It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overactive Imagination?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Before I begin I will warn you that my story telling and writing skill are worse than Sarah Palins.

I have a couple stories that I want to tell that has been hanging around in my memory for nearly 30 years. I was around 6 years old, in the living room sitting on the floor playing with Lincoln logs and watching television on one of those huge consoles that was sitting in the corner of the room.
While playing I heard someone call my name, but the voice wasn't far away, it was in the same room. I looked up at the t.v. and I kid you not, a life sized stick figure(the kind a child would draw on paper) stood up from behind the television and waved at me. I'm not kidding, this thing was drawn in orange crayon, had four spikes of hair on its head, its right eye was larger than the left, its mouth was a straight line with two buck teeth, it had 3 fingers on each hand and used its right had to wave at me. I couldn't see its legs, they were behind the tv, I could only see it from the waist up.
Scared sh*tless,I ran to my parents room to tell them what I saw and of course they didn't take me seriously and sent me back to the living room. To this day I can see this thing pop up from behind the tv and wave at me, clear as day!

Now for the second story. I'm 12 years old, living in a different house on a farm. On many occasions at night I would have this strange sensation on my legs. It felt as if a cat was trying to find a comfortable spot to lay down, but it was very light weight but definitely heavy enough to feel it.
This would go on night after night. I wouldn't even asleep yet, this would happen the moment I laid down. I would look down at my legs and not see anything, but the sensation would still be there. Again, I would tell my parents about it and they would tell me my legs were growing.

One evening around 2:30 in the morning I got up out of bed and walked down the hall to the restroom. On my way back to my room, I stood there in the doorway frozen at what I saw sitting on my bed. It was the creepiest thing I had ever seen.
It was a baby, sitting at the foot of my bed with its back to me. It had blonde hair, It was sort of chubby, and it had a cloth diaper on. As I stood there watching this baby, it turned its head and looked at me. It had the biggest, shiniest, blackest eyes. It then turned its head to the forward position and crawled into the wall next to my bed.

What do you think I did next? Nope, I didn't run to my parents room. I walked over to the bed and got back in and went to sleep with my head covered. Yeah, I got back in bed. Don't ask why, I just did.
I can still recall this incident like it happened yesterday down to the fine details like the pin that was holding the diaper on.

Is it normal to carry these memories in detail if they were just my imagination? I would have thought they would have been forgotten over time.

Thanks for listening to my ramblings and feel free to ask questions!
Tartar

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Tartarspoon]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tartarspoon

I would say it is normal to retain them. They seem to have had a profound impact on you at the time and therefore were retained.

The first story...I would easily say imagination lol. A stick figure behind a TV. that is pretty wild

The second however, not thinking it was so much imagination. The fact that you got back in bed is pretty wild in itself. I can offer no explanation to it, just that it is creepy and I would have loved every second of it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

TextThe first story...I would easily say imagination lol. A stick figure behind a TV. that is pretty wild

I know where you're coming from. Its hard to believe, especially a
stick figure
But damn, I can still recall hearing it say my name to call my attention to the T.V. It still creeps me out.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Whether one believes in Spirits, or whether one believes in the Astral Plane, or whether one adheres to belief in the Subconscious, the appearance of such visitations is common in them all.

In all cases, they are meant to gain your attention. In all cases, regardless of whether you choose to believe in Spirits as your religion tells you, or believe in the Astral Plane, or believe in the Subconscious, the proper response is to not feed them and pay them any attention.

We tend to have many more of these visions and visitations when we are children. They tend to reappear in frequency when one begins rigorous meditative practices, sleep experiments, or religious/magickal rites. Whether they are creations of the Ego, or something external to our existence, doesn't really matter. They are there to distract you and prey upon your fear and feed upon your attention.

Although when parents are dismissive and say "It's all in your imagination" it's not bad advice...it's actually the proper way when dealing with them.

new topics

top topics

join