It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a president like this...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I had recieved this in an email and must admit I agree with what he is saying. With all the immigrants in the US I find it hard to speak to alot of people because they don't/can't speak the English language. Please forgive me if this has been posted before as i didn't see it in a search.

Here is a picture of Prime Minister John Howard, Australia

Here's what he had to say.

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians'.

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'. 'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this... But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Sorry about all the quoted boxes, it wouldn't let me put it all in one. I like what he had to say if anyone has more on this please post it.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
well that all doesnt carry over perfectly but he does have some points.

im not too up to date on the australian government policy, but he said the ntion was founded on christian principles...from my understanding, wasnt it founded on the principle that if england ships all its criminals there, they wont be a danger to england?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm not really sure, but i do believe you could be right about the prisoners sent there but that doesn't mean they weren't christian prisoners lol..

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
John Howard lost touch with the working class here in Australia and got voted out of power last election. He basically thought he could steal the wealth of individuals ( The joke was he called it Work Choices ) by allowing laws that heavily benefited Corporations and Companies so that they could do as they pleased with our conditions.

Wrong John, you were very wrong and the powers that be don't realize how close this country was to having a violent revolution to oust the Corporatocracy. With this climate scam now being voted on in our Parliament a similar thing will happen if Rudd ( current PM ) allows us to be taxed into oblivion....he will get voted out of office.

John Howard was also a USA Lickar$e, he bowed and kowtowed to anything the US president said and in the end it was really pathetic. It was so embarrassing to see an Australian grovel to Bush like a weak gutted spineless fool

So in closing he wouldn't make a Good President and I think personally he was just another Instrument of British Royalty and one of its minions.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by mazzroth]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I really like Greece. I had the great fortune to be stationed there for a year when I was in the army. I learned the language the best I could, I adopted their customs, I tried very hard to become a "Greek" while I was there. I chose not to be an ugly American and insult people nor did I try to impose my ideas upon the citizens of that country. I had a great time. Yes, I found some things strange to me, some things I just couldn't understand why they did those things, but I accepted their culture and tried my best to communicate with the Greeks in their own language. If I didn't have children and grandchildren here in the U.S., I would probably move to Greece. And I would not try to impose my will upon their culture. Why should I? Why would I? It's Greece, not the U.S of A. And if I chose to move there, I would embrace the culture of that country.

I agree with John Howard in regards to Australia.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hundreds of years ago the English sent their criminals to Australia and they did not adapt to that countrys culture. And the English and the French and the Spanish invaded North America and South America and did not adapt to the current culture. No excuses from me for this. Oh, yeah, Georgia was originally a penal colony, too. That was just an aside. Do we say, well, these other guys did this, so it's okay for others to do the same? Or do we say, here, let's draw the line and stop this madness?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

Thanks for the replies, starred your post as you know alot more about Australia and what goes on there then i do.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

I'm glad that you tried to fit in and learn Greek and the customs of it's people, I would do the same if I was to ever move out of the states which seems very flavorsome these days..

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I support what Howard said fully but there is one thing the Aussies have that we don't: relative proximity to Indonesia, Malaysia and other countries which are firmly linked to anti-Western activities. Austrialian tourists have been subjected to terrorist bombings, arrests and showtrials, to name a few problems. They've also had a rising problem with anti-foreigner violence in recent years. Still, it is a great country and that attitude of "get in gear or get out" is something a lot of countries should examine, cough cough.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
well you all can have him.

he was a racist
he was a cunning and coniving fox
he made me feel ashamed to be an Australian and in turn,
he woke me up to the evils of nationalism
he had' little man syndrome' and put it on the whole country

i still have the bad taste in my mouth from his 'leadership' and its seems to have stuck with our new PM besides his early symbolic posturing.

Take him, please...if you don't want to progress as human beings

edit -missed a word

[edit on 5-7-2009 by 2theC]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
well if you wanted a president like John Howard here is some of the other things you would have to take with the package.

All of your guns would be confiscated. like he did to ours.

All of the elections will be called at the last minute, so that john Howard can advertise how great he thinks he is , using taxpayers money.

Your country will slowly be turned into a bigger Brittan, in terms of the draconian laws being put forward and passed.

there are so many others its not funny.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Seems I need to learn more about this guy, but from what you guys/gals have said maybe I should have used a different title and most likely don't want to know more about him.. Just liked what i read from what I posted.
Thanks for the replies!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2theC

Take him, please...if you don't want to progress as human beings

No we don't need to progress as human beings. We need to live in tolerance of others whacko ideas. Look at the weirdos down the street... How could they live like that??? Eh? No problem... Consider what they might be thinking about YOU... You weirdo! :LOL:

Actually, look at California collapse. They had the right idea, it was very poorly executed. I watched a flood of immigrants in the 80's and 90's and soon we had all of our (utility bills, etc.) bills and statements written in 13 languages.

