It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

140 Dead in Muslim Riots - Western China

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

You got it..This BS is going to come down to a world wide show down I bet you..There forcing their hand..China is dealing with it just fine I say..

See what happens when you give someone an inch,and they see an oppertunity to abuse what they got..

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I am glad you show the intelligence to actually read what I posted, being I asked the questions of why.

If what you say is true, then we add not rioting, but attempted revolution.

I wonder what Iran would do if part of it tried to leave?

I wonder what Russia would do if part of it tried to leave?

I wonder what Saudi Arabia, Syria....would do ion the exact same situation.

So this is separatists trying to steal chinese land and resources.

At least we "NOW" know what the deal is and can comment on what is really happening and not on misguided tales from the talking heads of local news.

Redpill, I am sadly forced to agree with you.

[edit on 7/6/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I am glad you show the intelligence to actually read what I posted, being I asked the questions of why.

If what you say is true, then we add not rioting, but attempted revolution.

it is not my fight, and I am quite anti fundamentalist Islam, but I would also join in a revolution if I was ruled by a communist authoritarian regime

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This probably explains whats going on over there...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Seems to me that Muslims just will not comply with the rules wherever they are in the world!!! They want their own rules bought into every country they dwell in!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

So China dares settle people where it wants within it's own borders...how dare they.

OMFG, China also dared to teach "Chinese" in Chinese schools, the horror......

Chinese doesn't exist. It is called Mandarin. There are over 800 dialects in different regions in China. When the government imposes Mandarin, it is basically destroying the dialect of the people in that region. Although they shouldn't be rioting and killing other Chinese people of different ethnic background.

As always, the Chinese government is claiming the riot was incited by a Chinese busiensswoman working in the U.S.....

They claim that she made phone calls and posted in websites inciting violence.. The only thing is, most Chinese are BANNED from certain websites such as this one. Unless they live outside of China, or unless they are actually Communist Chinese propaganda/disinformation agents.

That justifies mass rioting ????

Nothing except self defense, or the defense of your family, or some innocent person calls for any form of violence IMO.

Is this more evidence of the "religion of peace and love"?????????

I would almost agree with you on that, except for the fact that unfortunately the same thing will happen in Europe when the economic crisis gets worse there. The same will happen in Australia, the U.S., and pretty much everywhere.

When there are really bad economic crisis at least some people tend to start to blame minorities, and this intensifies with more people becoming part of a mob. Most people are just like that. Very few will actually think logically, and with some compassion.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

I agree China is authoritarian, but would an Islamic state be any better, politics and religion not mix.

The West will say nothing, China has appalling human rghts issues, our governments turn a blind eye.

From Amnesty

The Uighur Muslim population in the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region (XUAR) in northwest China faced intensified persecution. The authorities used a series of violent incidents, allegedly linked to terrorists, to launch a sweeping crackdown. According to official media, almost 1,300 people were arrested during the year on terrorism, religious extremism or other state security charges, and 1,154 were formally charged and faced trials or administrative punishments. On 14 August, Wang Lequan, Party Secretary of the XUAR, announced a “life and death” struggle against Uighur “separatism”.

Article
www.amnestyusa.org...

This was in the lead up to the OLympic Games. We have to remember China persecutes people with religious belief, and maybe they were instrumental in this trouble by sending non-Muslims to the area.

Governments manipulate religious hatred for their own benefit, and encourage extremists for their own agenda, divide and conquer.
The majority of Muslims are no different than the rest of us in wanting to live a peacefull life in co-existence.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
I agree China is authoritarian, but would an Islamic state be any better, politics and religion not mix.

In general theory I agree, though Im not sure an Islamic state is what these separatists are agitating for?

On a general point, opposing oppressive communist authoritarian rule is something I would do (similarly I would oppose oppressive theocratic authoritarian rule)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
I would almost agree with you on that, except for the fact that unfortunately the same thing will happen in Europe when the economic crisis gets worse there. The same will happen in Australia, the U.S., and pretty much everywhere.

I partially agree with this statement. China wants to homogenize the region.

The communist system and Islam are not compatible. Even though Beijing has made great strides away from the little red book carriers of 30 or so years ago. The two ideologies are at complete odds with one another. Islam believes in a single god and it's not the "Party" Beijing wants everybody to trust and rely on the "Party".

You have not and will not see those types of riots in the US. Religious freedoms etc. Sure individuals will come to blows over personal beliefs but not on a mass scale. China will continue to have massive issues with this ethnic group and there will be conflict in the future and it will get worse IMO.

For as ancient as China is they'll have to learn new tricks in the 21st century. The old school of one color fits all just wont work with certain groups. They may have hidden from the worlds cultural diversity in the past well this time it's happening from the inside out. These things tend to happen when you conquers your neighbors then ignore them and then try to cover them with a blanket ideology.

Not going to work.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
from a violent cult like religion i would expect no less from them.

everything from .....
child molestation
abuse of women
to flat genocide

i say the world can do without the Muslim belief system.
as with all of them that condone and breed vengeful hate and crap like this religion does.

Violent cult-like religion?
Pretty sure every religion save Buddhism, etc. has shared some of those qualities with its less-than-stellar members.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Islam is not compatible with any other government system, communism included.

Gee. 140 dead.

So Israel isn't looking so bad after all?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis

Yes all religions have there extreme side but in Islam you have competing extremists. Every division in the faith stems from a different take on the prophets words. It makes the differences between sects of christianity look like coke vs pepsi. Not surprising we have rioting muslims in china. Anyone know which branch of islam they follow?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Old colonial sores that modern China must heal

The fear now is that racial violence is intensifying. The biggest difference between the riots in Tibet and Xinjiang is the death toll. According to government figures 156 died in Urumqi, more than seven times as many as in Lhasa. These figures, like the causes of the riots, are disputed, but clearly a long simmering problem has reached boiling point. "There is no justification for ethnically targeted violence, but this calls into question how effective the central government's policies have been towards minorities," said Nicholas Bequelin of Human Rights Watch. "These riots will have a long-lasting impact on already bad ethnic relations in Xinjiang."

China needs to rethink its approach to the ethnic issue. As with all nations that pioneered "new frontiers", the adjustment is likely to be painful.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I can tell you when this is going to happen all over the world:

When Israel strikes Iran.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I say we haven't seen the last of it...

Unrest spreads in western China

Unrest in China's volatile western region of Xinjiang spread to a second city on Monday, with police breaking up fresh protests in Kashgar.

Chinese state media reported that police dispersed more than 200 "rioters" at the city's main mosque.

At least 156 people died and more than 800 were hurt on Sunday when protests in the city of Urumqi turned violent.

Beijing says ethnic Muslim Uighurs went on the rampage, but one exiled Uighur leader says police fired on students.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
No, this isn't over by a longshot. You have Islam versus the Chinese government in China's own land? This is almost a textbook example of an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object. You know the old saying, sooner or later, something's gotta give. Or they'll cancel each other out.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
From what I understand from people who have lived there, China is just not a very diverse culture. The Chinese have little tolerance for minorities. Granted, the Muslims in this case may not be as peace-loving as they should be, but I'm willing to bet it's the large influx of Han Chinese that has led to this ethnic struggle.

Lug

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I wonder how long it will be until we start hearing about Taliban insurgents busy in China? Not long, I'd bet.

This bears watching, especially as the pressure builds up in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Goota feel for those innocent getting hurt in the middle of al this....

[edit on 6-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join