It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am scared of the prospect of Israel attacking Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

Those are the same reasons they used to attack Iraq remember? Mind you they also said there WMD's present, which there wasn't, but you see where this is going.

If you look at the campaign against Iraq in the months and years before the invasion, I see a very similar pattern to today with Iran.

A nation can't be held accountable for giving money to "political parties" that are tied to terrorist activities. We view those people as terrorists, but the people of Gaza see them as liberators standing up for their rights.

It's a slippery slope when it comes to those things. And yes, they have not shown any direct aggression or attacked a nation directly, which means they aren't actively pursuing an agenda of destruction.

I still believe all they want is to be left alone, which they will be once they have a Nuclear weapon, I don't doubt that happening. Israel won't dare do anything once they are certain they have the capability of turning Jerusalem into a glass crater.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don’t think anyone truly wants to start ww3 but unfortunately when you have a leader in Iran who is hell bent of taking us all there; I would rather start and end it on our terms. Sometimes you can’t run from a bully, there are times when you need to smack him first and quickly to keep him from hitting you harder later.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You are probably right about Iran's weapons. You are certainly right about the stupid religious war that will have a death toll in the millions.

Man, I wish we could somehow take a sudden leap forward, and quit spending all our energy trying to kill each other.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
i did not say anything about a nuke war. far from that, why would a country nuke the other over there, that is just dumb. not only the resources would be gone but peoples around the area would be affected. no nukes used here at all. you would have to be a pretty mad man over there to use them. no i mean, missle attack no nukes and ground assault.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

Another example of how US propaganda has driven your view of Iran into a false truth.

There is no evidence, no statement no anything that supports the government wanting to start WW3 or any conflict with anybody other than Israel.

Yes they don't like the US or the UK for apparently "meddling" in their affairs, but can you blame them? It would take alot of research to change my mind that the CIA or MI6 isn't operating over there right now.

I'm really getting tired of the mis-information campaign that airs on all news stations accross the West every day.

It's sad that people take it face value.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I still believe all they want is to be left alone, which they will be once they have a Nuclear weapon, I don't doubt that happening. Israel won't dare do anything once they are certain they have the capability of turning Jerusalem into a glass crater.

~Keeper

I like they way you think welcome to the downtown436 friend list.

In the time that Israel was established Iran has only attacked Iraq, and that was because Iraq invaded them and attempted to seize one of their southern oilfields.

Meanwhile, Israel has attacked Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, the United States (U.S.S Liberty), Palestine, and of course, Iraq, and I think that is all but I may have forgotten some. Oh yeah and which of the two is officially armed with nukes?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Nukes they received from the US no less. But you're absolutely correct. When presented with such evidence, people will say "Ohh but Israel has the right to defend itself since nobody wants it to exist." That's not a good enough answer to constant war mongering and political bullying.

Everybody hates everybody in this day and age, they simply need to come to terms with that, and stay within the boarders that were so graciously given to them by morons.

Mind you I think the jews did deserve a place to stay after everything, but it should have been done with far more care and concern for the surrounding populations and their politics, and then on top of that, they received a carte blanche from the US to do as they pleased.

This is not the way a responsible member of the international community behaves. They aren't the only ones at fault here, but they certainly are compounding the problem.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
I don’t think anyone truly wants to start ww3 but unfortunately when you have a leader in Iran who is hell bent of taking us all there; I would rather start and end it on our terms. Sometimes you can’t run from a bully, there are times when you need to smack him first and quickly to keep him from hitting you harder later.

Do you really believe that Iran is the bully in this situation? I agree with your assessment on what to do with bullies, but I think you have been watching too much faux news.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Wow, Im sure glad your not the President of the United States. You much realise that a threat against an ally of the US is a threat against the US. I would think that you are the one who has been influenced by "propaganda" but from the extreme Muslim factions. Israel has a right to defend themselves against a nut like ahmadinejad and those mulas who choose to threaten war against Israel and the west.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Hmmm yes I do believe that Iran is the bully in this situation. Ahmadinejad is the one who consistantly threatens the total distruction of Israel not the other way around. And its spelled "FOX" not faux.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
money ,power. it will all come to an end very shortly. slavery of wimen, children over there. all pathetic. and if you say something, you get shot. i say start a new over there and end the tyranny. all them countries over there are like that. ask an iranian american what he thinks about his wife being over there and how things work. he will tell ya. so get rid of the sorry old way and in with the new way of thinking of peoples over there. so war and have a big war over there and hope change for the good arrives in the name of free the wimen and children.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37

Hmmm yes I do believe that Iran is the bully in this situation. Ahmadinejad is the one who consistantly threatens the total distruction of Israel not the other way around. And its spelled "FOX" not faux.

Nope it's definitely spelled "FAUX" trust me.

Here is some required reading for ya:

www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 5-7-2009 by downtown436]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pudgeego

Who are you to go around "changing" other countries?

