It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo skeptics -- get in here.. right now!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I know this topic has been done to death, but this has gone too far!

Ive just seen the thread about the ufo releaseing orbs
its CLEARLY not a bird or photoshop or a plane, yet there are still people doubting!

Ive come to the conclusion that even if a craft landed on the whitehouse lawn they`ll STILL be people who dont believe it!

Hell even if somebody on the miday news said hello im an alien` people wouldnt believe it!

There are always going to be people who hav e a certain idea rammed into the shallow bubble they live in, and ANYTHING which will contradict it, they feel a need to discredit it, or deny it.. even if all the evidence points to it being not of this world!

Who cares what skeptics think... most of the world now believe in the paranormal explanation, or at least that the governments are outright lying when they deny any cover up!

We, that is the vast majority of sane people who have seen ufos, or followed convincing cases, know our truth, and that is ALL WHAT MATTERS... if somebody doesnt believe in ufos thats HIS/HER PROBLEM, not ours!

I personally do not care what skeptics think, and if people lived their lives with THEIR OWN TRUTHS, and didnt keep worrying about being politicially correct, or `impressing or prooving to other people`... then they would go far more further in life!

So my friends, lets ignore the skeptics and move on with solving the huge puzzle of ufos and aliens... and again if a skeptic tries to discredit you, IGNORE... as their ignorance is THEIR problem! NOT yours!

[edit on 5-7-2009 by plejarenlyran]

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If you don't care what skeptics think, why have you started a thread about them?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
i knew id get some smart remark

the purpose of this thread is to tell ufo researchers instead of worrying about impressing the skeptics.. carry on with YOUR OWN TRUTH as that is what matters

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Don't worry about the skeptics.

I don't speak their language, either.

It is about fear. They merely fear this 'theory' becoming reality.

Losing fear, allows acceptance.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I believe you must examine all obvious and less obvious possibilities that might explain a phenomenon in terms of physics and mathematics. No possiblilty should be discarded until considered against the evidence and only discarded if it doesn't fit. Only by eliminating everything that's not possible are you left with the truth. Nothing should ever the accepted on faith or opinion.

WG3

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by plejarenlyran

so basically what you want is to censor or negate the opinions of those who want better evidence that the orbs are aliens and whatnot?

sorry, but i think if it werent for skeptics, believers wouldnt have a third of the case that they have built for aliens, plus people would be running around believing completely stupid things. skepticism is healthy for REAL discovery of truth. Skepticism forces you to study in detail things before you believe them. its HEALTHY for intellectual growth.

let me phrase it this way, if people believe something as soon as they hear it without what they consider sufficient evidence, they are stupid. in order to believe orbs are aliens, they need to be convinced. obviously there hasnt been enough to convince skeptics and thats not really anything you can choose.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

You can not use our version of the laws of physics to explain something outside of them.
That's why some NASA bods have a head hissy breakdown and being unable to handle it,become blind to what the rest of us can see.
They try to hold on by repeating the same old debunk rubbish over and over.

It fits with the average joe aswell,when their back of the queue in evolution minds can't compute it.
NO NO NO,shaky head,cant see it,hear it,whistling,humming.NA,NA,NA.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Yep i share your pain OP! although, there is a good reason for skeptics as they do filter alot of the crap out, but then when somethin really good comes through its alot of the same responses that they use.

Really tho unfortunate as it is we NEED the skeptics to keep the BS inline let the good stuff through. Although there is alot of over the top skeptics and alot for a site like this, i mean do they just come here to debunk or spread disinfo? I mean i dont like hondas (example) but i dont go to the honda forum and go on about how much i dont like them and when people claim they got 500hp outta theres i dont say BS! just an example but i fail to see why alot of people are actually on this site?

I know theres many different forums on this site but if they dont believe in UFO's stay outta the ufo forums!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There is however a fine line between
"Healthy" Skepticism and just downright Cynicism!

Wisdom is in knowing which one is one leaning towards in any given moment and thus either helping the truth or hindering it either willfully or not.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Oh, those evil, suppressing "skeptics" LOL.

I have said this before and I will say it again, if "skeptics" were the loudest voice, and therefore this subject's public representative, I assure you "ufology" wouldn't be the complete laughing stock of a subject that it is today. We have blind believers, the ignorant and the folks that treat this like a religion to thank for that.

