It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin not under FBI investigation, agency spokesman says.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
This should quiet some of those talking heads at the MSM and they can relax a bit.

By Josh Meyer
The Los Angeles Times
July 5, 2009

Reporting from Washington -- A day after Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin resigned, a federal official in her home state dismissed one potential explanation for her sudden and unexpected resignation: a rumored FBI investigation into the former Wasilla mayor on public corruption charges.

Despite rumors of a looming controversy after the Republican governor's surprise announcement Friday that she would leave office this month, some of them published in the blogosphere, the FBI's Alaska spokesman said the bureau had no investigation into Palin for her activities as governor, as mayor or in any other capacity.

"There is absolutely no truth to those rumors that we're investigating her or getting ready to indict her," Special Agent Eric Gonzalez said in a phone interview Saturday. "It's just not true." He added that there was "no wiggle room" in his comments for any kind of inquiry. www.sarahpac.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
That should put a huge dent in the slanderous gossip of the blogs. I'm glad that they came out rather than let the gossip continue.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981
That should put a huge dent in the slanderous gossip of the blogs. I'm glad that they came out rather than let the gossip continue.
I'm glad that Obama's media czar let the FBI make that statement.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills
This should quiet some of those talking heads at the MSM and they can relax a bit.

Surely, you jest.

Nothing will stop these smear merchants, except some hardball lawsuits and even that won't be enough.

If they stop with this lie, then they will invent another lie.

Pay close attention.

They are playing by the book

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

I really dig the source provided by OP for story.

I did not realize that Sarah Palin had her very own PAC.

Isn't that kinda like the chickens @ KFC having their very own union?

On Topic:
OK, if she AIN'T under investigation, the question remains.

What LOGICAL reason did she have to resign?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Kinda Kurious--

Unfortunately, Palin is not a creature of logic (which is probably a reason why she has so many fans).

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yes but the 'Troopergate' inquiry did find Sarah Palin guilty of abusing her power, so she's like any other dumb politician who gets caught doing dumb things and then never has to answer for it. I'm glad she resigned, hopefully this kills her chances for a 2012 run. Even if puppet master are pulling the strings and the person in office is irrelevant I still can't stand the woman.

The FBI rumors shouldn't be reported on at this point whether they're true or not. So far they are just RUMORS, jesus, the MSM is full of idiots. I can't stand the woman either but their agenda is showing like crazy. More could at least acknowledge that though they may dislike her and her policy choices like me that she is popular with millions of Americans and warrants a tiny amount of the respect they ("as journalist") would show any politician.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
The haters kept saying she should leave politics and be a full time Mom to her kids.
Maybe now she is finally doing it yet it's still not enough.

What will late night comics do now?
Now they have less material to work with but something tells me the Palin bashing will still continue from the left.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

I really dig the source provided by OP for story.

I did not realize that Sarah Palin had her very own PAC.

Isn't that kinda like the chickens @ KFC having their very own union?

On Topic:
OK, if she AIN'T under investigation, the question remains.

What LOGICAL reason did she have to resign?

For what LOGICAL reason did you make the above post????

2nd line: Just kinda kurious

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo

I was responding to a thread in an ON-LINE DISCUSSION FORUM.

The purpose of which is to share, discuss, challenge and learn.

Do I need justification beyond that?

(Regarding Screen names you allude to, I'm old, just not slow.)

On Topic:

She is giving up her elected position prematurely.
Typically, elected officials uphold their positions for the duration of their term.
I inquired as to why. It seems to be part of their obligation. No?

If a winner never quits and a quitter never wins, why does one quit while they are ahead?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo

I was responding to a thread in an ON-LINE DISCUSSION FORUM.

The purpose of which is to share, discuss, challenge and learn.

Do I need justification beyond that?

(Regarding Screen names you allude to, I'm old, just not slow.)

On Topic:

Typically, elected officials uphold their positions for the duration of their term.

If a winner never quits and a quitter never wins, why does one quit while they are ahead?

No harm was intended, I was just kinda curious. Palin's no dummy. IMHO, which I'm sure you will disagree with, so I put nothing past her.

She's cast her lot with TPTB so who could possibly know what the future has in store for here. But TPTB do!!

It's my belief that Obama was pre-ordained to be the next President by the TPTB and McCain's choice of Palin was to cinch the deal, but as sometimes in politics things go wrong and ended up, Palin was more popular than Gramps McCain.

She was short on many things, as is 'The Annointed One" and may need then time down in the lower 48 to get ready for prime time viewing. Alaska's a world unto it own. No place to get ready for nation politics. Obama doesn't have this chance. He's got to learn it "on the fly". I do not envy him, 1 iota!!!