What give you the right to determine how people treat each other in some other godforsaken land?

What if we just leave them alone, so that we can reasonably expect to be left alone here?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstrongo37

No...that's not true.

Just because my neighboor was robbed doesn't mean my house is next.

Israel does have a right to defend themselves, but they are instigating this kind of thing with their rhetoric.

I'm not pro Muslim and not brainwashed, I am an objective obersver, I've watched collected facts and seen what's happenning. It's all very clear to me.

People think Israel is this invincible and innocent party in a world of Anti-Semites, and it's just not true.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

A nation can't be held accountable for giving money to "political parties" that are tied to terrorist activities. We view those people as terrorists, but the people of Gaza see them as liberators standing up for their rights.

What? You can't be serious? It's one thing to say the people can't be held accountable for what their government does. It's completely wrong to say that a government "can't be held accountable for giving money to "political parties" that are tied to terrorist activities." Many people like yourself seem to hold the US accountable for everything bad that has happened in the world for the last 200 years. According to this line of thought it was US influence or money or support that lead to every atrocity imaginable.

Do you not see your statement as a double standard? I am not trying to argue that the US has not done horrible things in the past and probably will do more in the future. But I totally disagree with your statement that Iran can't be held accountable. They are totally and deliberately supporting people who kill not only innocent Israelis but innocent Palestinians, Syrians, Lebonese, Iraqis, and even Iranians! The Iranians have the blood of many thousands of people on their hands. They may not have actually pulled the trigger themselves, but they are just as guilty.

I also believe Iran wants to be left alone. They want to be left alone so they can continue using all kinds of proxies to pursue their agenda. They are smart enough to know that if they only use proxies to do their dirty work they can keep pleading to be an innocent victim of US aggression.

And, just for the record, I get my news from lots of media sources including the Internet, CNN, ABC, New York Times and lots of other places - not just Fox News.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Ohh, I wasn't referring to you with the media propaganda, but let's all remember that most of the sources you listed are own by Rupert Murdoch, Ted Turner and other ilk. All to be avoided really is what I'm getting at.

That's a side note however.

Yes I see how my comment could be a double standard, it's understandable. But again, until Iran actually DOES something as the nation, then there is no need to pursue a violent agenda against them as Israel and the US have done.

Blood is on everybody's hand, there is no innocent parties anymore. All we have left are instigators and the people who get baited into conflict by them.

We are so quick to judge and blame nations that we aren't citizens of for their actions against others, when in truth, we have no understanding of why they pursue such an agenda.

Everybody needs to take a big long breather. And the US needs to reign in it's lapdog before they find themselves in a situation they can't get out of.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Ohh, I wasn't referring to you with the media propaganda, but let's all remember that most of the sources you listed are own by Rupert Murdoch, Ted Turner and other ilk. All to be avoided really is what I'm getting at.

So what media sources do you recommend for getting the truth? I'm not being snotty, just curious.

Yes I see how my comment could be a double standard, it's understandable. But again, until Iran actually DOES something as the nation, then there is no need to pursue a violent agenda against them as Israel and the US have done.

I see a violent agenda in both directions, by both parties.

Blood is on everybody's hand, there is no innocent parties anymore. All we have left are instigators and the people who get baited into conflict by them.

This is a sad, but very true assessment.

Everybody needs to take a big long breather. And the US needs to reign in it's lapdog before they find themselves in a situation they can't get out of.

I think one could argue who is the lapdog and who is the master. I also don't know if the US can "reign in" Israel and more than we can "reign in" Canada. We are allies and have strong historical ties, but that is a long way from any kind of real control. Even if the US withdrew all of its financial support Israel would probably make new "friends". They have lots of technology and capabilities they could offer in return for support.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Well we are in agreement about that one friend.

As far as news outlets, to tell you the truth I use ATS more than anything. Simply because here news stories are dis-assembled and rebuilt to reflect the facts.

I won't lie I am an avid watcher of CNN and MSNBC, but mostly for entertainment and information deconstruction. When looking up a middle eastern issue, I will take all the stories from the American media, look at the egyptian ones, the PressTV, BBC, and mash them all together and I usually come up with some sort of truth.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

free the people , free the people, free the people. they are comming over here wethere you like it or not. so you think peoples over here should be treated the same as over there? no. but they do. do you want this type of activity here played apon your childerens children because iranians took over the senate voice and said that what goes on there to happen here. how can you know? so why let it happen over there. in other words, if your friend got shot and you seen it , you would turn a blind eye to stay safe.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by pudgeego]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pudgeego

Ofcourse, that's it. The Iranians want to infiltrate the US and take over and impose their laws here. Sure...that'll happen.

No, it's about leaving countries to mend their own fences and put up their own fight. The US isn't the police of the world, they need not act like it.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join