It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(IWWC) The Last Breath of God.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The last breath of God.

Jaime knew these were the last moments of her life. The war was coming to an end and she would be one of its final casualties. She actually didn’t mind, it would be nice to relax for a while and let this sadness wash away from her. Death had never been something she dreaded or feared, because she knew the end of the journey was never really the end of the journey, but always the beginning of something new.

She’d known herself to be Indigo in the time when that meant nothing, how she longed for those days. Those who actually spoke of it considered it a joke and laughed at the idea. Her kind were scorned and ridiculed as obsessive, self important and quite mad. She let the words slip past and went about her business. What they believed had no importance; the age of higher light was upon the world.

“Do you have any last words?”

She did not look up at her questioner, only bowing forward to receive the blow that would take her life. She felt sorrow, not for herself, but for those who had let it come to this. There were less than 100 thousands human beings left on planet Earth, and still they killed one another.

She looked back at the events of the last few years, they had been warned but did not listen. They had been warned.

The Indigo movement had largely been ignored before 2010. They had no leader or direction, only a few books by would be prophets that heralded their arrival. Though laughed at and scorned they went about their lives, caring not for the closed mindedness of the people or derision sent their way.

Then came Bobby. His name was Robert Jason Sanderson the 3rd but Bobby was the only name he went by. In the summer of 2010 he published, “The Indigo Calling” which touched the heart of every Indigo born that read it. The book was a best seller and soon distributed for free across the Internet. Though the Indigo children had always felt a calling, for the first time they actually knew what it was.

His words spoke of how we were all a part of the divine. He dismissed religion as a prison for the mind. Politics were for the greedy and self-serving, Life was to be lived in service to one another, for only by helping your brother or sister along their path could you truly find the happiness on your own.

The most important thing he asked of the Indigo was that they move to higher ground. Form self-sustaining communes in the mountains where they could be with their own kind. Leave the world behind and prepare for the world to come.

They did. He had formed a camp high in the Rocky Mountains but others formed communes in the mountains all around the globe. For two years they worked with one another, creating small city-states in remote regions where they learned to be happy in the company of one another.

The world laughed. They laughed at Bobby, they laughed at the Indigo, at the prophecy.

And then the world itself revolted.

On December 21st of the year 2012 the poles shifted. Tectonic plates slid like glass across the mantle of the Earth. The whole of Africa slid beneath the waters that surrounded it and waves as high as mountains washed across every land mass. Mountains exploded with volcanic eruptions as the planet itself convulse in the dying of the age. Land that had been in the coldest of climates was moved to the tropical regions. Land on the equator found itself in the snow belts. Mankind died by the billions, along with every other animal on the planet.

The survivors were the ones who had sought the highest ground. The Indigo communes, though shaken and not left untouched, had survived. Communications were reestablished quicker than anyone expected. Short wave radio with solar generators soon began to reconnect those who had made it.

Those who had survived also included thousands who were not a part of the Indigo family. Those of the old age who believed an angry God had somehow brought his vengeance upon the world, those who knew and remembered only hate.

And thus begun the Indigo wars.

Those of the old age began to attack the Indigo communes. They would kill any member of the village if they could catch them alone. First though they would demand repentance and an oath of loyalty to their God, Whichever God it was they worshiped.

And so it was, on a day while out collecting water from a stream that Jaime was taken by the old ones. They demanded she repent, acknowledge their God, that she sell out her soul so as they may be faithful to their own. That she deny being whom and what she was.

Leaning forward she waited for the blow that would take her life.

In the distance she heard a baby cry and recognized the sound of one of her own. She understood that all of the children born now would be of her kind, the next step in the growth of mankind. The Indigo had never even needed to put up a fight. Kill them all and the children born the next day would replenish them.

And those of old, the ones who hate and worship an angry and bloodthirsty God, would hear his last breath when the last of them passed from this world. That will be a joyous day.

The blade fell upon her neck.

Disclaimer: As a Mod in this forum I am not eligible for this or any contest.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Interesting MrWupy, very well written and everything holds together nicely. I can definitely visualize someone like Bobby, his book, and natural cataclysm -- all combining to start the Indigo wars.

I can also see the result of those wars -- merciless abuse and extermination of people labeled as Indigos. It is a repeating theme throughout history. Unfortunately.

Finally, I like the characterization of the Indigo persona -- unable to recant their beliefs, still arrogant and confident of their ultimate success. Seems very real. Especially the crying baby, in the moments before Jamie's death.

However, I wonder if victory over fanatical intolerance really comes as easily and as inevitably as she assumed it does, in her final moments. I don't know. That seems like a real-enough attitude for an Indigo (I guess) but seems over optimistic to me.

Thanks for the story.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Axial Leader

However, I wonder if victory over fanatical intolerance really comes as easily and as inevitably as she assumed it does, in her final moments. I don't know. That seems like a real-enough attitude for an Indigo (I guess) but seems over optimistic to me.

I was a part of the Indigo movement for several years. They pretty much believe they have it all figured out and everyone else is wrong. When that one certain Bobby does come along, a new religion will surely be born.

Thanks for the kind words,

[edit on 5-7-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Very well written and interesting. I would suggest that you would add the ones who believed in the merciful God had already been taken. Because for the few that do believe in the merciful God knows that to kill another is to kill yourself. Again very interesting and would make for a great book or even a series of books.. Good Job and Good post.

Sorry haven't figured out how to give S&F's or this would get one.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
I would suggest that you would add the ones who believed in the merciful God had already been taken.

I killed almost seven billion people with this story. That's pretty much a given.

Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate them.

wupy

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I sure hope it never comes to this because it would be a sign that we had not evolved, that Indigo or other is simply dragging the same old ways into the new under the auspice of change.

There has got to be a time of complete blending, just as the last war was of the cromagnum and homosapien.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
WOw, too bad you're not eligable...I rather liked it... or maybe good, cause That was awsome and if I'd have to compete with that I'd lose!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
WOw, too bad you're not eligable...I rather liked it... or maybe good, cause That was awsome and if I'd have to compete with that I'd lose!!!!

You never know my dear, the judges are often a finicky lot.

Thank you for the kind words as I do appreciate them. I enjoyed your entry as well.

Love and light,

wupy

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

I think, "The Last Gasp of God," sounds a little better ... but, that's just marketing stuff ...

Good story.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain
reply to post by mrwupy

I think, "The Last Gasp of God," sounds a little better ... but, that's just marketing stuff ...

Good story.

I'll keep that in mind should I ever decide to do a rewrite.

Thanks for checking out the story.

wupy

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

So sad all of this war, but I am thankful for your story mrwupy. I felt sadness when the little baby at the end cried right before the blade came down. I wonder what will become of that little life? Keeps me wondering. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by mrwupy

So sad all of this war, but I am thankful for your story mrwupy. I felt sadness when the little baby at the end cried right before the blade came down. I wonder what will become of that little life? Keeps me wondering. Thanks.

Thank you for the good thoughts my friend, I've always enjoyed spinning out a yarn and sharing it with the folks.

It's good to know when some appreciates it,

wupy

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Excellent story MrWupy! I like your writing style, very free-flowing and transitions between the present and the past are very smooth and didn't jolt me out of the story.

I like the sadness juxtaposed with the hope for the future -- the old ways are already dead, they just don't know it and are doing what people always have done for the most part -- kill the unknown, rather than attempt to understand it.

well done

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
and are doing what people always have done for the most part -- kill the unknown, rather than attempt to understand it.

Isn't that the truth. Thanks for the kind words my friend, I appreciate them.

wupy

new topics

top topics

join