It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant about New Agers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The New Age movement makes about as much sense as Christianity- but meh it's infinetly more interesting

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

I know, right? Why couldn't people stick with the old age stuff? What happened to good ol' vampires and old style london goth? Or even Druids/psychics/magicians? All might be made up (cept the goth thing) but at least they have been around long enough and have already been through all the ridicule and criticism. But nope, the old stuff wasn't good enough. They had to be new and "Special"

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Remember, it isn't the kids fault. It is the fault of the parents for not correcting bad behavior and allowing their kids to think they are the salvation of the Earth.

I believe in positive reinforcement, but it needs to be done in moderation. Kids also need to know they will make many mistakes in life as it is a learning process. (I remember getting into an argument with my brother over this. He thinks it is up to parents to prevent their kids from making any mistakes. I say how are they going to learn from life if they do not experience the bad with the good?)

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more! What wrong with being a good old fashioned spook eh? Witchcraft has done us alright for centuries....why change it....? Well, apart from the "setting fire to" episode in the Middle Ages, I guess....but we're still here............

edit for rubbish spelling....

[edit on 9-7-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I have just have become aware of the indigo movement recently, it just makes me laugh. Most kids think they are special or invincible in someway, we've all been there, but once the comfort of home with mommy and daddy is a thing of the past, then you begin to realize what your parents went through and how life is not as easy as we thought it was. Makes me think of the kids in high school that are good at their sport and think of themselves as the next best thing, but when they enter college they realize that they are just a big fish from a very small pond really quickly.

I do have to agree about the "new age" fad/trend. It really does get annoying when these people are trying to "play the part" so to speak. I don't have a problem with lot of people who have these beliefs and are not at all the stereotype you would except. I remember a few years ago at borders, i was looking through the books in the metaphysics section, which is right next to the pagan stuff and this girl, she had to have been around 19 or 20, but she was reading out of one of the wicca books, and she turned then gave me this attempt at a penetrating stare that I guess was supposed to frighten me or something.

But I just laughed at her. I asked her if just because she gave me that look and was looking out of a wicca book that it was supposed to frighten me or whatever. She tried talking all poetically, which it is obvious she was repeating something from the book. Now I don't say wicca or paganism is stupid or bad, but I just can tell the difference between someone who is a pagan on a daily basis, and one who pretend to be one just because it looks cool and it's against their parents belief. She was definitely one who was just going with the fad, I guess. I tried getting her to talk about it more, but she just kept up this silly act that no actual wiccan or pagan I know would act, but then she finally gave up, put the book down and walked away.

So anyway, as far as the new age thing goes, as long as they are not trying to act the part, and are actually devoted to it for real, then I don't have a problem with it. They pretty much want to be kept to themselves anyway.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

I agree with your post, but I do think that peace and harmony shall rule someday, I optimisitic about it, now let's just have everyone get on board!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join