It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rant about New Agers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
First off I am 23 years old. Although I am a young person in comparison to alot of ATS members (no offence) I have NEVER in my life fallen for all the new age crap going on. One of the hot topics right now being the "Indigo" movement. Although I have been a member of ATS for over a year now, this is the first time I have ever spent days upon days obsessing about a specific topic.

The indigo kids, along with the new age wicca and other things really get on my nerves. It isn't enough that parents don't care about their kids and in turn give the Child everything they could ever want. Even then, the kids want MORE. They need to run the world. It isn't enough to boss their parents or teachers around when they get butt hurt. They gotta make believe they are the savior of our planet.

I really don't give a rats butt if your Aura is blue, yellow, red or made of bricks. Hell, I don't mind people openly sharing their paranormal experiences with the world. I have had a few myself and believe in the paranormal.

But just because some 13 year old tells me he is special and feels like "Royalty" does not mean for one second that I am going to cater to him/her.

Any 13 year old brat who thinks they are going to "save" me has another thing comin. Saddle up kiddos, ain't nothin you can do when the nukes drop. You are going to die just as horribly as the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

Why get bent out of shape about "Indigo Kids?" Everyone thinks that they are special/different in one way or another. If these kids think they are put here to save people, good for them. In my opinion, that is a lot better than the kids who don't give a damn about anything other than themselves.

I am of the opinion that most people suck to varying degrees. "Indigo Children" are pretty low on the scale of people that irritate me though. Then again, I am not around many of them so maybe that is why I tolerate it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
All i'm gonna say is, when the [snip] hits the fan..ain't no videogame on the planet that's gonna save you.
:shk:
you wanna feel entitled to something? you are entitled to be the first to die off.
thats my indigo thought for the day.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I really have to agree with you. A lot of the New Age stuff we are presented with is marketing and hype...nothing more. There is some really important work going on, but it's nothing to do with the Indigo movement, which really seems to be about making Mummy's little soldier and princess feel important.

It's ok to rant....I do the same myself, and it why I steer clear of the new age tripe.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Hi sweetie

Agree entirely that making kids feel they're above everyone else is somewhat creepy.
That is not goin to save the planet--no way !!!
What might--is if everyone accepted the fact that we are born into the world as an equal. IMO nobody is better than anyone else.
It's money and power that are the true destructive forces.
If a soul is born into a poverty stricken life, their opportunities become much more limited. It's so unfair.
My utopia would be a world where everyone accepted and respected everyone else. Where peace n harmony ruled.
Never goin to happen though is it !!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I really think you should read about Wicca before you make comments about it. It's not annoying or bad or fake. It's a religion and has been around a long time. Just because it annoys you doesnt mean its annoying or not real. Yes it has become really popular and I think certain shows that came out years ago...IE Charmed and BTVS helped it to become more mainstream.. To be honest I never really thought of Wicca until I saw BTVS and when I read about it and let me say I have about 50 books on it now, it really made more sense to me than most religions I read about. It helped me a lot in my life. I dont really consider myself 100% Wiccan but I do follow a lot of it.

As for the Indigo's I dont really know too much about them. I have seen numerous books while at the bookstore on it and looked at a couple and it just didnt interest me. If people want to say they are special then so be it. It doesnt affect me either way.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
When it comes to teaching moral and ethics, religions are *usually* allright. When it comes to teaching people how to live together as a society, it is also ok. The thing is, these functions of religions do NOT work on global scale, but inside a single country, those religions will keep the population happy.

