It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Firefly -- Can it Happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
So, I just got done watching Serenity again, and it got me to thinking: what is the future of humans in space?

For those of you that don't know, Firefly is a space western that takes place five hundred years in the future. But with the future of humans looking as bleak as it does, what are the chances that space travel will be possible for the everyday person? Will the Elites ever allow it to happen? Somehow, I think the only way the common man of the future will explore the heavens is if the New World Order fails. There is no way a space faring culture can be tightly governed the way the Elites desire.

Just my thoughts on the subject. What do you think?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidLight

Yeah, I think that some day we will have traffic in and out of space on a regular basis. However, at this time, I don't see us colonizing on other planets just yet

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
reply to post by LiquidLight

Yeah, I think that some day we will have traffic in and out of space on a regular basis. However, at this time, I don't see us colonizing on other planets just yet

Well, I don't think that there's really any reason for a regular person to go into space unless they're going somewhere, i.e. another planet. I think it's definitely possible that we'll be able to colonize other planets, but I don't think it will happen under a one world government.

join