It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Suggests U.S. Not Standing in Israel’s Way on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Joe sure is talking a lot these days. That coupled with supposed permission granted by the Saudi's to fly over their airspace seems pretty ominous.

Link

From NY Times:

George Stephanopoulos, the program’s host, asked: “But just to be clear here, if the Israelis decide Iran is an existential threat, they have to take out the nuclear program, militarily the United States will not stand in the way?”

And Mr. Biden replied: “Look, we cannot dictate to another sovereign nation what they can and cannot do when they make a determination — if they make a determination — that they’re existentially threatened and their survival is threatened by another country.”

The Israeli government has said that it hopes to see the Iranian nuclear program halted through diplomacy, but it has not ruled out a military strike. Talk of such a strike flared episodically during the Bush presidency.

Such a strike is considered highly problematic, both for the unpredictable shock waves it would send coursing through the region and because of the technical difficulty of destroying nuclear facilities that are scattered around Iran, some of them deep underground.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If they do, it's giving Russia and China a green light.

They back Iran like we back israel.

I say the US and the Commies stay out of it, take the nukes from israel, and let them fight it out.

Israel chose to move in between everyone they hate as they get pleasure in playing victim, as if they don't remain "victims", israel will not exist.

Americans are getting tired of fighting israel's battles!!

The new generation has realized all we get in return for billions of weapons and aid, is an ever growing target on our backs!

israel DOESN'T GIVE US ONE DAMN THING BESIDES THE LARGEST LOBBY IN WASHINGTON DC!!

Why would an "ally" need to lobby OUR government?

Why is an "ally" the country that has been caught the most spying over and over again on the US.

IT'S TIME TO WORK TOWARDS WORLD PEACE, NOT JUST PEACE FOR ISRAEL.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

I say the US and the Commies stay out of it, take the nukes from israel, and let them fight it out.

Oh yeah. That would be fair. Take the nukes from Israel (how? By going to war with them?), let Iran keep theirs and nuke Israel off the map. (*sarcasm*)

I wonder whose side you're on?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Iran has nukes?

Even Israeli projections, which are about 1/2 as short as the UN's say they do not yet have a nuke.

Do you have information that the Israeli government and the UN don't have?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

Originally posted by breakingdradles
take the nukes from israel, and let them fight it out.

I wonder whose side you're on?

His/her screen name is 'breaking dradles'.
Dradles are a Jewish children's game
My guess is that he's on whatever side opposite what the Jews are on.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Which battles exactly has the U.S. fought for Israel? We do provide foreign aid, and we do supply them with our latest gadgetry...but then again we do that for quite a number of countries that we consider allies....

And whats with the "new generation" stuff???

and just so you don't think I came on here just to blast you...I too dream of a day when world peace prevails...not just for us or the Israeli's, but for everyone...

new topics

top topics

join