I know you can give me a million examples of why these two claims of mine are not true, but if you look at the big picture, only 1% of people do not follow morals and ethics.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I have read tons about wicca. I know the real wicca is based on old pagan beliefs and alot of it might have some merit. But all this new age crap is NOT real wicca

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

No it's not. It is kind of looked at in a fun way I guess you could say now. I dont like that part at all. It's been "revised" I guess you could say. Some of the newer stuff I like and some I just dont.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

In most new wiccan books you buy, there is usually a reference to some pagan belief or center nearby. They may not be exactly the same belief. (Namely because paganism has been around since the beginning of time) But alot of new age wiccan ideas were based on the old pagan beliefs. Which I have no problem with. It's the kids that say "I'm a witch, I can curse you all to hell if you mess with me" that really get on my nerves

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Wiccan is an offshoot of Paganism. Modern Wicca started in the 1960s, and is based on many ancient ideas. The fact is Wicca is a new name for an old idea. Druidism and other Pagan beliefs usually make up Wiccan beliefs, but they are different with each person who practices it. Wicca and Paganism can be personalized to fit ones beliefs. It is about nature and what surrounds us more than it is about dogma.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Oh I agree! I have a girl at work who runs around telling everyone she is Wiccan and not to mess with her she will put a hex on you. I laugh at her and say well then you should now that most Wiccans never run around saying that and that you never do harm to others! She really drives me insane. I asked her one day about Wiccan and it's origins and she didnt know a thing! I told her to get a book and read! Like I said before I think certain shows made it more mainstream and "popular," and most of those people dont really know what it really is and it drives me insane.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I reckon it's time to go get us sum of dem's indiger cheeldens!

Meh, a little odd but mostly harmless if you ask me ...
Pretty much like the rest of us.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Gyah, I dated a girl once who thought she was an "indigo" because her eyes were grey. Rich parents, spoiled to death, etc. One time, we were in a particular weird town in Northern Arizona where all of this 'new agey' stuff is really big, and there was a place that did psychic readings for $5 or something like that. Not believing in it myself, I wanted to do it to see what it's like -- for laughs and whatnot. She said she wouldn't because, and I quote, "I just think that there's something special about me...like I have a connection to the earth or something...and I'm afraid to find out what they'll say."

She wound up leaving me because she thought she was too good for me. I was still living at home and getting through college (at 21,) and her mom was paying for her college, paying for her dorm, paying for her car, and got her a nice cushy office job in the company for which she was a business consultant.

Yeah, the indigo thing is a load of crap. Spoiled kids who think they're better than everyone else for no reason at all (Except a lack of pigment?) And I'm not sure they are any better than the kids who 'don't care about anything but themselves,' because when it comes down to it, they're more selfish than anyone. They don't think they're meant to save us because they care, they think so because they want to elevate themselves above us.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Herman

That is precisely what I was getting at haha. It's not enough to have mommy pay for everything, she had to be a new breed of human that was sent to replace the old meat heads.

in reply to kidflash2008. That's exactly what I was saying. People get mad when someone speaks TRUTH and FACT. (not you kidflash) Try telling a new ager that their beliefs originated thousands of years ago and they go blank. New Age crap is just another system of instant gratification for the generation that ALREADY has everything.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
So if I may step out on the ole branch...you're problem isn't with indigo kids...it's with spoiled kids...would you have the same issue if some Cathloic girl talked about how special she was and did the same annoying actions because she was saved?

Trust me...I am there...the silly little kids who are fakers are just out of it...they have no clue

PS...I am not indigo..I am an Egyptian Pagan myself...but mostly I keep my spirituality to me

I wouldn't worry much about them...just wait until they try to get an indigo discount when they want to see a movie...it'll be you who gets to laugh

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Pretty much. I mean, if kids want to label themselves special then whatever. But they don't have to treat the rest of the world like dirt just because they live in some RPG going on in their heads.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Oh I agree OP...but hey kids can treat you like crap whether they are indigo or not...

seriously though...I am gonna start a company and claim I offer and Indigo discount...see if people show up :-p

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Can I start it with you? we could claim discounts and then charge extra fees to make up for the discount and then some. They'd never know what hit them because no one would DARE screw them out of their money...they are too important, right?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well I am thinking you have a fine idea :-p

See it's easy to forget em all :-p

...and make money

-Kyo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join