It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Flare on July 7 is a Scam!!(and we're helping)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Just like the Blossom Goodchild story, that went in correlation with the movie plot of "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull", the movie "Knowing" goes hand in hand with the July 7 Solar Flare predictions. Let me explain a little more.

"Knowing" is about a man that deciphers an old paper with numbers on it and finds that a solar flare is supposed to end the world.

Now the correlation. This movie comes out on dvd July 7, this Tuesday, the same day this supposed solar flare is to happen.

EXACYLY How the Goodchild sighting was supposed to happen on October 14 2008 and obviously didn't. Instead, "Indiana Jones" came out on that day.

Once Again It's Just Marketing!
PLEASE DENY IGNORANCE

Blossom Goodchild and Indiana Jones correlation

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
i have considered the possibility.

also considering that the circles where made by a team in england, who got paid to do this. I would say its probably marketing.

we will see 7-7-09 is coming up in a couple days.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
[edit on 7/5/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
so the recent solar flare activity and sun spots don't mean anything eh?
also you still believe these are man made?
alright Ill go along.
lets say the movie Knowing(which sucked btw) is doing a marketing campaign not just in Britain at that.(all over the world).Do you really think farmers would be up to such a thing?
sure im skeptical aswell, but this marketing campaign theory doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stereotype

did they coincidentally know or cause the recent sun activity? hmm...

i really don't buy that this is a viral marketing...i think thats a weak argument that i'm seeing more and more as time goes on here on ATS.

you'd think if this is what it was...there would be some indication or some leakage into the mass media, no?

i don't buy it...
this solar storm may not occur...
but i still don't think there is any marketing for the release of a DVD...not even its original release to theaters.

EDIT:
for the record, i DID love the movie...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
i think many people just need to believe that something will happen soon for many reasons either for been bored or desperate for some change or fear or etc, so is easy to accept a date and believe in that day will be it but who knows maybe something will happen guess the only way to know it is to wait, is only 2 days to see it but seems like eternity to wait

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IchooseFreewill
Do you really think farmers would be up to such a thing?
sure im skeptical aswell, but this marketing campaign theory doesn't make sense to me.

If the moneys right!

You've seen the movie you know what its about. Its almost as if this marketing campaign is subliminal!

Get the idea of a possible Solar Flare into peoples heads.

Have a movie that can fix theyre needs

Make the date of the Solar Flare be the date of the dvd release.

Get people to buy the movie!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Personally for me I will be watching the whole thing to see how it pans out.
It will be interesting to see if:

A: If this does come to fruition and there are mass solar flares as discussed then this would be proof beyond proof that we are not alone.
B: If it doesnt occur then we are all being lied!

There is only two ways this can go?

.......But this may or may not be a media stunt, if it is how did they know that the sun spots would be occurring now, cause if I recall, not even NASA knew when they would appear next!!!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
reply to post by stereotype

did they coincidentally know or cause the recent sun activity? hmm...

i really don't buy that this is a viral marketing...i think thats a weak argument that i'm seeing more and more as time goes on here on ATS.

[edit on 7/5/2009 by double_frick]

No, I believe sun activity is real. But it's like the "2012" mystery.

Make more hype about it, causing people to become interested. The more people talk about the issue, the more other people get interested in the subject.

Then make money off it with a upcoming cheesy film!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Hmmm...
I have a hard time believing the few people who even really look at a crop circle are gonna study it and figure out the meaning behind it only to think "OH that's right! I gotta get that DVD!"

I don't know who or what is behind the crop circles, but it seems it would make more sense to spend advertising dollars on gimmicks that are a little more noticeable.

For example, the District 9 movie...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

Unless the same people who are making the crop circles and providing the answers as well.

The term "viral marketing" has also been used pejoratively to refer to stealth marketing campaigns—the unscrupulous use of astroturfing on-line combined with undermarket advertising in shopping centers to create the impression of spontaneous word of mouth enthusiasm.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereotype

Unless the same people who are making the crop circles and providing the answers as well.

