It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO outside airplane window

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yeah, you are on the ball.
I thought It might be on the bottom of the windows.

Great pic.
I wonder if the pilots reported anything?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
Cant determine..... what!?!?

Yes, you can't determine the distance of the object in question on a 2D image that doesn't have depth of field.

We have multiple points of reference including the most obvious ones.

Uh, nobody can do anything with points of reference on an object that has never been seen before.

We have gunk on the window to determine the distance from window to camera.

Care to tell us the distance? All you can do is guess. How do you know if the camera is zoomed in, or actually physically close? You can't, with just one image.

We have a jet engine both to use as a point of reference.

Nobody said anything about points of reference. Even then, points of reference are basically pointless on a 2D image of an object that doesn't have anything next to it.

A droplet surviving on a window at 500 mph?

Who says it's "surviving", how do you know the droplet didn't just get there when he took the picture? It's not a video camera. It's a single frame.

A water drop could have condensed there. You know what condensation is? Sure hope so.

The drop could have originated from the front of the jet, and slid all the way down the side of the aircraft.

Actually, water is attracted to static electricity, and the outside of aircraft are statically charged when they are flying.

It cant be ice, because at those altitudes water becomes supercooled without turning to ice. Here is a link to scientific information that will give you some idea of what I'm talking about here. I can't quote it because it's in PDF.

NASA about aviation weather;
virtualskies.arc.nasa.gov...

One of the major weather hazards to aviation is icing.

The most dangerous icing takes place over the windward side of ridges and above the crests. This icing zone can extend 5,000 feet or higher above the top of the mountain.

If he provides more pictures we might actually be able to see if he is flying over any mountains or ridges.

If he doesn't want to post any more images, I could also conclude that he isn't telling the truth.

/sigh

/sigh, you try to hard.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0nce 0nce

/sigh, you try to hard.

If I don't then no one will. Seems to be the case more often than not.

As for the gunk on the window. Sure you can't tell how far away it is, but as far as I can tell, you can see the object is beyond the window.

I dunno, this is a pretty good piece of evidence if it can be verified. Nice clear shot from a commercial plane. Not bad. I'm just doing my best to keep it from being ripped apart, because I personally think it deserves a little bit more attention than that.

I agree with you that the OP needs to post some more pictures. If I saw a UFO, I would snap as many pictures as I could as fast as I could.

I still don't think it's ice on the window or anything of that sort.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

NASA about aviation weather;
virtualskies.arc.nasa.gov...

One of the major weather hazards to aviation is icing.

The most dangerous icing takes place over the windward side of ridges and above the crests. This icing zone can extend 5,000 feet or higher above the top of the mountain.

All well and good data you brought in, Once Once, but unfortunately irrelevant to a B737 cruising above the clouds, in very clear air.

AND, the jet is obviously over water....look at the World Map, and you will see the route from Portugal to the UK

A little about the Sun's angle, again. As I stated previously, the Sun is above and to the right, assuming the airplane is on course from Portugal to the UK. It is May, and naturally in the Northern Hemisphere. The object in question is lit from the right, and shadowed on the left.

I won't say definitely what it is, I just point out what it is not.

As others have pointed out, it is only one photo, so we have no information as to relative motion, etc. How long it was observed, and so forth. The OP will have to supply that data.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
yeah, nice picture.....im always looking out of windows hoping to see something unknown...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i just cracked that photo open in photoshop and there doesn't seem to be any tampering with the photo. the photos noise is consistent, and the lighting is accurate to the environment.

pretty cool shot.
might be a good time to post on MUFON or similar entities.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Krystian

Thank you Krystian.
The object did look triangular and smooth, but with your blow up it appears to be more of an elongated shape with an uneven surface.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

...but with your blow up it appears to be more of an elongated shape with an uneven surface.

We should be careful with assumptions. There's a little matter of something called 'pixellation' when something (especially digital) is enlarged greatly.

In old-fashioned photographic film emulsions, it was the size of the 'grains', as they were called, that determined the clarity of an image after enlarging. Digital CCDs, while different, can be seenin the same way. That's why the number of MBs is important...more megabytes, smaller the pixels, better the image.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
It's a brilliant picture.

My first thought was that it is one of those small vents or whatever they are that they have on one of the panes of window... they are oblong with curved edges.

However looking it's hard to see if it's on the window and also there would be a few of them in a row.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

Nope!

Look at this posted by nablator:

Posted by nablator, on July 6, 2009 at 10:08 GMT

Usually the small hole is at the bottom of the window.

His pic didn't copy/paste, you can see it on Page 2. The vent hole on the inner protective plastic piece is, on the B737, ONE hole at the bottom.

SOME manufacturers do use three small holes, in a horizontal row. Boeing doesn't.

It ISN'T the vent hole, wrong look, wrong position, wrong shadows.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by and14263

Nope!

Look at this posted by nablator:

Posted by nablator, on July 6, 2009 at 10:08 GMT

Usually the small hole is at the bottom of the window.

His pic didn't copy/paste, you can see it on Page 2. The vent hole on the inner protective plastic piece is, on the B737, ONE hole at the bottom.

SOME manufacturers do use three small holes, in a horizontal row. Boeing doesn't.

It ISN'T the vent hole, wrong look, wrong position, wrong shadows.

Ahh yeah I see that cheers.
It's a pretty intriguing picture, would like to hear some more...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
In my opinion it's not a droplet, bubble, defect or CGI. To me it's truly unexplainable.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deran
Quite obviously a water drop on the window.

Water tends to condense onto the window because it's cold.

Whatever you are on, pass some my way would you?

I've been feeling stressed out lately and need to mong out and let my brain turn to mush for a while...how's it working out for you?

(kidding)

Seriously...come on...(you must be able to do better that that, surely?)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There might even be a triangle shape trying to show through the
electrical effects.

One side is dark and to the left and the right vertical side is white.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Lokks to me exactly as Aurora should look like,there's even a round feature underneath.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

Looks real to me. I like that it's posted by "one of us." Helps a lot with credibility. Should show the original, tho. Lighting looks correct to me. I am a former international pilot with thousands of hours. I have flow that route, also. If the pic shows true, it is unidentified.

Or, ;-) maybe it's a suitcase falling out of another baggage compartment...part of the 1 million lost last year...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hi,

here are a couple of pic's i took on the plane, one out of the window, the other of my son next to the window.

www.flickr.com...

www.flickr.com...

Please feel free to download them as i'll delete them when i need the space (i'm only allowed a certain number of images on my image hosting)

Thanks again for all your interest and ideas.

ian

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So where's the original off the actual pic? That's the most important one.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Hi, UFO fans.

So, all together, using the shadow of the clouds as a reference,

let's try to find THE SHADOW OF THAT OBJECT, down there ! !

[ I hope we could find it ! ! ]

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
First, I'll admit that I only got through one and a half pages of this thread before posting this (got repetitive). The angle of the sun absolutely matches the shadow on the object. Look at the clouds below. Same shade pattern. As for the reflection of the sun on the engine cowling, the sun would be to the right of the aircraft (angles of reflection), and also matches the shadow patterns in the clouds. If it's a fake, it's a very good one! I'm going with authentic!

As to what it is, well, they don't call 'em unidentified flying objects for nothin'! It could be a solar balloon, as a previous poster suggested. If it is, then the pilot got way too close (judging from the pic that was supplied by the same poster). They are alerted to such hazards, and it's part of their preflight to check on these things (called 'Notice to Aviators' if memory serves me right, but I could be mistaken). It could also be a black project vehicle or extraterrestrial in origin.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join