It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US set for tough Moscow summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

US set for tough Moscow summit

news.bbc.co.uk

US President Barack Obama is due in Moscow for a summit with his Russian counterpart Dmitry Medvedev.

Relations between the two countries have been marked by differences over national interest in recent years.

Arms control will top the agenda of the summit. The Soviet-era Start I accord expires in December.

The two leaders are also expected to discuss regional issues such as Iran, European security and Afghanistan during the two-day visit.

President Obama will hold talks with Vladimir Putin,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I found the BBC news 24 take on this funny. Where they showed the empty warehouses where the nukes used to be stored, they said later on "but the Russian's still keep plenty of ICBM portable nukes on the back of lorries, which still drive around the countryside in Russia.

Nice! I thought imagine seeing those drive through your village! Who knows what other kind of portable nukes or suitcase nukes they have moved away to underground warehouses that they still have operational. The empty warehouses shown in the video are a bit misleading I think.

Does anyone in the states see ICBM nukes still on lorries, or are yours all now in silos and submarines, presumable like ours over here in Britain?

Anyway Russian's still parading these around like toys as we all did during the cold war... time to grow up Mr. Putin and Medvedev?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This is a meeting of two marrionettes...these poor, dwindled figures are both controlled by blocs of forces behind them and are merely squaking puppets..."Hey I've got a good idea ruskies, let's you and I bring our sock puppets together and have them quack at each other for awhile and it will look like something is getting done. Then we can all break for milk and cookies! yaaay!"

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
News24 were talking about this earlier.
The general consensus is that the cost of keeping these old warheads is too much, so both tards would like to get rid of the bulk of them.
Because of the nature of politics the U.S. Is gonna let the russians take back a lot of the former block countries and say nothing, while the russians are going to help U.S with Iran.
I would not like to be in chechneya in a few months, I hate politics because of this aspect, get rid of nukes (great) let putin and his lapdog realize their dream of bringing back the old soviet union (awful).

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Badfuture]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Obama made another gaffe by putting the boot into Putin with his comments- Putin remains the man you do business with in Russia

Calamity Obama

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I think both Russia and America will be shoving nukes down their pants trying to hide them and hope neither one finds out.Plus America is still going ahead with the missile shield...then again..the overthrow of the last tsar+Central Bank...dog and pony show for the masses?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Anyway Russian's still parading these around like toys as we all did during the cold war... time to grow up Mr. Putin and Medvedev?

Uk and america kill millions of iraqis and you tell russians to grow up, lol.

I love the way putin is seen by you guys.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033Uk and america kill millions of iraqis and you tell russians to grow up, lol.

I opposed our involvement in removing saddam but we did not "kill" millions of iraqis

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

No,you and the Uk were just the catalyst...between 500,000 and one million,pick a number...all for some oil and geo-political influence in the area.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by andy1033Uk and america kill millions of iraqis and you tell russians to grow up, lol.

I opposed our involvement in removing saddam but we did not "kill" millions of iraqis

Between both wars they reckon a millin kids died of the sanctions, and the american leaders loved it. Just because it was not on the news, lol.

You do not know how many people have died since 1990, with both wars and sanctions, and aftermath with regards to anglo american actions.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
No,you and the Uk were just the catalyst...between 500,000 and one million,pick a number...all for some oil and geo-political influence in the area.

If you want to be funny about it Sadam was the catalyst when he came to power, we can all pick abstract points- bottom line is "WE" did not kill most Iraqis- it was fellow Iraqis, foreign jihadists and ex baathists.

Once again, I did not support the bloody war

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Between both wars they reckon a millin kids died of the sanctions, and the american leaders loved it. Just because it was not on the news, lol.

so it wasn't Saddam and his party that caused it, it was "sanctions"- Saddam could have had those sanctions lifted at any time, thats where the blame lies- as for american leaders "loving it"- what evidence have you that they enjoyed kids dying?

You do not know how many people have died since 1990, with both wars and sanctions, and aftermath with regards to anglo american actions.

most iraqis were killed by fellow iraqis, foreign jihadists and ex baathists- in your world do the people who actually do the shooting and stabbing get absolved of their direct actions?

I did not support the war btw

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

After it came to the international communities attention that Saddam had gassed the kurds,with european biological weapons sold to him and dropped from American helicopters also sold to him.The congress wrote up a bill to stop the arms trade between America and Iraq...guess what? the whitehouse threw the bill out...So you are correct,america along with other major world leaders dont care.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
After it came to the international communities attention that Saddam had gassed the kurds,with european biological weapons sold to him and dropped from American helicopters also sold to him.The congress wrote up a bill to stop the arms trade between America and Iraq...guess what? the whitehouse threw the bill out...So you are correct,america along with other major world leaders dont care.

Yeah and France and Russia were his biggest suppliers, and yeah, major leaders may not care etc etc

None of that takes away from the basic fundamental point that WE did not kill most Iraqis- that is like charging a handgun manufacturer with murder

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Back on topic...

The numbers would be around 1500 nukes each. That's more than enough to pulverize the other side in case of a full out nuclear exchange. Remember these are not those tiny WWII sized ones North Korea has been popping off. Puppets or not I'm glad the negotiations are going on. It will give each side a chance to remove the older less stable nukes that have been sitting around for decades. The most dangerous ones IMO.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Of course we helped kill loads of iraqis, what's your point???
As for putin is there any other way to see him, other than a cheap corrupt commie dictator who killed many chechneyans???

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Badfuture

Commie? are you serious? anyway,slayer is right...we should stick to the topic.I still think this is nothing but showmanship for the cameras,it means nothing in the end.1,500 nukes can do alot of damage...and i don't think Russia will be happy until NATO stops expanding around ex soviet union countries plus the faux defensive missile shield is scrapped.Obama didn't hint at that,gave the usual Iran,N.korea rogue states crap.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

what's wrong with commie??? Perhaps pinko instead, man I got to stop using these 60s anti russian words.
I notice you had no problem with the other adjectives lol.
But seriously now, as you say the nukes are but a sideshow,the real manouvering is about nato and old russia..

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I have a feeling if ObaOba trys his evil eye, Putin will poke it out..

i dont think these talks will end well..I have a hunch..

new topics

top topics

join