So why concern yourself with skeptics? We ARE NOT THE VOCAL MAJORITY here at all, and not even close when it comes to the national scene. So no need to worry about us, you guys just keep doing what your doing and let the newscaster laugh openly every time something even remotely investigate comes along. And of course, the media will never look into something that should be, because this subject is as laughable as it is.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
i have always said and i mantain to this day...

that denial of the et possibility is a mental illness if you will

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The absence of undeniable evidence does not preclude that there is undeniable evidence of absence:
whether it be EBE's, Reptillians, Greys, Grays, Nordics, Anunnaki/Nephillim, Orions, K-paxians, Pleidians or any other assortment of such ET's from accross the Galaxy and there alleged exo-political conspiracies

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Epsillion70]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They just don't want to believe. Their scared of it being true. Or it just may be the case that their little book doesn't allow it so it's not fathomable.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
everything can be faked ....even if you watch something in front of your eyes .. well, it could be a robot, or a hologram ...

so, YES ... there are some people that will never believe, that have some mental problem ... I will not say that this new video is fake, neither that it is not, but I wont go to the thread and bomb with CGI without saying anything and without having the knowledge to make a analysis ...

as I said before ... there are some sick people in this board, you can clearly see, they dont know anything about cgi and start bombing the threads ... or they are beeing paid to post these things and start conflicts in every threads

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Hey folks. I suppose I am one of these Skeptics...lol... Personally, skeptics are needed. Prime example being the earth being flat and the brick falling faster than the feather. I personally do not fear anything, I just do not believe in aliens. I provide good arguments for my cause and other things, I am not blind or at least I do not think so. And I like to think that I am at least somewhat intelligent. I just do not believe in them for many reasons. And its also not that I just do not want to believe because I'm closed minded, its just the evidence is not here nor their...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm here, I'm here! Oh, wait, this was a call for skeptics. Heh, I rushed right in when I saw UFO. I guess I am skeptical at times, at least until I see something that leaves me no doubt that something is not quite "right", er, explainable. Meanwhile, I tend to be like the little kid in Angels in the Outfield. "It could happpppppppennnnnn."

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Not sure what I'm seeing here, but the footage is remarkable none the less. I do believe that it is real footage and not CGI. I've noticed that all the CGI video's are clear with the aircraft moving very steadlily. I've also noticed that most of the true UFO footage is blurry with the craft moving in an unstable manner. Only very few are clear, and usually if the craft is moving very slowly. I believe that this needs to be investigated more.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The U.S. Government is strictly lying about aliens as you believe OP? What other stuff are they lying about? How about technology that's already 20 years ahead of us that they don't want other countries to know about? Because it's unknown technology it must come from aliens? Unidentified Flying Object means they don't know what it is. Not that it is a vehicle driven by aliens. It could be anything owned by anyone. I'm not saying it doesn't have intelligent design either, just it could be anything from anywhere. Even Earth. Or, it could just be beings from another planet. Open the options a little.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by plejarenlyran
Ive just seen the thread about the ufo releaseing orbs
its CLEARLY not a bird or photoshop or a plane, yet there are still people doubting!

doubting what? no one here knows what it is, including you. why should "belief" or "doubt" enter into it? it may be something interesting or it could be cgi, balloons on a string or some other type of hoax. you say its "clearly" not, but how do you know? I'd rather withhold judgement and just consider the possibilities in the absence of conclusive proof one way or the other. militant "believers" and militant "sceptics" are cut from the same loony cloth.

We, that is the vast majority of sane people who have seen ufos, or followed convincing cases, know our truth, and that is ALL WHAT MATTERS... if somebody doesnt believe in ufos thats HIS/HER PROBLEM, not ours!

"seeing a ufo" just means seeing something you don't know what the heck it is. right? so why would seeing something you dont know what it is constitute some kind of "truth"?

and what is the truth, exactly? there's no consensus: some think there are nuts and bolts craft full of aliens visiting here, some think its our future selves time traveling back here for some reason, others stress the similarity across cultures and epochs with tales of elves, fairys, deamons, angels, etc. Jung considered the possibility that it is archetypes from the collective unconscious erupting into 3d reality. there are many possibilities and no one knows what is really going on. so its not a matter of "belief" or "skepticism" (although if i had to be one or the other, I'd much rather be a "sceptic", which is just someone who demands proof and not just fuzzy internet videos), just consider the possibilities until things become clearer (if they ever do- some like Vallee have talked about the "trickster" nature of the phenomena, its inherent elusiveness and determination to cloak itself in absurdity and contradiction).

PS - I watched that damned "Moon rising" video today and god it was embarassing. pure BS from beginning to end. does saying so make me a "sceptic"? If it does in this case I will wear the label proudly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join