you?

Well... I absolutely have to place my Avatar on this page now....

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
A black cat is no different than any other cat. Thank goodness your wife didn't let you shoot them!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

haha your avatar looks evil in a sadly sadistic kind a way, now this poor bloke won't ever go out his door..

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Be an adult and go outside if you need to.

Its a cat, nothing is going to happen to you.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bcroper
I don't really like cats and something had been getting in our garbage anyway so I was going to shoot them but my wife wouldn't let me.

Seriously.

Those are somebody's pets. Get help.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by lighter78

I actually owned two black cats (brothers) for many years, one lasted 15 years the other made it only Five before a Coyote got to him...

But I couldn't say any bad luck actually followed me as a result lol

I guess if you give them lots of catnip they can "lift the curse " for you

I have no idea why I like evil looking cats so much by the way... probably because people make assumptions about them and needlessly fear them... I think I relate.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Are black cats bad or something? I have 3 pet black cats. I love 'em.

And you don't shoot cats lol. Your a "tough guy" with guns but yet you are afraid of a couple cats? ahahha.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by InfectedWithDevils]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I was going to shoot them because of the trash we have now put out a live trap to catch them. I guess I'll take the little guys to the pound. I am not a cat person and have never liked them around. It was really creepy.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
You think that's bad luck? I once awoke to 2 black cats starring at me in my backyard.

It happened to me when I was pouring a bowl of cereal... I thought I'd look through my window and check on my tomato plants (see if anything was turning ripe) and that's when I saw 2 black cats about 6 feet away from each other with the dear in the headlights look just... starring. Gives me the creeps just thinking about it...

One was sitting near my deck that extends from the master bedroom and the other was standing by my lemon tree. Their pose was perfect, like they were members of the kitty liberation army... It creeped me out pretty good. No bad luck though

[edit on 6-7-2009 by sliceNodice]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I hate people who let their cats wander freely outside.

Why? They kill the birds. The feral cats kill the birds because they need to eat, but well fed cats usually just kill them without eating them. Many species of birds have been found to be in declining numbers. Some biologist type people point their fingers at pet cats.

Otherewise cats are fine, regardless of color. I have 3.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
if you shoot them , you can go to prison. there is no need for that. they are somebodys beloved pet.

just throw water on them/swuirt hose at them. its not cruel and they hate it

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

you are one of those peopel that keeps cats inside? thats cruel. and i bet your house smells like cat crap all the time.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bcroper
I was going to shoot them because of the trash we have now put out a live trap to catch them. I guess I'll take the little guys to the pound. I am not a cat person and have never liked them around. It was really creepy.

Fella...

Just let them be. They are harmless house cats.

Black cats do not bring bad luck, it is an old wives' tale. Please tell me you are intelligent enough to understand that.

People like you, who don't have the balls to deal with a couple of cats on their porch or getting into their trash without resorting to shooting, are the reason so many people in this nation support gun control. Put your trash in a sealed plastic bin and get on with your life, and let those cats get on with theirs.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
yer i woulnt wory 2 much as 2 cats have 2 fight sumwere lol

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

I would say it depends. If these were just garden variety black cats, you don't have much to worry about. But two black cats in the same place at the same time is a pretty big coincidence. They could have escaped from some kind of ceremony, or somebody could be specifically trying to put a curse on you. If either of these things are true, then you have a lot to be concerned about. Especially since you thought about shooting them. Traditionally, harming a ceremonial occult animal or, worse still, a familiar, is just about the worst thing you can do or even think of doing.

new topics

top topics

join