All state mandated. Talk about a waste of paper. Learn English or leave.

Don't press 2 for Spanish. Don't pass GO! and Don't collect $200 in welfare subsidies.

Tolerate and learn about the cultures of others within our country. Don't allow Gov't to mandate communicating in ALL languages... That divides and causes chaos.

Oh wait, Maybe that's the point. Ever try to please everyone, all of the time? California? Collapsed yet? :LOL:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

well there was a political agenda behind all his retoric
to divide the community and play on half of our countries deep seated fear of anything foreign.

one example-
His government told lies about refugees, leaking a photo of a person handing a child off a sinking refugee boat to someone in the water and telling us that 'Illegal immigrants throw their children overboard, topping that up with a speech , from him, saying these sort of people aren't welcome here because this is the sort of people they are. wise words from our leader.

Australia use to have an official White Australia policy and he would have, if he could have reintroduced that.( that's conjecture however...)

Towards the end we ended up with our youth draping australian flags over them and starting a race riot against people of middle eastern descent. I blame this on his influence over his period as our 'leader'.

He played the race card.

the people in his own constituency didn't even re-elect him back into parliament in the last election, let alone his government.

'ken have him.
Sounds like he would very good for America. He is very clever.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Not that this comment is very constructive under the circumstances...

Everything in moderation.

Seems the world is dominated by EXTREMISTS! Polarizing.

Someone needs to toke it up ... and it ain't me.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but John Howard did not say any of this, at least not in whole or even in a miniscule part.

The OP is just a hybrid version of an article written by US Air Force Vet Barry Loudermilk and published in a Georgia paper. Read web.archive.org... then the second part of the link is vietnow.com... for the published article.

It holds some universal appeal, so of course emailed hybrid versions have popped up in email inboxes round the world from time to time...What the article says though, is still valid. Just that credit should be given where credit is due...and in that spirit snopes is the one who gave me this information.

However, I do remember recieving this email some time ago and questioning it, because it would have been recorded or in the news had John Howard actually said this, but it wasn't. Show me a transcript of any article anywhere where he actually said this.

Edit: Sorry the link is wierd, ATS won't let me post it. Basically the address of the two links joined together, in the one bar, is the correct address, so the second link will have to be copied and pasted and put in front of the first link. Apologies.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by cloudbreak]

[edit on 7-7-2009 by cloudbreak]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I like all of those Howard quotes but hated Howard more than any other Aussie PM in history. Because...
1. He got Australia involved in the wars in both Afghanistan and Iraq, tried to Americanize the country as a serious terrorist target. He thereby exploited the fear of terrorism to serve covert strategies every bit as much as Blair & Bush (in fact given the absence of any Islamic attacks on our soil; some would say more so).
2. He refused to sign the Kyoto Protocol. Australia has since signed and in spite of a global recession the economy continues to be robust.
3. As mazzroth said he was an enemy of the working class, supporting worse conditions-employer rights.
He also allowed foreign owned mineral companies to take ever more of Australia’s resources with ever less tax (proportionately) (not as a total).
People were smart enough to see that if anyone should have their tax’s cut it should be working Australians, and not foreign owned bodies going through a boom phase owing to China’s ever increasing mineral demand.

Howard didn’t just loose the race to become PM, he lost his constituency as well. His sucking up to evil, away from good old fashioned conservative values is why (in my opinion) his defeat was one of the most, truly well, deserved political events of at our decade.

But just one thing...
Originally posted by 2theC

Australia use to have an official White Australia policy and he would have, if he could have reintroduced that.( that's conjecture however...)

Do you seriously think Australia would be anything other than another 3rd world country just like all the other 3rd world countries that are geographically near by, if it had not been for White Auistralia Policy?
I don't agree with racism on the grounds it's always unfair, as there are always intelligent people from every race. But I don't agree Western-British culture is as equrally as backward as any other world culture either!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Howard was a very little man in all meanings of the word. As people have said he became the countries most hated PM through basically a majority in parliament, it did not matter if people where against a certain change he could vote it through anyway. His administration were caught lieing to the public more than once, the children overboard thing is just one. He treated refugees like prisoners, destroyed the unions, destroyed fair wages and full time employment, im sure the list goes on. He was a good politician, very smart but also very wrong.

What sort of Aussie cant play cricket either

[edit on 13-7-2009 by pazcat]

top topics

join