It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cryptid Attacks?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Greetings everyone

I have a question that I haven't seen answered around here. Has there been any evidence of a cryptid attacking or killing a person or other cryptid? There are reports of hundreds upon thousands of cryptids in the world. Do you think the probability of this occurring is realistic ?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tartarspoon

there are quite a few reports/claims of people being attacked by sasquatch/bigfoot/yeti/yeren or anything of that ilk, but it hasnt really been proven. i dont ever remember hearing a doctor or some professional claim the animal that attacked the person was definitely unknown

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You should ask ravenshadow13, she is pretty much a expert in crypto, as are fooffstarr or Gemwolf....u2u one of them.

[edit on 7/5/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 7/5/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Maybe not necessarily attacking people directly, BUT, Mothman was at point pleasant (and other places, not sure of them, I live near PP) prior to the December 15, 1967 collapse of the Silver Bridge

And the Jersey Devil has been reported to attack people, directly from Wikipedia & the report itself --

January 1909 21st (Thursday) – The creature attacked a trolley car in Haddon Heights, but was chased off. Trolley cars in several other towns began to maintain armed guards, and several poultry farmers found their chickens dead. The devil was reported to collide with an electric rail in Clayton, but was not killed. A telegraph worker near Atlantic City claimed to have shot the devil, only to watch it limp into the woods. The creature apparently was not fazed as it continued the rampage through Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and West Collingswood, New Jersey (where it was supposedly hosed by the local fire department). The devil seemed poised to attack nearby people, who defensively threw any available objects at it. The creature suddenly flew away—and reemerged in Camden to injure a dog, ripping a chunk of flesh from its cheek before the dog's owner drove it away. This was the first reported devil attack on a living creature.

And of course the Chupacabra has killed chickens, which indirectly effects people.

Thats about all I know of, well, unless you consider Aliens cryptids, then they have attacked thousands of people

That's all I'm willing to look up currently, hope this answered your question!

-Edit Forgot to put month and year of Jersey devil attack

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Shaved Yeti]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
As far as I know, there no verified attacks on people. Many, many stories though, including this one:

Lawndale, Illinois Thunderbird attack

Been into cryptids for years and haven't seen anything myself

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Oh, forgot all about other kinds of cryptids, like the Colossal Squid (kraken? possibly) and Dragons, they are considered cryptids and have been reported to attack people, be it before we understood more about these creatures, and actually required proof in society to prove this stuff actually happened, but it was documented back in their different time periods.

And the supposed monkey that was shot and had its head held up by a spear? cant find the image or name of it, but it was running at a group of hunters and they shot and killed it, it was an ugly son of a gun!

and the man eating trees, but thats probably just a bunch of hoobla anyway.

Well, im either off to bed or off to more research, i might post back in here tomorrow after i have some time to look up more info

hope this helps!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaved Yeti

The Colossal and Giant Squids aren't cryptids anymore, they are known and documented creatures. Cryptids are unknown and non scientifically documented creatures.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Shaved Yeti

The Colossal and Giant Squids aren't cryptids anymore, they are known and documented creatures. Cryptids are unknown and non scientifically documented creatures.

I figured as much
but I figured i'd shove them in there to show that there were reports of attacks by cryptids, because a few years ago, they woulda been cryptids

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
great replies !

Plenty here to keep me busy for a bit.
I've heard the stories, but never delved too deeply into the legends to get a full understanding of them. So my curiosity got the best of me and I had to ask. So as far as anyone knows, no one has ever been taken to a hospital for a Jersey Devil lashing?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the links in your op. I took a look at them and came away with a slightly different perspective on your post. A Star, a flag, and a thumbs up.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This report came to mind right away. Its a really good one also! About a plesiosaur-like animal that attacks and eats some folks off Pensacola, Florida.

with illistrations. go here www.sott.net...

credit goes to Matt Bille
Fate magazine and sott. net

[edit on 5-7-2009 by RUFFREADY]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Thanks RUFFREADY

He did report the deaths at the time, says the authorities and reporters told him to leave out the sea monster. One body was recovered. The man had died by drowning

You know, if I witnessed that I would insist on the creature being in the official report. Seems to be an important piece to the puzzle

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
From what I've heard a Chupacabra tried to attack a child, but...failed a bit.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yes, but there was a time when giant squids were cryptids, and during this time they were said to sometimes attack boats (stories from ancient mariners). So this actually speaks directly to the point of the question, since as soon as there is a scientifically confirmed attack by a cryptid, that creature will cease to be a cryptid.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Pretty much every time you hear about a cryptid "attack" three things are common.

1) The creature is violent just to be violent
2) it has "glowing red eyes"
and 3) The victim escapes unharmed "though it was close!"

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I've heard many stories of campers and loggers getting pestered by sasquatches or attacked or even just seeing them around. I think that the scariest part for me is that these reports come from parts all over British Columbia. Coastal and inland.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I've heard by word of mouth (credibility not guaranteed but is anything in this subject really guaranteed?) of some guys getting large rocks thrown at them from the tree line including one guy getting hit on the arm and receiving a fracture. There haven't been many red eyed encounters nor creatures being violent. But there have been many encounters where nobody got hurt but they have been shaken by the experience.

top topics

join