It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are so many ATS'ers "anti-Environmentalist?"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I found this article linked to on yahoo.com today...made me a little wistful and reminiscent of my childhood because like the author, I too remember walking in average fields of grass and through our suburban neighborhoods and seeing bees and butterflies just EVERYWHERE....and now....well im literally taken aback when i actually encounter a honey bee in the wild. Take it how you will but its an interesting and distinctly non-scientific article.

www.mercurynews.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
C0bzz - Do you have a PHD in Climatology? Have you spent months in the arctic releasing weather balloons and collecting core samples?

If not then all you have proved as that you can read and know how to surf the web.

All of the links you provide is second hand knowledge. I can provide just as many links to web sites, reports, scientific findings etc... But really there is no point.

The only reason i am saying this is (and i mean no offence here because i realise it is a subject that we are all passionate about) because you come across as slightly arrogant in your reply’s... almost like AL Gores photo negative.

I believe in manmade GW... but I don’t know it as 100% fact. I openly admit (as I have done in past threads) that i have taken a leap of faith with regards to what side of the fence I sit on. And if I ignore all the fancy charts, scientific reports and multitude of data that has been collected (which, if I am honest I don’t completely understand anyway) then all I have left is my gut instinct.

The Anti GW believers have more to lose in the way of short sited material wealth...

It’s like gambling...

If we gamble on the Anti GW people then in the worst case scenario the human race could become extinct.

If we gamble on the environmentalist then the worst case scenario is that they are wrong and we could have higher taxes, less fossil fuel reliance and a cleaner planet.

I would guess that 95% of the human race does not truly understand the science behind Climatology and GW issues. They just regurgitate what they have read as if it is their own discovery’s and work. It probably one of the down sides to the internet... suddenly everyone is a self appointed expert because of “what they read” somewhere!

This applies to everyone... just something to think about before we bash the next person over the head with second hand knowledge

[edit on 25-7-2009 by Muckster]

posted on Jul, 25 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Being "well read" is being informed.
Being able to distinguish propoganda from hard data takes intelligence.
It's because we've all read "something somewhere" that allows us to have an informed opinion.

I guess it must be disappointing for some that we aren't as "dumbed down" as people would hope. And that we have educated ourselves enough to know when one is trying to pull the wool over our eyes.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Yes... Being "well read" IS being informed. But if what we are reading is garbage it doesn’t really mean much.

I would argue that being able to distinguish propaganda from hard data takes wisdom. It is good to be intelligent. But it is better to be wise.

There were plenty of scientists in the past that were clever enough to ask can we, Intelligent enough to say yes, but not wise enough to ask “should we”

I’ve got friends that finished school at 16 and are twice as smart as some of my friends who went to uni. Being able to absorb and remember data/words and then repeat them does not make a person wise... just means they are a clever parrot.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You know, if global warming was actually proven 100% or 99.999999999999% to be caused by humans, I would support it.

To bad scientists all over say otherwise.

On top of all that, after the government tries and pushes all of this BS tax on us because it is "man caused", people really do not care about their plans that involve anything helping the world.

Why?

Because they have to make their pockets greener while workers pockets dry up.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

COME ON HERE PEOPLE OUR PLANET IS DYING! ITS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE, [edit on 7/5/09 by silent thunder]

No. It's not dying but it has been defaced. It's being used as a poster child for a new religion designed to control everybody everywhere.

These GREEN people want to use ten times the technology and money to get a fraction of the benefits for nature and they will make a fortune doing it.
You show me a healthy and intelligent way to help the earth and I'll be all over it but I can't get on board with a global agenda to control people and population for money and power disguised as a benevolent new mother earth religion.

Until I see some real effort to help the planet and not the pocketbooks of the politicians, big money and green special interests then I'm going to fight the green cults.

Oh, don't you love the pitter patter of teeny tiny little carbon footprints?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join