The term "viral marketing" has also been used pejoratively to refer to stealth marketing campaigns—the unscrupulous use of astroturfing on-line combined with undermarket advertising in shopping centers to create the impression of spontaneous word of mouth enthusiasm.

So make a crop circle of a Jellyfish??
Blended in the same area as dozens of other crop circles??
In the middle of nowhere??

I seemed to have missed the media attention this dvd got from the crop circles. Which news stations are covering this? Major online networks? Newspapers?

I see a conspiracy site looking at crop circles, and what I'm seeing in most of the crop circle threads here are people still trying to come up with their own conclusions of the meaning behind each one. Since one conclusion (July 7 solar event) is just around the corner, this suggested possibility is getting a lot of attention right now to see if it was even right... not any movie. (Now if it ends up really happening, that might be big brownie points for the dvd eh?)

Personally, the crop circles make me more curious about the crop circles themselves, their combined meanings, and who is behind them. I certainly wasn't thinking about that movie, and it doesn't look like too many others were either. So if that honestly was their attempt, they just failed miserably. (That's why in your own quote it says "...advertising in shopping centers." Because the idea is to get the attention of the mass public, not just a conspiracy site.)

But hey, technically the theory works... they got your attention right?!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
lol ... you are funny man .... looks like a crazy dog

well ... I dont think your theory is right ... really ...

everyday is a day with some kind of event that you can relate to ... so, really ... stop with this #

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well, looks like its NOT A SCAM!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Well the marketing plan isn't working very well, considering I am totally fascinated by the Crop circles, but have no intention to go and watch 'Knowing'...

And besides, in the UK, the crop circles are not spalshed all over the news, or big talk, it's only a minorty paying attention to this subject.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I

So now the crop circles were letting us know that we would find a sun spot today?

Funny because Sun Spot 1024 is what everyones been blabbing about!!

No flares today, looks like some people wont accept the fact that these "predictions" are wrong.

Why dont we take a second and think why hoopla is being made about these so-called issues.

You do realize ATS is NOT a nonprofit orginization dont you?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mer Ka Bah
Well the marketing plan isn't working very well, considering I am totally fascinated by the Crop circles, but have no intention to go and watch 'Knowing'...

And besides, in the UK, the crop circles are not spalshed all over the news, or big talk, it's only a minorty paying attention to this subject.

Just like ATS's minority is the same as people who watch Sci Fi.

Point being, if you market a "product" correctly, you want to hit a certain demographic of people because everyone appeals to different techniques, issues, and "products."

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereotype

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I

So now the crop circles were letting us know that we would find a sun spot today?

Funny because Sun Spot 1024 is what everyones been blabbing about!!

No flares today, looks like some people wont accept the fact that these "predictions" are wrong.

Why dont we take a second and think why hoopla is being made about these so-called issues.

You do realize ATS is NOT a nonprofit orginization dont you?

You had better look at SOHO for yourself. You see that huge flare shoot out to the right, Yeah that happened today.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mer Ka Bah

Exactly. The few people who are paying attention to crop circles have been anticipating to see if the 7/7 interpretation was a correct guess or not... rather than thinking of a movie.

Also interesting... is the dvd being released on 7/7 where the crop circles are?
Nope... not until August 3rd 2009
Amazon.uk release of Knowing dvd

Hmm... rather strange marketing plan.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

This strategy is more like NBC broadcasting about Global Warming.

But what they dont tell you is that NBC and its owners GE, are just capitalizing on the whole thing by making the problem & giving people the solution!

Same as this. People are told about the Solar Flares but its just to get the idea in their heads.

I find this whole thing as CRAZY as you do, but is it that hard to believe that marketing is being pushed to a different level?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by stereotype]

[edit on 7-7-2009 by stereotype]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join