It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am scared of the prospect of Israel attacking Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I know that it is an issue that has been beaten into the ground for years now, but it doesn't make it any less serious.

There is a divide in the world. Those who stand with Israel no matter what, and those who oppose a strike against Iran by Israel.

I feel that it would be the world's worst decision to hit Iran. It would most likely cause WWIII.

The way I see it is this. There are two separate cabals that are competing to dominate the world. You have the western world NWO on one hand, and the SCO on the other. I think that an attack on Iran would be the event to kick off a hot war between these to world powers.

The bad thing is that there will be no winners in this war. No matter who "wins" the people of the world will be forced to pay the full price. Not only in human life but in liberty as well. He that "wins" this war will dominate the entire planet. The people will be enslaved to the new world power. Whether it is the NWO or the SCO makes no difference, we will be utterly enslaved.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Well if you are right and there are two competing cabals fighting to take over control of the world then wont they do it eventually no matter what excuse they use?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Trust me, you are not alone in your fears. Not that i think that it would escalate into global conflict - there are very little chance of that - but there would be a war here for sure. Lately there is a downplay in "war cries" on both sides, and US so far (t least openly) is not giving green light for Israeli strike.
On the other hand articles about threat of Iranian nuclear attack appear here pretty often (last one i saw - and i do not read paper newspapers or watch TV - was this week) ,there is muscle flexing in terms of showing new military hardware and both sides do military drills that clearly keep each other in mind.
So since i am pretty sure that since even successful Israeli strike on Iranian nuclear facilities would only mean another few years until Iran re-builds its program and they could surely use Israeli strike as an excuse for pre-emptive strike of their own. Not to mention war on three fronts at least that would start after Israeli strike.
I hope that guys in the top understand it.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I don't think we have to worry so long as the US is behind Israel 100%. They don't want Israel attacking Iran, not now anyway, and they won't approve.

Israel may seem tough, but it seems they take their cues from Obama when it comes to thinks of world affair. The international community would not stand for a blatant attack without cause either.

We have to remember that Iran has allies in China and Russia, who if provoked could be big friends of Iran in the event of military intervention on the part of Israel.

The US can't afford another war, they don't have the money or the resources to help Israel if it decides to go that path, so it will be very much discourgaged by the American administration.

Also this war mongering rhetoric in regards to Iran is almost entirely Western based outside of Israel anyway, other nations of the world don't view Iran with such distaind as the rest do.

So it'll be something to keep our eyes on for sure, in today's climate it could happen any time, I'll give you all that, but in most cases a catalyst would need to be created and sold before anything of extreme magnitude took place.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

I think Iran has about 200 nuclear weapons already. I think that if they are attacked they will nuke our troops in Iraq, and Israel will be a smoldering pothole. I think that they bought between 200-250 nuclear weapons from Ukraine just after the fall of the Soviet Union. They range from artillery shell nukes, to back pack nukes, to standard H-bombs that are designed for use on ICMB's.

Did you see where Biden Gave the green light for attack today?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I'd like to see sources for those numbers. I have never seen anything that would indicate that Iran already has Nuclear weapons. That's what they are attempting to stop with the recent rhetoric and harsh criticism.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Dont worry,it wont happen...atleast in the near future.It wasn't plausable to attack iran hence bush told Israel to go away and stop pestering America.I have no doubts in my mind it will happen,but it won't happen until America is ready to take the fallout...which wont be any time soon.Israel NEEDS America's backing before going on such an offensive....too bad America aint ready to support them.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

archive.newsmax.com...

www.atimes.com...

www.nti.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.news.com.au...

I would be shocked if Iran had no nukes. It is possible that out of all the missing nukes in the world, none made it to Iran, but I would bet a large amount of money that Iran has a lot of nukes.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

These are all just speculation however. There are no registries of inventory that include Nuclear Weapons in Iran. Besides if any other nation thought that they had them already, somebody would have attacked them, or they wouln't be threatening too.

The one thing Iran wants more than anything else, is the ability to do what it wants without pressure from international parties. The only way to do that is to have a Nuclear Weapon, the last symbol of power and autonamy in this world.

If they had one, they would not be hiding it.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
i do not like war, but the chances of war are getting greater and greater by the year with isreal and iran. while the depletion of the oil elephant in saudi gets worse, meaning rationing countries on how much they can get to different nations, like saudi already has to the united states saying we can only purchase so much. saudi going dry, iran is rich in oil and stockpiles it everywhere. i beleive the usa has been surrounding iran. going into all the countries around it looking for terrorist groups. waiting for termoil to hit iran, so the united states can come in and clean up so we have a secure oil future. usa is going bankrupt and dyeing. if we as americans, the big wigs dont take heed and do something about this we are done as a country. if kim jon ill can say and threaten usa,stopping his ships is an act of war and bring over 200,000 men to invade and by the time you bring in the next 200,000 you will be bankrupt and kim jon ill will win and clean up the americans financially and let them war within.
i beleive that greed and a power struggle is happenning now. the little countries are ganging up on the usa. and usa is spread out way too thin. we cannot even protect our borders. grandma is protecting them with a shot gun. this is sad. i believe this greed power struggle is comming to a head. and like a boil it will pop. very soon something is going to happen in the august month, the stock market. i also believe iran and isreal will clash very soon and saudi will have something to do with that and when that happens the usa gets involved and a little later the stock market will crash and all the greedy fat rats will go running out of the usa to some country for sanctuary. then kim jon ill and his friends will attack the usa on 3 fronts. washington state, mexico and florida. i hope the cannadians come marching down to our aid.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I too would be shocked if Iran had no nuclear weapons. I doubt they have 200, but they may have 6 or 10 that they "acquired" through some black market operations - probably from some former Soviet satellite. I also think they are smarter than to "pop-off" the first one they get their hands on. They seem to be pretty shrewd in a lot of ways so I could see them "saving up" their weapons until they have enough to totally flatten Israel in one blow.