You can knock Palin's choice and timing but it is the end result that counts.

As a 1968 Veteran I took great offense to what John Kerry said about our fellow troops in Vietnam (I call it back stabbing) and heard the comments from my Agent Orange deceased Cousin who was also a Captain on a Swift Boat on the Mekong.

IMHO, the man was a traitor to all Vets because of the actions of a few, yet he resurrected himself for a nearly successful run for the Presidency.

The Yabobs that think Palin's is a fool have a lot to learn about her and 3 1/2 years of the American people getting to know "The Real" Sarah Palin through her travels around the lower 48 can only be to her benefit. She will also learn much more about us.

The Dem's will do everything in their power to destroy her but all they will accomplish will be the alienation of the women of this country who, on a daily basis, knows what she must deal with. They will identify with her as they are now starting to do. If a large enough majority of the women vote for Palin, and 90 % of the GOP does the same, she might just get the entire enchilada.

She's one tough lady and we have not heard the last of here.

The Screams from the left are screams of FEAR!!!!

By 2012, even Grover may be shuddering in his boots (sandels). JK

BTW kinda, I'm the one that's Old and Slow, not you.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Well, here's a "theory" that has been put out there, ...

Palin's Crude Awakening

It's a fair bet that a few months from now it will be abundantly clear that the quirky dynamics of the Alaskan economy had a lot more to do with Palin's retreat than that family poll.
******SKIP******
Oil? Yes, it's all about oil, and it hasn't been a pretty picture this past year if you run an oil exporter, whether you're an Arab Sheikh, or the leader of the 49th State. This has been a rude awakening for Palin who rode on the coattails of soaring oil prices during her first 18 months in office. From January 2007, when she was sworn in as governor, up until the time she became McCain's running mate in August of 2008, crude prices rose by more than 100 percent. And you betcha, much of Palin's so-called political achievements was tied to the action in the oil pits.

Remember the pit bull/hockey mom's boast that she was able to give every Alaskan an extra $1200 dollars in pocket money last summer? Oil. Alaska's enviable budget surplus? Oil. For Palin's Alaska it's now all gone the way of $4 dollar-a-gallon gasoline.
******SKIP******
Earlier this year, Alaskan state lawmakers estimated that the state would run a deficit of $2-3 billion dollars this year, based on $75 dollar barrel oil. It's now 15 percent below that mark, and even bigger deficits are looming.
******SKIP******
Do the math and you can see why Palin wants out of Dodge as soon as possible. The longer she hangs on as governor, the more of her oil-fueled achievements are wiped away.

Could it actually be that Palin doesn't want to be seen as the captain of the ship when it sinks?

Is she just trying to save her "IMAGE" as a successful governor, and just quitting before it really hits the fan??

Is she running away now so that people don't point fingers at her and blame HER when Alaska's budget crunch really hits?

I guess only she really knows, and she won't tell!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I just love the irony(typical) of all the criers about Palin smear campaign, who do nothing but smear themselves.

Guess you don't like in others what you don't like about yourself.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Sarah Palin not under FBI investigation, agency spokesman says.

But you do know that the FBI isn't the only domestic investigation agency don't you?

And who were those guys taking boxes of stuff out of her office and securing her email records? Huh?

Gov. Palin is going down hard and she will rat out all her conspiritors.
Watch this and tell me she isn't a deer in the head lights.

www.youtube.com...

Nice acting job but anyone that even has a little knowledge of NLP could see thru this speech. Even halfassed poker players can tell when someone is bluffing/lying. May I suggest this for all the true believers.....
www.associatedcontent.com...

I for one will miss her on the national stage.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I like how she is touted as not being politics as usual....

but as soon as she becomes Mayor of Wasilla, she asks about banning books and she fires or makes anyone resign that worked for the former mayor she ran against...

Once in office, Ms. Palin asked many of Mr. Stein’s backers to resign — something virtually unheard of in Wasilla in past elections. The public works director, city planner, museum director and others were forced out. The police chief, Irl Stambaugh, was later fired outright.

Those museum directors are a real political threat ya know.

And Stambaugh was the person who helped her get into politics to begin with, when they cooperated on getting the police department together for Wasilla, that he ended up being police chief of.

Seems like she won't let anybody get in her way.

Mr. Stambaugh lost a wrongful termination lawsuit against Ms. Palin. He did not respond to a request for an interview.

Town of 5,000k and she already had a suit brought against her.

Doesn't make troopergate seem so innocent and coincidental.