It appears to me that the government of Iran (not the people) really does have some kind of apocalyptic plan. Although many people will disagree with my view, I see the current power struggle in the Middle East as just another chapter in the religious conflicts that have existed for a thousand years or more. The warring sides have decimated each other and then rebuilt only to do the whole thing over many times. The only thing I see as different this time is that the weapons are more powerful and the deaths will be counted in millions rather than hundreds of thousands.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
i say this because saudi has been on the paid list for some time. we will protect resource interests.
saudi running dry,so saudi picks on isreal and make it look like iran did it, isreal attacks iran, iran retaliates, usa gets involved, usa stock crash, kim jon ill and friends attack usa, china gets involved and wants usa to pay back money they borrowed, usa pullout of troops all over world and redeploy them to attack n korea and iran, usa turmoil of states reguarding protection 2nd ammendment issues, peoples usa widespread no tv usage turmoil, hackers get into usa govt computers and shut down satelight communications, usa alert. things like this scenarios will happen soon i fear.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by itguysrule

Iran has never shown agression or towards or attacked another nation. They are being portrayed by biased media as the new Iraq, building public support for the incoming conflict, nothing more.

We aren't talking about North Korea here, were talking about Iran, yes their government is corrupt and run by religion, but so is the US.

The people obviously want something more as we've seen with the protests in recent weeks, so there is no reason to demonize all of them for their lame governments reaction.

As I said, they would be more than happy to tell the rest of the world to leave them alone if they had a Nuclear weapon, and they haven't, they would have no reason to hide that, unless they actually enjoy being walked on by the UN and other countries.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Iran was in the public eye recently the paper's the television.

There was huge sympathy for the Iranian people from all over the world.

What has taken the media attention away from Iran ?

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
IRAQ gave every one a rough time.
Recall the mobile launchers.
That is not child's play.
IRAQ was fully armed for destruction.
Israel may not have the resources to build counter missiles.
IRAN is father away might have to be stopped from bomb making.
Up to the UN perhaps.
IRAN could build perfectly good electrical generators as good as
nukes with Tesla generators.
But that might lead to a submarine war.
Since they already have nuclear power its a non issue.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You are absolutely correct that the PEOPLE of Iran do not want war any more than you or I do. The problem is with the government of Iran and the people who actually have their fingers "on the button." It is very clear from recent events that they care nothing for what their citizens actually want. Their brutal crackdown on their own people shows their ruthlessness. If the leaders of Iran are so willing to kill their own people in front of the whole world, what makes you think they would hesitate for an instant to destroy anyone else who threatens their power? It seems to me that killing your own people on the streets shows your true character far more clearly than any media campaign for or against you could do.

I also have to disagree with the assertion that Iran has "never shown aggression or towards or attacked another nation." It may be true that Iran has not lined up 50 divisions and marched across their border to attack another nation. BUT - I don't think anyone can claim that Iran is not supporting groups such as Hamas and Hezbolla who are actively attacking nations and individuals all over the world. Whatever their reason or justification for supporting these groups, they are funding and actively supporting terrorism, murder and all kinds of other atrocities.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a war over there is comming soon , very soon, this year scenario. when your tv goes out screnario you will know. scenario. ok. isreal will attack iran. if you watch the news late at night you will hear isreal already said, if iran continues on the path of destruction we will defend our borders even if it means to knockout the plants that threaten our borders.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

No I think you are wrong. North Korea and Pakistan have proven that if you actually get nuke in this day and age, the world leaves you alone.

It would be a pretty good reason that after all this time of threatening to bomb Iran, Israel has known that Iran has nukes already. Therefore if that is the case, Israel may never actually attack.

If Iran declares that they have nukes, they will not be attacked.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by itguysrule

As I said, they would be more than happy to tell the rest of the world to leave them alone if they had a Nuclear weapon, and they haven't, they would have no reason to hide that, unless they actually enjoy being walked on by the UN and other countries.

~Keeper

Okay, I see your point. I don't know why they would hide it if they have nukes.

It could be that the higher ups in the U.S. and Israel know what is going on and they are just in the fear business.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That's exactly what I was saying. They obviously don't have a Nuke or they'd have screamed it at the top of their lungs for the world to leave them alone or else. Which would be in their right.

~Keeper

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join