Ms. Palin also upended the town’s traditional ways with a surprise edict: No employee was to talk to the news media without her permission.

There we go, Can't just censor the the library books.

Ms. Palin, her critics note, was not always the fiscal watchdog she has since boasted of being. In her second term as mayor, she pushed for a half-cent raise in the local sales tax to pay for a $15 million sports complex. The complex is popular and a junior league hockey team plays there now, but the city recently had to pay more than $1.3 million to settle an ownership dispute over the site

I am sure that a town of now 10k can afford 1.3 million.

Just as Ms. Palin terminated employees on her way into office, she also let some go on the way out, including Mr. Cramer. When Ms. Palin completed her second and final term, in 2002, her stepmother-in-law, Faye Palin, was running to succeed her. It seemed like a good idea, except that Faye Palin supported abortion rights and was registered as unaffiliated, not Republican, people who remember the race said. Sarah Palin sided instead with Dianne M. Keller, a religious conservative and an ally on the City Council. Ms. Keller won.

Can't let our religious issues stand in the way of family.

link

What I need to do is strike a deal with you guys as you go out throughout Alaska -- I can do my part in doing things like working really, really hard to get a natural gas pipeline." Palin said. "Pray about that also. I think God's will has to be done, in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that. But I can do my job there, in developing our natural resources, and doing things like getting the roads paved, making sure our troopers have their cop cars and their uniforms and their guns, and making sure our public schools are funded.But really, all of that stuff doesn't do any good if the people of Alaska's hearts isn't right with God. And that's going to be your job," she said. "As I'm doing my job, let's strike this deal. Your job is going to be: to be out there, reaching the people, (the) hurting people throughout Alaska, and we can work together to make sure God's will be done here."

Since she took state office in late 2006, the governor and her family have spent more than $13,000 in taxpayer funds to attend at least 10 religious events and meetings with Christian pastors, including Franklin Graham, the son of evangelical preacher Billy Graham, records show.

link

After that, Kalnins, standing next to Palin, says that Alaska is “one of the refuge states,” where thousands of people from the rest of the U.S. will go in “in the last days,” a reference to end times and Armageddon. He says they have to be ready to minister to people from the “lower 48” who flee to Alaska:

Here is one for anyone who questions Obama's former church pastor:

Pastor of Palin's church said people who criticized Bush would go to hell, and that Jesus was in ‘war mode‘ and favored going to war in Iraq

Palin “has maintained a friendship with Wasilla Assembly of God and has attended various conferences and special meetings here,” Kalnins’ office said in a statement reported by the Post.

It was so cool growing up in this church and getting saved here,‘’ Palin told the church audience in June, praising "the umbrella of this church… God has sent me from underneath the umbrella of this church throughout this state.’’

Kalnins has preached that the 9/11 attacks and the invasion of Iraq are part of a “world war” over the Christian faith:

link

So did God tell Palin to step down?

Yea, that isn't scarey.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Of course there is no investigation NOW that she has stepped down as Governor of Alaska, and likely KILLED her political future.

Never underestimate the power, and persuasiveness of a corrupt federal government and agency.

They always get what they want, and no one ever seems to have any further questions on the matter.

You ain't seen nothing yet!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Don't ever piss off the feds, they can and will find a way to bring you down.

The FBI is a great tool for the Washington elite.

Always has been, always will be.

They have successfully cleaned up McCain's mistake.

Case closed.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

You ain't seen nothing yet!

Quaint, but probably not for the reasons you're thinking...

Lest we continue to shed crocodile tears for Mrs Palin, from an OpEd column today in the Washington Post:
(by Kathleen Parker)

When you're up to your waders in barracuda, blame the media.
And quit your job.
And say you did it for the people.
And hire an agent.
And try to keep a straight face.
On your way to the bank.

**skip**

She may be politically dead -- "If I die, I die. So be it," as Palin recently put it --

**skip**

"Let's face it, she just doesn't really want to govern, and she's doing what's best for her," said a Republican campaign strategist who has worked with Palin.

"This is a win-win," said another. "It's a win for her because she is not politically viable, and now hopefully she can make a lot of money, have balance and affect culture in a positive way. It's a win for the Republican Party because she was the female version of [George W.] Bush in some ways. She is not intellectually curious. We need and have smart, competent alternatives."

www.washingtonpost.com...

Wow! With allies like that, who needs the big, bad 'media' tearing you down?

Ms. Parker had another phrase, you can read it in the entire column ---

'Follow the money'

Is that the scent of fear? Or, is it avarice?

[edit on 8 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

top topics

join